Writing Teams+3 Muskewriteers Thread

I myself think that 5 would be a better number, generally it would make it more challenging, but being around other writing styles improves your own, you learn errors in your stories, and more exciting structures. also the only person who will learn like that is SDC, because he hasn't worked with Temporal and Sparta like this before, however people like Sparta, Temporal and me are thick as thieves, so if there was another 2 spots more people could learn, and that is the most important thing here.
Writiing teams sound very interesting. I'd like to join one if anyone is making one and has open spots. It would be cool to get closer to other writers and learn more from them.
Well, if you'd like, you can join mine. You're a great writer, and it would also be a good way to get used to each other's writing styles.. I'll post a thread either way...
Wait, who was that addressed to? If to me, I politely decline your offer
(Oct. 14, 2011  7:33 AM)Nwolf Wrote: people like Sparta, Temporal and me are thick as thieves

Huhh?

No idea what you mean by that...But I'm not to sure I like the idea of 5 people. If we did that, then there would only be like 3 teams. The point was to have 5 or 6 teams so you're always facing someone different.
I got a writing team! I just need 2 players to finish the team. Our team will crush yours Sparta...when I get one
"Out team"? With those misspellings, I doubt it. Anyways, good luck. It's like the 2006 Super Sonics playing the 2010 Chicago Bulls. Kidding. Kidding.

Anyways, who has a full team?
I think TITAN does

Edit:I just saw you edit your post!!HA
I edited to add the Super Sonics part...
(Oct. 14, 2011  11:14 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2011  7:33 AM)Nwolf Wrote: people like Sparta, Temporal and me are thick as thieves

Huhh?

No idea what you mean by that...But I'm not to sure I like the idea of 5 people. If we did that, then there would only be like 3 teams. The point was to have 5 or 6 teams so you're always facing someone different.

and the mighty Sparta, man of writing wisdom falls! ha thick as thieves means we're really good friends, and we know alot about each other, so if you and temporal were in a team you wouldn't really be improving much...
But that also means that we know where we fall short. Like me for example, when I have an idea, I'm stubborn. I ride it out until it bores me. While this works with WtAS, it doesn't always.
So then maybe this could be something to think about. Do you try to recruit people you're good friends with or others that you can teach?

Interesting...
Tried to get TITAN and Noodoo on my team, if they dont want, will ask Swift
(Oct. 17, 2011  2:57 AM)Sparta Wrote: So then maybe this could be something to think about. Do you try to recruit people you're good friends with or others that you can teach?

Interesting...

Winning remains the top priority. Example: The Pittsburgh Power of the AFL. An expansion team. They went 9-9, found their QB of the future, and figured out that they don't NEED those huge AFL scores to win. (Only team to win with less than 40 points.)Their main concern? They didn't make the playoffs. They won all these awards, but the coach said that he leaves them in his basement. Why? Because despite the strides they made, they floundered in the 2nd half of the season, and so he does not want to see something to make it look better, he wants WINS.

But I digress. People can recruit anyone they please, so long as it makes them more likely to win.
(Oct. 17, 2011  3:19 AM)Temporal Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  2:57 AM)Sparta Wrote: So then maybe this could be something to think about. Do you try to recruit people you're good friends with or others that you can teach?

Interesting...

Winning remains the top priority. Example: The Pittsburgh Power of the AFL. An expansion team. They went 9-9, found their QB of the future, and figured out that they don't NEED those huge AFL scores to win. (Only team to win with less than 40 points.)Their main concern? They didn't make the playoffs. They won all these awards, but the coach said that he leaves them in his basement. Why? Because despite the strides they made, they floundered in the 2nd half of the season, and so he does not want to see something to make it look better, he wants WINS.

But I digress. People can recruit anyone they please, so long as it makes them more likely to win.

I don't think winning is the main point of the teams, I seriously think that we 3 should go our seperate ways to help other people so like this:

1 really good writer

2 average writers

this way the 2 average writers can imporve with the help of the really good writer, while the really good writer improves naturally. Winning is good, but doing this could help with the entire YC section, which so far is in a bit of a mess, and would be alot fairer.
(Oct. 17, 2011  3:05 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Tried to get TITAN and Noodoo on my team, if they dont want, will ask Swift

Swift and I are already on a team, along with BP...
Alas, it looks like there are very few writers left without a team.

I guess I'll just ride solooooooooooo Cool

On another note, can I still participate in team battles? Like, the team makes one entry, I make one, and whatnot. It'd suck if I missed out Unhappy
You can, methinks. In fact, since it'd be your idea, you'd have the advantage.
Join my writing teamGrinawn Writers! We only have 1 spot left. Apply fast..
I'll pass, I prefer being solo.
Hooray! But...do we go ahead with the draft on PenPad, or do we wait and just have the teams jump from one forum to another and vice versa? I personally don't care, though.