Your Biggest Phobia

(Jun. 07, 2012  2:18 AM)TriSix Wrote: I am scared of bees like cats are scared of dogs! (I used a metaphor!)

Actually, you used a simile thanks to that "like."

I used to be pretty afraid of spiders, but I've come across so many as of late that they've just begun to annoy me to the point at which when one appears, it startles me momentarily, and then I smash it with whatever's handy (usually my bare hands, unfortunately... bleh). Also, sharp objects, guns, and extreme heights nauseate me. *shiver*
(Jun. 07, 2012  3:08 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I used to be pretty afraid of spiders, but I've come across so many as of late that they've just begun to annoy me to the point at which when one appears, it startles me momentarily, and then I smash it with whatever's handy (usually my bare hands, unfortunately... bleh). Also, sharp objects, guns, and extreme heights nauseate me. *shiver*

I'm pretty much the opposite of you. I enjoy sharp objects (I use kitchen knives to "swordfight" with my cousin), I like guns (well, used to) and extreme heights are pure joy.

But, I am very afraid of spiders, aha. Wink
(Jun. 07, 2012  3:08 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2012  2:18 AM)TriSix Wrote: I am scared of bees like cats are scared of dogs! (I used a metaphor!)

Actually, you used a simile thanks to that "like."

..... To think I was good with Grammar ....... pff ......

i gotta phobia of bees im just scared of getting stung and stuff. i don't know what a name for it is maybe "Beephobia"

(Jun. 07, 2012  6:05 AM)PhantomFox27 Wrote: i gotta phobia of bees im just scared of getting stung and stuff. i don't know what a name for it is maybe "Beephobia"

Apiphobia is the fear of bees.

I've had a phobia of the ocean ever since I got pulled out by the tide last summer xD
I don't like bees, wasps, hornets because I'm afraid of being stung
(Jun. 07, 2012  6:32 AM)Dusk Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2012  6:05 AM)PhantomFox27 Wrote: i gotta phobia of bees im just scared of getting stung and stuff. i don't know what a name for it is maybe "Beephobia"

Apiphobia is the fear of bees.

I've had a phobia of the ocean ever since I got pulled out by the tide last summer xD
Thalassophobia is the fear of the ocean. I too have this, as I stated in an earlier post in this thread.
AHHHHHHHHHHH! HITSUGIYA!! I mean...hi.

I now have a fear snakes, thanks to the lake near my hotel, I was just walking back to my room and a water moackasin (deadly) was very close to biting my anckle. I ran for my life...I never hated snakes so much.
I also have a fear of the Muppets and of The Fire Wyrm. I've had plenty of nightmares about the Muppets, and The Fire Wyrm has been very mean to me!!!
I am scared when people sneak on me and say "Boo!",I let out a loud scream
And i I have Aichmophobia,Fear of things with sharp point
Spiders and bees. Mostly spiders. [/size][/font]
i have claustrophobia and phobia for insects
I'm terribly afraid of beetles ( but Ze Beatles are awesome) and I'm horrified by dogs
(Jun. 17, 2012  10:57 AM)CerealKiller Wrote: and I'm horrified by dogs

Of course, be horrified by adorable creatures that love you unconditionally :

[Image: venus20.jpg]
As someone who has nearly been killed on three separate occasions by dogs raised by extremely terrible people, the fear is not nearly as irrational as you make it seem.
Yeah, the not so adorable dog that's chasing you and trying to rip your leg off whilst barking madly and foaming at the mouth PROBABLY DOESN'T LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY.

I joke.
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:12 AM)Hazel Wrote: As someone who has nearly been killed on three separate occasions by dogs raised by extremely terrible people, the fear is not nearly as irrational as you make it seem.

Im right there with you Hazel. I was nearly killed by a German Shepherd trained to attack when i was 7. It was so bad that they had to put me back together with staples.
You should not be scared of all dogs though ... Some are clearly not mad.
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You should not be scared of all dogs though ... Some are clearly not mad.

Its not all dogs. Mainly big dogs and German shepherd and chiwawas. I was chased by one of those from my bus stop when i was in middle school. And im scared of clowns and lawn gnomes. I was attacked by a clown when i was 8. True story.
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:30 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I was attacked by a clown when i was 8. True story.
Do tell, do tell!!!
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:34 AM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:30 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I was attacked by a clown when i was 8. True story.
Do tell, do tell!!!

I was at Bible school at church. It was a circus/carnival theme. We had a clown there. The clown looked at me and tried to hug me. I just brushed the clown off. Then the clown proceeds to pull out a bike horn. Honks at me. Then starts to follow me and honk. So as i run to the bathroom that clown continued to follow until i ran in the bathroom crying. My mom had to come and get me out. After that i was looking for that clown. I was planning on knocking the pudding out of it and taking its nose.
LOL

You just made my day, Dark_Mousy!

Though, I wouldn't say attacked. More like scared and slightly harrassed.
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2012  10:57 AM)CerealKiller Wrote: and I'm horrified by dogs

Of course, be horrified by adorable creatures that love you unconditionally :

[Image: venus20.jpg]

Why wouldn't they love you? You feed them, groom them, play with 'em and give them shelter...

Using one good example to prove your argument? Haha,bad choice:[Image: Scary-dog.jpg]

I don't like dogs or cats...they're crazy for the most part.

I do however have cenophobia-fear of empty spaces. Just can't stand them!
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:48 AM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: LOL

You just made my day, Dark_Mousy!

Though, I wouldn't say attacked. More like scared and slightly harrassed.

When your a kid its kinda the same thing hah.
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:42 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2012  3:34 AM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote:
Do tell, do tell!!!

I was at Bible school at church. It was a circus/carnival theme. We had a clown there. The clown looked at me and tried to hug me. I just brushed the clown off. Then the clown proceeds to pull out a bike horn. Honks at me. Then starts to follow me and honk. So as i run to the bathroom that clown continued to follow until i ran in the bathroom crying. My mom had to come and get me out. After that i was looking for that clown. I was planning on knocking the pudding out of it and taking its nose.

I know that feel bro