Xcustoms

Poll: What do you think about my spinning top game?

It's awesome! I love it!
42.34%
It's nice. I look forward to more information.
27.42%
It's ok... Just needs some improvements
15.32%
It's not very good. Needs a lot of improvements.
3.63%
It's pretty bad. It's too similar to other spinning top games and it will have no future in my opinion.
4.44%
It totally sucks! I hate it! This is a total waste of time!
6.85%
Total: 100% 248 vote(s)
u could use a small magnet in the tops and a electric launcher like battle strikers or use a bunch of small gears up against little gears and make a type of little box thingy that u could run your hand down the side of the thingy on a wheel that would in turn turn the gears and launch the top...or u could use the rip cord launcher lol.
and the thingy will then do that thingy so the thingy will thingy.

Nice suggestion, especially after he said he wanted a system that was different from both beyblades and battle strikers.
Surprise Update!

Salamander's and Shark's attributes have been added.
Weekly update is tomorrow. (Saturday)

Thanks and stay tuned! Smile
you could just use the lego racers motor
Looking good Nuno. Keep up the good work!
(Jun. 26, 2010  7:47 PM)tenzeku123 Wrote: you could just use the lego racers motor

lol no, especially when so far all of the parts are hand machined.
That would barely even spin it anyway : /
MAJOR UPDATE!

Added:

-Types;
-Battling Rules (Just a small description so far, will update in the future);
-Point Award System;
-Minor updates on other stuff.

Thanks! Grin
Wow,it looks very nice!!
How about making video to test them?
Maybe you can test them also with hms ,plastic and hws.
I do have a suggestion for launching but it's probably way to dangerous and it DOES involve a motor.. My dad once sent a little screw spinning on a flat piece of aluminum for like a good 6 minutes by accidentally touching it with the grinder. You could attempt to use a big electric grinding machine.
I'm not so sure about awarding points for draws, but I am glad to see this is coming together so nicely. Keep up the good work.
when are you going to post a picture of the launcher?
(Jun. 30, 2010  12:50 AM)beyblades 2010 Wrote: when are you going to post a picture of the launcher?

(Jun. 24, 2010  8:04 PM)Nuno Wrote: After months of thinking, searching, testing and etc... , I still haven't found a different way to launch these. I am currently using beyblade-like launchers (using ripcords) and I want to get past that. I also don't want to make anything similar to MFB beylaunchers or motorized launchers like Battle Strikers.

I really need some help on this one. If one of you guys can create a new way to make them spin I will be forever grateful! This is the only thing that is ruining my project.
looks cool, but maybe a little too similar to beyblade you know, from like patent and copyright standpoints.
(Jun. 30, 2010  3:16 AM)genbbladelovr Wrote: looks cool, but maybe a little too similar to beyblade you know, from like patent and copyright standpoints.

Did he POST anywhere that he is submitting a patent and establishing a copyright for this?
I have a launcher idea, however it's pretty rough/impractical. Perhaps you could insert it into a small cartridge/space, and have two opposite sides running like a treadmill to spin the spinning top? The problem would be the release though.
(Jun. 30, 2010  3:16 AM)genbbladelovr Wrote: looks cool, but maybe a little too similar to beyblade you know, from like patent and copyright standpoints.

yeah man, takara tomy has copyrighted ANYTHING THAT SPINS
yeah, the creator of the motor was FIRST A BEYBLADER >: D
Updated:

-Added some more rules;
-Added the techniques category.

Thanks guys! For both the support and the ideas Smile
could you tell us how you made them. So other people could make there own and we could have a whole Xcustoms tourney.
(Jul. 05, 2010  3:43 AM)beybladeheart Wrote: could you tell us how you made them. So other people could make there own and we could have a whole Xcustoms tourney.

(Jun. 20, 2010  9:08 PM)Nuno Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2010  8:59 PM)NateKilgore Wrote: how do you build it and what do you need to make it?

Sorry, I can't answer that question yet.
Sorry, I can't answer that question yet.
[/quote]
That was on the 20th It's been a 2 weeks since then. He may be ready to tell us. No offense intended.
(Jul. 05, 2010  3:46 AM)beybladeheart Wrote: That was on the 20th It's been a 2 weeks since then. He may be ready to tell us. No offense intended.
I think he would have given that information if he judged that he could. To me, it seems he wants to keep this for one of the bigger updates.
Probably, may I ask you a question kai-v. If he did tell you how to make one, and Xcustoms got really big. Would you build your own.