Xcustoms

Poll: What do you think about my spinning top game?

It's awesome! I love it!
42.34%
It's nice. I look forward to more information.
27.42%
It's ok... Just needs some improvements
15.32%
It's not very good. Needs a lot of improvements.
3.63%
It's pretty bad. It's too similar to other spinning top games and it will have no future in my opinion.
4.44%
It totally sucks! I hate it! This is a total waste of time!
6.85%
Total: 100% 248 vote(s)
(Jul. 05, 2010  4:01 AM)beybladeheart Wrote: Probably, may I ask you a question kai-v. If he did tell you how to make one, and Xcustoms got really big. Would you build your own.
Hm, no, I have other things to do, hah. I like to create other things. This is relatively off-topic though ...
Yes I know I was just about to say back to the topic. Anyway I think this will do very well.
the game looks awesome
what's the stadium made of? anyway it looks and sounds epicly awesome
how about some kind of gun launcher?
(Jul. 08, 2010  3:17 AM)ecllippse Wrote: what's the stadium made of? anyway it looks and sounds epicly awesome

It's made out of plastic and cardboard. Smile

Updated!:

-More rules:

-Techniques updated!

Sorry but this week I was kind of busy and I'm working on the face contest, so until I finish that design there will be no time for Xcustoms.

Thanks everyone! Grin

EDIT: I finally had an idea for a new kind of launcher! I'm going to build it and test it ASAP! Grin
the shark one was very good looking,nice work
Surprise Update!

- "Systems" has been added!
- System 2 is now under development!

Thanks! Grin
for a launcher idea... you may build something like a gun with a EG-like system for the rotation system... you must load the EG system before launching with a button something like that... my idea most be developped...

and you can updated the power of this launcher for a new release (More powerfull spin)
(Jul. 13, 2010  9:25 PM)loyd87 Wrote: for a launcher idea... you may build something like a gun with a EG-like system for the rotation system... you must load the EG system before launching with a button something like that... my idea most be developped...

Sorry, but I already have a launcher idea. Smile

Thanks anyway. Grin
i know you have a launcher idea, but why dont you try those hot wheel track wheels that make the car go fast
Late Weekly Update (Sorry I forgot to update because of the downtime)

-Salamander's and Shark's names have changed
-Shark's tip and lock ring have changed
-Added "Finished Xcustoms"
-Added "Under Construction/Development"

Edit: - Slash technique tests.

Edit 2: I have no idea how, but the central plastic part on the Small Octagon Battlefield just cracked.
I might have to build a new battlefield. Plus the Small Octagon Battlefield gives too much of an advantage to Resistance types (A.K.A. Defense), so it makes knockouts pretty hard.

-Shark's new parts are now pictured in the main post.

Thanks!
thanks for the update! looks really cool!
i think i like the old shark better
I'm a big fan of your idea, although perhaps I could make a suggestion:
For the top "wheel" perhaps you should give them a more 3 dimensional design, so you can create more variation between different "wheels", while also making them more aesthetically pleasing.
(Jul. 22, 2010  3:39 AM)Mintmo Wrote: thanks for the update! looks really cool!
i think i like the old shark better

Thanks! Smile
Unfortunately, there were problems with the old tip and lock ring, so I had to replace them with other parts.

(Jul. 22, 2010  1:12 PM)momiji manju Wrote: I'm a big fan of your idea, although perhaps I could make a suggestion:
For the top "wheel" perhaps you should give them a more 3 dimensional design, so you can create more variation between different "wheels", while also making them more aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for your suggestion. Smile

It's one of the things I've been trying to do actually, but it's really hard and requires a lot of work and time.

Guys if you have any ideas or suggestions please post them. Any suggestions, ideas and feedback are welcome! Smile

Edit: Salamander is the Wolborg MS of Xcustoms. lol
I see, good luck. I understand that creating it would be very hard.
Weekly Update! (late once again, I'm sorry):

-Salamander's tip has been improved + pics!

-Organized everything in spoilers for easy access!

I don't know if there will be a weekly update next week... I've been kind of busy.

Thanks everyone!
Post a vid. Also when d you think you'll be able to tell us how to make them.
LOL, this is his idea for a game. I don't think you will be able to make one unless you have some power tools handy. Also, if this is his game why would he tell you how to make your own...?
(Jul. 28, 2010  5:57 AM)momiji manju Wrote: LOL, this is his idea for a game. I don't think you will be able to make one unless you have some power tools handy. Also, if this is his game why would he tell you how to make your own...?

Exactly.
Thanks momiji. Smile

As for the video, beybladeheart, I will make it when I can. I know I promised it a long time ago but I haven't had the time to do it.

Please be patient
Update: (Sorry for the double post)

- Main Post will no longer be updated weekly
As from now I will be making smaller updates and these can be daily, weekly, etc... There is no established date for them now.

- Top Tier Combos added!

- Dust Beetle C HL SD is almost finished (Every part is done except Beetle which is the lock ring)

Thanks everyone!
hey man thats cool
Hey guys, I have great news for you!

CONTEST!

Design an Xcustom!
You must design at least 1 Xcustom (you can create a new system if you want) and optionally you can design other parts such as accessories, grips, launchers, etc...

The rules:

*Everyone can enter! (Except me of course)
*You must post your entry before 11:59 PM UTC Friday August 27th. Any entries after that will be disqualified!
*Your design must contain at least 1 Xcustom. You can also design extra stuff related to Xcustoms for extra points (all in the same design of course)!
*Be original and put effort in your entry!
*You can only post one entry!
*You need to explain your design!
*Post your entries in this thread!
*You can't post drafts of your design and you can't ask here for feedback on them!

There will be only one winner, but there will be prizes for the 2 best designs!

The prizes:

1st place:
*1 Xcustom based on your design!
*1 XLauncher
*A chance of being in the Xcustoms team!

2nd place:
*A chance of being in the Xcustoms team!

Have fun and make me proud! Grin

If you have any questions, please post them here!

Note: I may reconsider some things if there aren't enough entries.
I would enter a double/triple bearing tipped X Custom with a pefectly circle Lock Ring/that Other Part, with tremendous outside weight for the flywheel effect, but I'd lose because it's not very original.