Wobbler/Destabalizer: MSF-L Dragooon Genbull 230BSF

Poll: Useful Combo?

Yes
64.29%
No
35.71%
Total: 100% 14 vote(s)
If it's aggresive, it's not legal for testing.... everyone knows what Dark Knight does to higher combos, it has nothing to do woth Dragooon's recoil.
Come on, guys. This is nothing to get uptight about. Different people get different results (remember that whole Pegasis^2 R145RF thing? I still get amazing results with that, even though nobody else does). It's all cool.

From the smash Dragooon demonstrates in the video, I'm thinking using Dragooon as the bottom Chrome Wheel on a Synchrome Attack custom at like 170 - 200 height might be seriously effective if the recoil can be controlled. Perhaps something like MSF-H Dragooon Genbull TH170RF?

That could be seriously beast now that I think about it.
(Jun. 28, 2014  2:29 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Come on, guys. This is nothing to get uptight about. Different people get different results (remember that whole Pegasis^2 R145RF thing? I still get amazing results with that, even though nobody else does). It's all cool.

From the smash Dragooon demonstrates in the video, I'm thinking using Dragooon as the bottom Chrome Wheel on a Synchrome Attack custom at like 170 - 200 height might be seriously effective if the recoil can be controlled. Perhaps something like MSF-H Dragooon Genbull TH170RF?

That could be seriously beast now that I think about it.

I was playing with that once 160 height. It was great.
Here is the combo: Dragooon^2 160 R2F

The video was fun, though Dark Knight didn't do as great as in my testing (in the video it got 50%) you actually get to see a Dark Knight KO. It looks like Dragooon Genbull is going to win and then Dark Knight pulls off a 50% win rate.
It is going to be posted here in 5 mins.

EDIT: my L/R is messed up.
You just said it got 50% and that you would put up the video. How would that delay you putting up the video? Sounds to me like you lied and you're trying to cover it up.

I don't see how you can go from 100%-50%.... anyways.
(Jun. 28, 2014  3:03 AM)Echizen Wrote: You just said it got 50% and that you would put up the video. How would that delay you putting up the video? Sounds to me like you lied and you're trying to cover it up.

I don't see how you can go from 100%-50%.... anyways.
Geez...

Sorry for calling you a liar and all, but your EWD is like an HF bro. And on some of your testing, I noticed you slammed the combo down really hard making it circle around out of control. And honestly, you need to use MSF-L. And from my tests, you can see that it has troubles with left-spin. I can do another video, just give me about 15 minutes.
It's ok, as long as you don't do it again (I understand how you felt). I could redo it tommorow if you really need me to. I saw that in your tests. I can wait.

You are forgiven.
Thanks. Smile

Ill edit this post with the video. It was 8-0(Dragooon Genbull won)and 1 tie because of a mislaunch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSvjJ9A4_l...ata_player

Does anyone else want me to do more videos against other combos?
This combo is interesting but the results look pretty good. I would like to see video of this vs
A stamina combo such as duo w145 wd. Also why did you use dark knight in your testing videos,? I don't think it's a good representation of what the combo can or can't do
Becuase Ocean said that combo would be able to beat my combo, which it didn't.

Sure. Ill do it now.
Ok cool I'll play around with this combo a little and maybe get some results up as well
Vid: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...17DpxKY8_U

The last round I did I let Dragooon Genbull continue to spin and it spun for another 30 seconds.
Can you do a vid of the Phantom 230D tests?
Video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zotUX5s0...ata_player

I tried doing a slight bank in the tests and it made a lot lf difference. I tried banking against Duo 230D and imoroved the results from 0% to 30% against it. So those of you having problems try banking(Must get it to where itsn't titlting on its side while its "flowering")/Launching harder/Launching straighter.

Note: One my launches against Phantom I mislaunched(You can tell in the video becuase it goes crazy) so Phantom only got 1 win out of the 6 or 7 tests I did.
Thanks!

Btw one of those times it seemed like you weak launched phantom.
I may have done it on accident, I know I re-did a test where I launched Phantom too weak on accident. I know I intentionally launched Dragooon Genbull a lot harder though.

Last video until around 7 PMish tomorrow today:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...aNA4u3MZTY

As you can see, my RSF is semi-aggro. Wyvang is at the best height to destabalize Dragooon Genbull so it lose balance very easily, so to avoid hits, I launched it to the tornado ridge and it did better than my original tests!
In those battles it's appears that the combo that was launched first had an big disadvantage because when wyvang was launched second, in its aggressive period, it could break Your combos stall.

EDIT: messed up this post. Now it's fixed.
I was actually thinking of something similar to this a little before Beydays, haha.

Anyways, I'm not too fond of Dragoon having use on the bottom of Genbull. Despite Dragoon having a decent amount of weight, It really wouldn't have any use on this matchup, because of Left Spin not playing a role in this battle. Though you did mention how Dragoon did better than Girago, I still felt like something like Girago would have possibly have a better chance, because of more smash. I'll post benchmarks using Girago in comparison to Dragoon a bit later today.

On top of the testings I'll post later today, I myself might possibly be able to get a video up, though I still have no guarantees whatsoever.

(Jun. 28, 2014  1:50 AM)Time Wrote: I must say I seriously doubt a lot of these results. Especially, the ones against Duo and Phantom.

I was just going through posts earlier on, and this one caught my eye, though I am quite late myself.

I wouldn't necessarily say he wasn't testing, though as you already mentioned, I really wouldn't expect results like these against both Duo and Phantom. I'll post comparison tests, as well.
I honestly don't know what defines something as a "destabilizer" anymore, but this really just looks more like a Force Smasher with okay Stamina. I did a lot of experimenting with Synchrome Force Smashers many months ago, but my results with them tended to be mediocre on plastic or metal Bottoms, mostly self-KO'ing out of high recoil, and only competitively viable on rubber based ones. On top of using a Bottom as tall as BSF, 230 might also make the combo a little too high to hit as many things consistently.

(Jun. 28, 2014  2:29 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: From the smash Dragooon demonstrates in the video, I'm thinking using Dragooon as the bottom Chrome Wheel on a Synchrome Attack custom at like 170 - 200 height might be seriously effective if the recoil can be controlled. Perhaps something like MSF-H Dragooon Genbull TH170RF?

Oh man, TH170RF all the way. 170 is low enough that it makes substantial contact with most low-Track height ranges without needing to be banked like there's no tomorrow, but 220-height is where Force Smash is most effective in general. The only problem with using an unaggressive Chrome Wheel on the top of the Synchrome is that if you inevitably come across a 230-height Defense custom with better Stamina than yours, there's typically no way to KO or OS it.

I can't remember if I tried Phoenic, Balro, or Begirados, but I remember having some good luck with Dragooon or Gryph (or both) Gryph TH170R²F against most things. Maybe even try Pegasis Pegasis in Gryph's stead? The main things I disliked about Dragooon was that it had so much recoil and not enough side-contact points, but I don't remember if I tried to fix that by using Balro on top... Wyvang could be better.

EDIT: Ah, wait, I think my final combo was MSF Gryph Begirados TH170R²F.
Here's some testing against Duo 230 D. 50 rounds like the previous two tests.

MSF-L Dragooon Genbull 230 BSF vs Duo Cancer 230 D
Genbull:12 (3 OS 9KO)
Duo:38 (36 OS 2 KO)
Genbull win percentage: 24%
Detail Results

Detailed results to come. Duo got a few lucky KOs and Genbull had to get a KO or hope to bang it around enough for an OS, but most of the time Duo could live longer (as you see by the tests). Ill try to get the Gryph^2 E230 BSF comparisons soon.

Edit: Added detail results to this and the previous tests I did. I believe I got everything right.
Thanks for the tests!

For anyone doing tests: "I tried doing a slight bank in the tests and it made a lot lf difference. I tried banking against Duo 230D and imoroved the results from 0% to 30% against it. So those of you having problems try banking(Must get it to where itsn't titlting on its side while its "flowering")/Launching harder/Launching straighter."

@MidnightGFX, is it becuase you haven't seen it be used on the bottom before? The reason I choose Dragooon is becuase it's really heavy, the heads can "grind" down your opponent, and I tested a lot of other wheels, but none of them worked near as well as Dragooon.

@ლ(ಠ益ಠლ), when I tested it, it hadn't self-KO'd any.
This does it's job and that is the most important, but I still prefer Balro Balro over it. I skimmed throught the tests so forgive me if I missed it, but did you test against Balro Balro?
(Jun. 28, 2014  6:00 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: This does it's job and that is the most important, but I still prefer Balro Balro over it. I skimmed throught the tests so forgive me if I missed it, but did you test against Balro Balro?

Yep he did.
Here were the tests KainHighwind did a while ago with MSF Gryph Gryph E230 BSF. These tests were similar to tests in the OP for MSF-L Dragooon Genbull 230 BSF.
MSF Gryph Gryph E230 BSF
All credit goes to KainHighwind for the tests.
It seemed to do a little better against some combos (Duo 230 for an examlple) than Dragooon Genbull did. And it did better against attack (mainly because of E230).
I think the reason it did better agaisnt Duo 230 was becuase it has bit more smash, seeing as all the wins were KO's. I tried Gryph^2 and it did worse against things like Phantom.