Yahoo! Japan Auctions Topic

(Dec. 24, 2011  2:11 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Gasp
That guy certainly doesn't know what he has been doing!
C'mon, MSUV isn't THAT great... Tired

Coming from the guy who destroyed his lol. No offense.

It ended at 20,001 yen, what is that I don't even.
Not entirely insane, NIB MSUV's are only going to get rarer.
Still a fair bit more than anyone should be willing to pay at this point, though.
Normally they go around 100 USD, sometimes 120 if people are really determined. 20,000 Yen is way overpriced. The max for a NIB would be half that much.
Wouldn't be surprised if they got there one day, though. Rubber wears, NIB's are opened, no more are produced. Unless there's a secret untapped supply of them somewhere, the price is only going to go up. To be honest, were I into HMS, I'd just not be using MSUV's any more, just because they are slowly passing entirely into the realm of "collector's item", instead of "great competitive track and stuff".

Still, yes, that is too much.
Um no way is a NIB MA-01 MSUV gonna go for $100. It's like the rarest HMS by far I only tying with Shining God. The White version is definitely the rarest colour of MSUV.
(Dec. 28, 2011  2:39 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Um no way is a NIB MA-01 MSUV gonna go for $100. It's like the rarest HMS by far I only tying with Shining God. The White version is definitely the rarest colour of MSUV.

and u saying that makes me question and be scared of my hunt for them Confused
lol jkjk

but yea that is rediculusly high imo, (maybe in a few years ill be sayin thats low, thats pretty scary)

Don't bother. Fulfilling my nostalgia was not worth the amount I spent on it.
(Dec. 28, 2011  3:02 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Don't bother. Fulfilling my nostalgia was not worth the amount I spent on it.

i dont regret buying any of them up to this point so i hope that continues

im still gonna go after them but i will NOT spend that much

Their rarity is really unfortunate considering they were an integral part of HMS play.. The fact that HMS are so prone to breakage and only getting rarer makes me question the worth of any tournaments based around them.

Wolborg MS doesn't even really seem to be all that common anymore from what I see on google.. Without Bearing Cores being available to new players it just seems pointless to continue the vintage gameplay.

Wolborg MS is quite hard to find now. You're the only one selling it atm as far as I can remember.
So bearing cores are no longer common, bearing core 2 is uncommon and pointless due to the scarcity of attack parts. Basically you're left with stuff like advanced survivor and attacker, which I suppose could balance the game if metal change core wasn't around.

It's really disappointing, but the only format I would recommend to anyone is MFB.
They're around, though, they do appear at tournaments still, in the hands of more experienced users and collectors.

Plastics can still be competitive in some places. Part of the reason I'm growing my collection so large is to be able to lend out good combo's at my tournaments, even if it isn't really the same.
There's two huge problems with relying on people like me with older collections.. The tournament is either completely dominated by us or it just becomes an exhibition of what hms used to be like.

The main issue with using hms for any reason is they break and you can't replace them like the old days without giving up a car payment. They're close to being exclusively for collectors.

I don't know the situations with plastics though.. Their production went on far longer than HMS.
True, and that's kind of what both format's tourneys have become. Some plastics are still readily available, and plastics doesn't really have any MSUV's, at least, not to that extent, and a lot of places can field a few people with their own good collections, and a few very solid lent beys. Obviously, when playing a "dead" hobby, this is unavoidable.

Wolborg MS isn't as rare as you guys are making it out to be, there is still some trade volume in them, but they are quite rare.

I'd personally advise people to stock up on RF's, CS's, R2F's and such before MFB ends, by the way.

This probably isn't the thread for this discussion though... Organised Play random thoughts might be better, I guess.
(Dec. 28, 2011  5:05 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Wolborg MS is quite hard to find now. You're the only one selling it atm as far as I can remember.

I've picked up 6 of them in the past 3 months. Some were expensive (ice blue) but some of the used ones were only $25 or so.

Based on that I'd say that the parts are still accessible.
Where exactly? I don't remember seeing that many.
Synesthesia Wrote:There's two huge problems with relying on people like me with older collections.. The tournament is either completely dominated by us or it just becomes an exhibition of what hms used to be like.

The main issue with using hms for any reason is they break and you can't replace them like the old days without giving up a car payment. They're close to being exclusively for collectors.

I don't know the situations with plastics though.. Their production went on far longer than HMS.

Absolutely agreed. I remember being really reluctant with participating in the HMS portion of the Remembrance Day event, because of the fragility and rarity of a lot of HMS parts.

I think that it's a lot easier to be competitive with Plastics, because competitive parts are still relatively obtainable and cheap.
(Dec. 28, 2011  5:57 PM)♥ Wrote: Absolutely agreed. I remember being really reluctant with participating in the HMS portion of the Remembrance Day event, because of the fragility and rarity of a lot of HMS parts.

I think that it's a lot easier to be competitive with Plastics, because competitive parts are still relatively obtainable and cheap.

And to make this clear: HMS will break.. The RC tabs were a ridiculously stupid implementation and I honestly don't see why Takara didn't try to make the same product with atleast more durable material. Brad mentioned that the community became accustomed to the fragility of beys, but it really was a terrible way for Takara to go about doing things, and other companies wouldn't stand for that.

MFB was a great step in the right direction with the durability of the beys themselves, but they seriously need to try harder with the launchers..

(Dec. 28, 2011  5:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: I'd personally advise people to stock up on RF's, CS's, R2F's and such before MFB ends, by the way.

This probably isn't the thread for this discussion though... Organised Play random thoughts might be better, I guess.

I really do think there should be a huge WBO stockpile of parts sitting in a warehouse or something (if he actually had that kind of budget). It's gonna be lame seeing history repeat itself.

Do you have a link to the thread because this is a great discussion, but definitely not suited for this particular thread.

Arupaeo: Me, Brad, and Kei were able to buy large stockpiles of WBMS off YJA - I doubt that's the case anymore.. $25 for a used WBMS is fair now, but it's not optimal in the least.
(Dec. 28, 2011  5:23 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: There's two huge problems with relying on people like me with older collections.. The tournament is either completely dominated by us or it just becomes an exhibition of what hms used to be like.

for the unofficial tournament in hong kong
there where abt 1/4 of the gang playing plastics and hms
juz like me and Dio
luckily we didn't break any of the HMS though
my blue bearing core got a crack.../-\
it's still fine playing wif hms now
coz we dun reli play that much. yet,
through my exp of getting cracks
I must reconsider if I should shift my combo to earring core 2

ah for that wolborg issue
I dunno why ppl spend that much on it
3500yen for an original Color one is a joke
it's like $70 wif the shipping fee included
but still sb buys it several times
it's pretty ridiculous.

if u r in hong kong, u could simply use that $70
and buy 5 NIB wolborg in earl times like last yr.
even $8-10 for a mint/used one.
Mmmm, at Synesthesia's request, and because I also think we should move discussion there, let's move the discussion here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Orga...m-Thoughts

Smile
I'd buy 5 NIB WBMS for $70.00 if I could find that kind of deal somewhere.. That comes out to about $14.00 each, which is an astounding deal and optimal for people wanting to use the best combos.

Main problem is many of us don't have access to hong kong Tongue_out

Also, bearing Core 2 breaks just like Bearing Core.. I don't think it's anymore durable. The tabs are the thing that usually goes..
That was what happened with mine. A few months ago NIB Wolborg MS were available for 2500 yen but now there's never any now.
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k143229076
great collectors item (red dragoon v2)

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au...p273856849
DANG...NIB DRAGOON GT Grin

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e117651154
NIB driger v2, good price (for now)
(Dec. 29, 2011  3:17 AM)roux Wrote: it's not cheap but I still bought it =_=
http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k118244228

its still kinda cool Smile nice buy roux
$13usd (roughly), isnt that bad,
hey i have that GT sticker sheet Tongue_out