Xeno Xcalibur Discussion

(Jan. 20, 2017  1:23 AM)ClubAmador2012 Wrote: Wow. I didn't know the Impact Driver is that bad xD I wanna get my Xeno Xcalibur M.I ASAP so I can test it myself. The impact driver, to me, looks kinda like an R2F Tip. If Takara Tomy gave Xeno Xcalibur a plain R2F Driver, maybe it would get good results. But I guess Takara Tomy wants to make more gimmicks with the drivers. Tongue_out

The problem with Impact, like many pinted out, is that the rubber doesn't make almost any contact, so it beheaves like a plastic tip more than rubber, when you have it you will know that for sure. It's a shame I really like the concept too

(Jan. 20, 2017  2:04 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: Nothing formal yet but have been playing around with X2QC. It seems quarter compliments the poor balance of Xeno Xcalibur. When launched on the claw driver you get an erratic movement but in the centre of the stadium and a much needed stamina boost over rubber drivers like impact or Xtreme. I've been able to get X2QC to burst stock G2 and in a few test battles against D2HR it even managed a handful of bursts which was surprising.

Do you have Trans to test with Quarter? If X2 would be useful with Q, I think it may be better to use T's versatility
(Jan. 20, 2017  2:04 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I've been able to get X2QC to burst stock G2 and in a few test battles against D2HR it even managed a handful of bursts which was surprising.
Wouldn't exactly call it "surprising" as the Revolve driver performs poorly against attack types. Sure, it's a bit less likely to scrap the stadium floor in normal situations, but it often gets pushed away too easily and suffers a latency when returning to the center, or simply cannot evade most attacks. X2, on the other hand, should be quite good at bursting. D2 being bursted isn't a huge surprise really since I did the same with SKX, and Spriggan is known to be a layer that is insanely prone to self-burst. Even my W2 bursted D2 as well.
Does Q weaken the impact of the sword on the Bey's design? Even if it doesn't, maybe something like Triple could work as good/better for an attack wheel. Triple is unbalanced with only one of the three notches being actually filled in.
(Jan. 20, 2017  3:43 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Wouldn't exactly call it "surprising" as the Revolve driver performs poorly against attack types. Sure, it's a bit less likely to scrap the stadium floor in normal situations, but it often gets pushed away too easily and suffers a latency when returning to the center, or simply cannot evade most attacks. X2, on the other hand, should be quite good at bursting. D2 being bursted isn't a huge surprise really since I did the same with SKX, and Spriggan is known to be a layer that is insanely prone to self-burst. Even my W2 bursted D2 as well.

you sure your teeths of D2 are in good condition? D2 is actually known to be very hard to KO and Burst by many. Because W2 bursting D2 just doesn't sound ok as W2 should almost always lose to D2 due to it's poor teeths
(Jan. 28, 2017  9:12 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: you sure your teeths of D2 are in good condition? D2 is actually known to be very hard to KO and Burst by many. Because W2 bursting D2 just doesn't sound ok as W2 should almost always lose to D2 due to it's poor teeths

I'm pretty sure that's the case. You're right on D2 is difficult to burst, but it is not an impossible feat. X2 can sometimes manage to burst D2. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm not even saying it's consistent, but it is nonetheless possible. As for knockouts, I could use W2FX and score some wins against things like D2GO. W2 is notorious for double bursting, but it's also the reason why I chose W2. I have the upper hand as long as I manage to double burst and re-calibrate my launch angle or strength depending on the situation. As a result, W2 scores by delivering knockouts most of the time. D2GO, on the other hand, can only win by waiting long enough for W2FX to slow down and finally burst it (which will be easily avoided with a precise launch angle and strong launches, with the latter leading to either a KO win for W2 or a double burst) or score a spin-finish.
(Jan. 20, 2017  2:16 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: The problem with Impact, like many pinted out, is that the rubber doesn't make almost any contact, so it beheaves like a plastic tip more than rubber, when you have it you will know that for sure. It's a shame I really like the concept too.

Ok, thanks for the info! Grin When I get it, I'll see it's performance for myself. I also like the new concept. Takara Tomy should focus more on the Driver's performance rather than the really, cool design.
(Jan. 20, 2017  4:58 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Does Q weaken the impact of the sword on the Bey's design?  Even if it doesn't, maybe something like Triple could work as good/better for an attack wheel.  Triple is unbalanced with only one of the three notches being actually filled in.
I've tried X2FQ, and has so far got great results. It can easily destabilize the opposing bey which completely wrecks Claw combos, and has a good burst potential. However, it can be bursted just as easily due to X2's unique shape. It's essentially a gamble when using X2.
Has anyone else used a jeweler screwdriver to keep it tight? I think it might be adding some lifespan to the layer and keep pieces from breaking. I've heard the horror stories of parts breaking. My son plays it constantly but so far no breakage. Also using the Xtreme as well.
(Feb. 27, 2017  5:38 PM)Aazen Wrote: Has anyone else used a jeweler screwdriver to keep it tight?  I think it might be adding some lifespan to the layer and keep pieces from breaking. I've heard the horror stories of parts breaking. My son plays it constantly but so far no breakage. Also using the Xtreme as well.

That sounds like modifying the way a part was meant to be, which is unfortunately illegal.
Sorry. I don't think I'm being clear. When I say break, I meant like the sword or edges snapping off. It still Bursts like normal.
(Jan. 20, 2017  2:16 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: The problem with Impact, like many pinted out, is that the rubber doesn't make almost any contact, so it beheaves like a plastic tip more than rubber, when you have it you will know that for sure. It's a shame I really like the concept too

I wore mine down, so the rubber is completely flush with the plastic. It's almost twice as fast now Grin
[quote pid='1366104' dateline='1488401214']

I wore mine down, so the rubber is completely flush with the plastic. It's almost twice as fast now Grin
[/quote]

How's it work endurance wise?
(Mar. 01, 2017  9:46 PM)Homax Wrote: I wore mine down, so the rubber is completely flush with the plastic. It's almost twice as fast now Grin
How did u wear it naturally? Or is it illegal
Launching it on the floor hundreds of times seems pretty natural to me. No one can tell how it was worn anyway - tere is no difference in the final result, so I don't even see why that would matter as long as worn drivers are allowed.
Well, my nephew did the same with some beyblades (he didn't know it could worn his beyblades) and when I saw them it was pretty obvious he didn't launch it on a stadium, it usually leaves marks on the tip, if you think it, a weird behaviour and a funny feeling when you touch it is more than enough to know

Also, if I remember right, a part is illegal when is worn out, that being it doesn't behave has it should
(Mar. 02, 2017  11:40 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Also, if I remember right, a part is illegal when is worn out, that being it doesn't behave has it should
Then Variable would have an incredibly difficult time to get qualified.
By the way, anyone can help test X2IQ? Or else I'll get back to it after testing out L2GW on another thread.
(Mar. 02, 2017  11:40 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Well, my nephew did the same with some beyblades (he didn't know it could worn his beyblades) and when I saw them it was pretty obvious he didn't launch it on a stadium, it usually leaves marks on the tip, if you think it, a weird behaviour and a funny feeling when you touch it is more than enough to know

Also, if I remember right, a part is illegal when is worn out, that being it doesn't behave has it should

Kai-V said that a worn Impact would be allowed...

First of all, how can you expect someone to only ever launch their beyblades in stadiums? That'd be kind of boring. Also, by floor I didn't mean concrete or something else that's really rough. There are no marks on my driver that would be distinguishable from what a stadium does to the material. Aaaand how about someone who takes a file to wear the driver down and then launches it a lot of times into a stadium, so the stadium wears it a little more and makes it look like it's from just the stadium? It just doesn't make a difference - the material has been taken off and no matter how, the result is the same, so why would you even want to differentiate between "natural" and "unnatural" (if you can even call it that), if they both won't do anything differently in a battle?

It's just Beyblades after all, so we shouldn't be nitpicking.
(Mar. 02, 2017  11:47 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Then Variable would have an incredibly difficult time to get qualified.
By the way, anyone can help test X2IQ? Or else I'll get back to it after testing out L2GW on another thread.

Variable is meant to be that way

(Mar. 02, 2017  12:15 PM)Homax Wrote:  

First of all, how can you expect someone to only ever launch their beyblades in stadiums? That'd be kind of boring. Also, by floor I didn't mean concrete or something else that's really rough. There are no marks on my driver that would be distinguishable from what a stadium does to the material. Aaaand how about someone who takes a file to wear the driver down and then launches it a lot of times into a stadium, so the stadium wears it a little more and makes it look like it's from just the stadium? It just doesn't make a difference - the material has been taken off and no matter how, the result is the same, so why would you even want to differentiate between "natural" and "unnatural" (if you can even call it that), if they both won't do anything differently in a battle?

Well, sorry to differ, but for me an "unnatural" way of "wearing down" a tip is sanding it, which is not the same, if that's legal, well, I have nothing to argue
(Mar. 02, 2017  1:27 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Variable is meant to be that way

Well, sorry to differ,  but for me an "unnatural" way of "wearing down" a tip is sanding it, which is not the same, if that's legal, well, I have nothing to argue

I guess sanding parts down isn't officially allowed for tournaments, but if you can't tell the difference between a sanded and a "naturally" worn part, there's no way you can ban those parts except by banning worn parts alltogether. If it's obvious that something has been sanded... well, that's another story.

In the case of X2 - I don't think the worn Impact is going to give any op advantages, but maybe it at least makes the driver usable. And that would be a good thing and make the game more fun, wouldn't it? I'll test it when I finally have my B-33 Stadium.
Edit:- sorry for double post. Did by mistake
(Mar. 02, 2017  12:15 PM)Homax Wrote:  
She must be taking about worn to a legal condition. If part is worn to a condition which make it perform completely differently, it's illegal whether it's done naturally by using alot or sanding

Quote:First of all, how can you expect someone to only ever launch their beyblades in stadiums? That'd be kind of boring. Also, by floor I didn't mean concrete or something else that's really rough. There are no marks on my driver that would be distinguishable from what a stadium does to the material.

Well that's how beyblade is played? Playing just in stadium may not be as fun but if you ever went any WBO event or played with friends it's much more fun then anything you can do on floor alone

Quote: Aaaand how about someone who takes a file to wear the driver down and then launches it a lot of times into a stadium, so the stadium wears it a little more and makes it look like it's from just the stadium? It just doesn't make a difference - the material has been taken off and no matter how, the result is the same, so why would you even want to differentiate between "natural" and "unnatural" (if you can even call it that), if they both won't do anything differently in a battle?

A very worn part or to a condition it performs differently is still illegal no matter how it was done naturally or intentionally + if your are experienced, you can tell how it was worn as if tip is used alot in stadium it becomes rounded and if done with file or on floor it stays flat.
[/quote]
Yes exactly, everytime I answer that question, I always mention that the wearing must have happened naturally, from just playing Beyblade with it you know... And there is indeed a limit to how worn it can be, if the part behaves entirely differently, for instance a flat tip being so rounded that it acts like a rubber ball tip instead.
(Mar. 02, 2017  1:27 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Variable is meant to be that way

Not exactly. Between the "awakened" form and the mint one, there must be a process of "sanding" or at least frequent usage for it to transform, and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to perform like an irregular tip. I had to carefully turn the rubber on the inner ring clockwise to make sure every single rubber spike gets maximum exposure and wear down equally.
(Mar. 02, 2017  11:48 PM)Bastillon Wrote: Not exactly. Between the "awakened" form and the mint one, there must be a process of "sanding" or at least frequent usage for it to transform, and I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to perform like an irregular tip. I had to carefully turn the rubber on the inner ring clockwise to make sure every single rubber spike gets maximum exposure and wear down equally.

If you see in anime, ever since Valt turned Valkyrie in Awaken mode, it kept on hearing and there are almost no teeth's on it right now. It's all meant to be worn naturally and no sanding is involved. I think actually plan of Takara Tomy was to give players a new tip with decently fast speed to KO Stamina and Defence types but as he/she kept using it, it will get faster and player's control will also get better and what he/she will get is a faster and more powerful bey that they can control well. Like as much they practice with there friends, stronger and faster it will be

No offence but that "turning rubber" is illegal too
I still like my worn down Impact more. <3