Writing Teams+3 Muskewriteers Thread

OK, so 2 more full teams to add to the OP. I'll get on it.

And what's this about PenPad forums? Did I miss something?
I was trying to decide whether teams would be the same on both sites or if we would hold a draft on PenPad.
Sparta, can you add me and Noodoosoup as solo teams? and what is PenPad?? sorry for being a noob, i don't hang around the writing thread much
Penpad is the writing forum that Temporal made, and that you should join.

Funny how nobody ever really recognizes me as a writer or GFXer. Whatever. I'll ride solo here too, unless we follow drafting on Penpad, where I'm with Noodoo and we need a member.
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:12 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Funny how nobody ever really recognizes me as a writer or GFXer.

I feel the exact same way. Maybe GFX, but not as often as DeX or BP or Xyo. Writing, most definitely. It's sort of irritating.
guys, I set up my writing team: Proteon Blade Writers, so if anyone wants to join, post on the thread or pm me, nice to know that so many people are interested in writing...
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:18 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2011  2:12 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Funny how nobody ever really recognizes me as a writer or GFXer.

I feel the exact same way. Maybe GFX, but not as often as DeX or BP or Xyo. Writing, most definitely. It's sort of irritating.
XD XD XD XD
Nah...You're better than me anyway.

Better =/= More recognized

I'm not saying I am better, but if I was, it wouldn't matter.
Well, for the mot part, the writers know who the good writers are. And why they're good. Like this:

BeybladerPotter: Good with grammar and spelling, in fact, I don't think I've had to critique her grammar.

Nwolf: Spins a story VERY well, to the point where even I have to turn around. Only issue is formatting, but that's what editing is for. And he's improving on that, too.

Sparta: Insane ideas, and he makes them WORK. Well-rounded, and does the little things right. If he has a fault, he doesn't use semi-colons. That's about it, but it results in a few comma-splices.

NooDoo:Again, does the little things. Her ideas are normally unorthodox, which loses the less...experienced(?) reader. Otherwise, great.

Me: Veritably insane. I don't consider myself an amazing writer, just a patient one. I edit very often. My fault? I'm stubborn. If I get an idea, you guys will HAVE to band together to tell me it's dumb, or else I'll just pound it until it works and lose a LOT of editing time. Humor comes easily, and I like to think that using a character's persona to manipulate a reader's feelings towards other characters is something I'm good at. Endgames, I'm not amazing at. Just adequate. (Also-only kid in my school who passed our English finals for this quarter. 100%, baby! AND I was taking an 11th grade exam. Me tooting my own horn a bit.)

TITAN: Outside of spelling, is not really eye-popping at much, but does everything well enough that it meshes into a vibrant, breathing story.

Everyone else: Haven't seen enough of your writing. Gimme a month.
Haha.
Looking through Temporals list, I went "Yup! He's right about him...and her...and him..."

It's pretty universally known what our strengths and weaknesses are (Semicolons? I'll work on that...). If that's the case, then shouldn't we team up with people whose style we don't know? Or does it not make a difference...

A workshop. Brilliant! We need a WORKSHOP. We get all of the good writers, make a team, and have a thread for helping people to get good at writing! They request a session, we work out a time where both the mentor and the person are online at once, and work on writing together through PM! They can ask for advice, character development, anything!
(Oct. 21, 2011  4:01 PM)Temporal Wrote: Nwolf: Spins a story VERY well, to the point where even I have to turn around. Only issue is formatting, but that's what editing is for. And he's improving on that, too.

I have no time for editing! also what do you mean about the turning around, as in saying the way I write the stories and ideas are good? i'm not good at stuff when it's firday during my half-term.
Whoa, dude. Just pointing it out. Not a knock on you at all. Also: Correct. I do mean that you are very good at creating a plot.
Lol. NoodooSoup is a girl.

Anyways, I posted my story on Penpad and the WBO (it's somewhere in here.). I'm also drafting Drifen, my one-shot.
(Oct. 21, 2011  4:01 PM)Temporal Wrote: Well, for the mot part, the writers know who the good writers are. And why they're good. Like this:

BeybladerPotter: Good with grammar and spelling, in fact, I don't think I've had to critique her grammar.
Ha! Why else would I get a 100% on an editing test? B)
(Oct. 21, 2011  8:52 PM)Temporal Wrote: Whoa, dude. Just pointing it out. Not a knock on you at all. Also: Correct. I do mean that you are very good at creating a plot.

lol I was kidding, forgot to add the sarcasm tags! also thanks, thats the one thing I always pride myself in.
Well, we know for a fact that I'm good at being a stubborn carp when it comes to edits and ideas. So...did I miss anything on everyone's writing profiles? (I may post some on PenPad for those I know, and edit them as time goes on.)
(Oct. 21, 2011  4:01 PM)Temporal Wrote: TITAN: Outside of spelling, is not really eye-popping at much, but does everything well enough that it meshes into a vibrant, breathing story.

Wuuut? I dunt anderstand? Eye dunt no wut "i popping" mens...
I'm saying that while you are not through the roof at everything, you do the little tings well enough that your stories come alive, in a sense.
true dat. also hardly anyones interested in my team, despite being one of the 3, me temporal and sparta, guess i'm not popular Unhappy how did everyone else get lots of applications?
Well known names. See, I joined a team, since (No offense) I trust Sparta more than most members on the WBO. Maybe if you popped into PenPad, you could do a bit of scouting? (My inner coach coming out. Dammit, Bears, why do you put me on this roller-coaster ride?) Also: Titan's like Christian Ponder. He got here, and made his mark instantly. It's just a matter of where his ceiling is.
And he makes it look more professional; no offense. Capital letters make a world of difference. Also, it's 'Temporal, Sparta, and I' not 'me temporal and sparta'.
Ponder's having a great game. Too bad Green Bay's still winning 33-27. Haha, Rodgers is just hard to beat.

@rydeatwon thanks for SPAMMING by! Come back soon.

Temporal +1-exactly what I was going to say.

@ND agreed. without caps on the wbo people can be harsh and think you're a n00b (even if you aren't)
I guess I could go solo unless people want to team up with me (bad idea). This should be interesting.