You Lie In April

Hey, happy new year! So I have come to a dilemma. So, You Lie In April is on Netflix and I don't know if I want to watch it or not. I mean, I've seen the first episode and have not found the others yet so that's nice. But I know that it is a really depressing anime, especially towards the end. What should I do?
(Dec. 31, 2018  1:33 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hey, happy new year! So I have come to a dilemma. So, You Lie In April is on Netflix and I don't know if I want to watch it or not. I mean, I've seen the first episode and have not found the others yet so that's nice. But I know that it is a really depressing anime, especially towards the end. What should I do?

I know nothing about it but the only depressing show I watch is A Series of Unfortunate Events, and I wouldn’t want to watch You Lie in April.
(Dec. 31, 2018  1:33 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hey, happy new year! So I have come to a dilemma. So, You Lie In April is on Netflix and I don't know if I want to watch it or not. I mean, I've seen the first episode and have not found the others yet so that's nice. But I know that it is a really depressing anime, especially towards the end. What should I do?

Depends if you are willing to handle it, and if you are pretty interested from what you have heard/seen. If you have a good opinion on it (based on the first episode), then go for it! 

While it is really depressing towards the end, make sure you are “in the mood.” If you are a-okay with depressing atmospheres, then its fine. Some people may not be able to handle depressing content due to emotional reasons (But, all in all, if youre willing, then go for it)
You do realize that the blonde girl dies in surgery, right? I only saw the first episode so I don't remember their names but yeah. I mean it seemed like a really awesome slice of life/romance anime but when I heard that she kind of died then that sort of changed my perspective of things and if I watch it, it seems like everything will go downhill from there XD

And I might cry but for some reason I'm still kind of interested in it
(Dec. 31, 2018  1:56 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: You do realize that the blonde girl dies in surgery, right? I only saw the first episode so I don't remember their names but yeah. I mean it seemed like a really awesome slice of life/romance anime but when I heard that she kind of died then that sort of changed my perspective of things and if I watch it, it seems like everything will go downhill from there XD

And I might cry but for some reason I'm still kind of interested in it

Ye, Ive watched a couple episodes with my friend once. She told me thats things are bound to be even more depressing (although, I cant 100% believe her. Oof)
Imo it's not that depressing, sure it's not cheerful as such but it's nothing bad enough to not watch it unless you're really sensitive
I've just finished Your Lie In April. Now I have to make a fan fiction on watt pad to change the story so Kowri will live lol.
Anyone wants Clannad:After Story vs Your Lie in april.

That single death in Clannad got me extremely depressed. Your lie in april was going with the unfortunate flow...
(Jun. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Anyone wants  Clannad:After Story vs Your Lie in april.

That single death in Clannad got me extremely depressed. Your lie in april was going with the unfortunate flow...
I am in. For me both of them are equal. Clannad was just too good to skip, Ushio's death had me crying like a baby. The way Tomoya was holding her hand, the way she fell and died with a smile on her face because she was on a train(not really) and then Tomoya dies because of the trauma. And to top it all up, we go back in time to see how Nagisa's and Tomoya's life could have been if Nagisa lived. 
To wonder this all happened because of a prank Tomoya did is just wonderful. 
Now, Your Lie In April, just watched it this summer! The story of Kaori is remarkable, the way she keeps her lie until the very end was a great story. The relation between her and Kosei was good too. The last episode when Kosei got Kaori's letter and later he frames the picture he got was the best part of the series. The way the story was narrated was good too. In the end, if I were to choose, it would be Your Lie On April with a very close margin. Just becuase I felt it was more grounded than Clannad.
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:22 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: I've just finished Your Lie In April. Now I have to make a fan fiction on watt pad to change the story so Kowri will live lol.

I haven't watched it, but doesn't that ruin the whole point? There's probably all sorts of character and plot development and stuff, and that would throw it all down the drain.
(Jun. 25, 2019  5:21 AM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Anyone wants  Clannad:After Story vs Your Lie in april.

I am in. For me both of them are equal. Clannad was just too good to skip, Ushio's death had me crying like a baby. The way Tomoya was holding her hand, the way she fell and died with a smile on her face because she was on a train(not really) and then Tomoya dies because of the trauma. And to top it all up, we go back in time to see how Nagisa's and Tomoya's life could have been if Nagisa lived. 
Now, Your Lie In April, just watched it this summer! The story of Kaori is remarkable, the way she keeps her lie until the very end was a great story. The relation between her and Kosei was good too. The last episode when Kosei got Kaori's letter and later he frames the picture he got was the best part of the series. The way the story was narrated was good too. In the end, if I were to choose, it would be Your Lie On April with a very close margin. Just becuase I felt it was more grounded than Clannad.

I couldn't watch Clannad after Nagisa's Death. I won't lie on that, I was soo damn depressed over that.

(Jun. 25, 2019  5:24 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  2:22 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: I've just finished Your Lie In April. Now I have to make a fan fiction on watt pad to change the story so Kowri will live lol.

I haven't watched it, but doesn't that ruin the whole point? There's probably all sorts of character and plot development and stuff, and that would throw it all down the drain.

I would also like to give the viewers a handkerchief warning. These two and Nana, are emotional roller coasters.
(Jun. 25, 2019  8:56 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  5:21 AM)Suhasini Wrote: I am in. For me both of them are equal. Clannad was just too good to skip, Ushio's death had me crying like a baby. The way Tomoya was holding her hand, the way she fell and died with a smile on her face because she was on a train(not really) and then Tomoya dies because of the trauma. And to top it all up, we go back in time to see how Nagisa's and Tomoya's life could have been if Nagisa lived. 

I couldn't watch Clannad after Nagisa's Death. I won't lie on that, I was soo damn depressed over that.
Finish it! I don't know if you have heard spoilers, and I don't want to spoil it for you, but finish it! It has a really good ending!
(Jun. 25, 2019  5:24 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:

You DO realize you're saying this to a biased anime boi right? But I see what you're saying. Maybe instead of a fanfic about if kowri lived, how about kousei''s life after kowri''s death... actually that might be even more depressing XD
(Jun. 25, 2019  7:41 PM)boigamer25 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  5:24 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: I haven't watched it, but doesn't that ruin the whole point? There's probably all sorts of character and plot development and stuff, and that would throw it all down the drain.

You DO realize you're saying this to a biased anime boi right? But I see what you're saying. Maybe instead of a fanfic about if kowri lived, how about kousei''s life after kowri''s death... actually that might be even more depressing XD

All I know about the series is that there is a guy and a girl, and I'm pretty sure one of or both die. I also know lots of depressing stuff and character development happens.
(Jun. 25, 2019  8:12 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2019  7:41 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: You DO realize you're saying this to a biased anime boi right? But I see what you're saying. Maybe instead of a fanfic about if kowri lived, how about kousei''s life after kowri''s death... actually that might be even more depressing XD

All I know about the series is that there is a guy and a girl, and I'm pretty sure one of or both die. I also know lots of depressing stuff and character development happens.

Boy plays piano and girl plays violin. The depressing stuff kind of is at the end