Xcustoms

Poll: What do you think about my spinning top game?

It's awesome! I love it!
42.34%
It's nice. I look forward to more information.
27.42%
It's ok... Just needs some improvements
15.32%
It's not very good. Needs a lot of improvements.
3.63%
It's pretty bad. It's too similar to other spinning top games and it will have no future in my opinion.
4.44%
It totally sucks! I hate it! This is a total waste of time!
6.85%
Total: 100% 248 vote(s)
looks awsome cant wait 4 it
(Jun. 20, 2010  8:59 PM)NateKilgore Wrote: how do you build it and what do you need to make it?

Sorry, I can't answer that question yet.
mind me asking why
(Jun. 19, 2010  3:39 PM)REtread Wrote: Reminds me of that video with the Brazilian kids using ghetto home made beyblades and launchers made out of CD's.

Hah, I saw that
Updated!

Photos of Heat Salamander W BH S (Wide) (Bearing High) (Sharp), Rain Shark W LL F (Wide) (Lock Low) (Flat) and Small Octagon Battlefield (50% complete).

Thanks guys! Grin
could you post a pic of the launchers
(Jun. 20, 2010  11:50 PM)Neyblader007 Wrote: could you post a pic of the launchers

Next saturday in the weekly update. Please be patient. Smile
(Jun. 21, 2010  12:04 AM)Nuno Wrote: Next saturday in the weekly update. Please be patient. Smile

I'm looking forward to the next update.
BTW, will there be any Battlefield Walls to stop the top from flying away too easily?
A fun little project..
Altough, you would get sued if you tried to sell these.

Good luck with the game!
Something was bothering me about Water Shark and it came to me as I was pouring my cereal this morning. You are probably having problems with it already, but figured I should say something anyway. It's gonna be too heavy with all that metal to use the speed from a flat rubber tip. If you used something like wood and kept some metal it would probably FLY.

What kind of bearing are you using in your Salamander? NSK Shield are the best (less friction).
(Jun. 21, 2010  2:21 PM)Train Wrote: Something was bothering me about Water Shark and it came to me as I was pouring my cereal this morning. You are probably having problems with it already, but figured I should say something anyway. It's gonna be too heavy with all that metal to use the speed from a flat rubber tip. If you used something like wood and kept some metal it would probably FLY.

What kind of bearing are you using in your Salamander? NSK Shield are the best (less friction).

Actually it's not as heavy as you might think. Smile

Rain Shark W LL F : 32 grams
Heat Salamander W BH S : 34 grams

(forgot to put that in the first post, so updated.)

Salamander's bearing is shielded. Don't know if it's NSK though.
NSK is a brand I believe. Shield is a type and it's obviously superior to regular bearings.

Really? that light? What kind of metal are you using? Aluminum?
(Jun. 21, 2010  3:56 PM)Train Wrote: NSK is a brand I believe. Shield is a type and it's obviously superior to regular bearings.

Really? that light? What kind of metal are you using? Aluminum?

It's iron actually. But Xcustoms are really small. Posted a pic comparing them to Plastics and HMS.

I would make them out of diecast metal if I could, but I do not have that opportunity.
Iron can be dangerous, mainly because it sparks. One little spark in place filled with some kinds of gas or inflamable liquids can cause an explosion.
Wow man your tops have really come along way since the lego beys.
Medz yes they have. But lego beys stink
(Jun. 22, 2010  1:10 PM)beyblades 2010 Wrote: WOW that is realy small.

That is what she said...
Thanks for the info on the launcher, these look very good keep up the good work.
(Jun. 21, 2010  11:30 PM)NateKilgore Wrote: Medz yes they have. But lego beys stink

His lego beys were made from like 1 lego piece and the rest was metal.
i think that lego beyblades stink too nate ur not alone they r just kids wanting to beybattle but just dont have the money to buy em
(Jun. 23, 2010  3:06 AM)DarkWolf9408 Wrote: i think that lego beyblades stink too nate ur not alone they r just kids wanting to beybattle but just dont have the money to buy em

Nuno's Lego Beys uses Metal.
Also, Nuno has the money to buy real Blades, he is just trying to make a new game.
(Jun. 19, 2010  8:43 PM)Nuno Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2010  8:19 PM)Pockyx3 Wrote: *Clap,Clap,Clap*

Seems very nice and well thought out Smile
seems like beyblade HWS though, but there is differences.

Could you make two of them and post a video? Use a bey stadium or something.

Nice Work! Grin

I already have two finished ones and a third one in progress. AND I already have a Battlefiled (it's like a beystadium but a little different) ready for battles, although it's not 100% finished. Wink

I'll make a video next week once I finish everything up (everything in progress that is)

nice i wanrt to see the video.
After months of thinking, searching, testing and etc... , I still haven't found a different way to launch these. I am currently using beyblade-like launchers (using ripcords) and I want to get past that. I also don't want to make anything similar to MFB beylaunchers or motorized launchers like Battle Strikers.

I really need some help on this one. If one of you guys can create a new way to make them spin I will be forever grateful! This is the only thing that is ruining my project.
Why not just use the ripcord one? Make the inner part of the launcher better than beyblade launchers, a different style ripcord, etc?

Uhh why not a magnetic motor?