Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

SD? is your metagame stamina/defense oriented?
stamina oriented. I kept to that combo becuse it seemed to benefit me in some way during my battles but I have been noticing that WD defeats SD but when I make tests it is like 50/50. So I am still undecided if I should use WD over my SD.
Ok Yamislayer, I got it. Plus SD is better IMO. It does stand still better than WD while WD gets plummled alot when it gets hits.
(Mar. 23, 2011  7:47 PM)BeyStrategist Wrote: stamina oriented. I kept to that combo becuse it seemed to benefit me in some way during my battles but I have been noticing that WD defeats SD but when I make tests it is like 50/50. So I am still undecided if I should use WD over my SD.

Stick to SD. Although I usually win with WD, they are always close with us. I would say that you just need to go on a lower track. SD seems to be perfect with your launching which allows you to take in and survive ferocious hits from combos like MF-H Gravity Perseus 85RF.
I'm pretty sure there isn't a launch that can help a stamina type take hits better
Surviving hits and taking hits better are different things: I could slide shoot my stamina combo, hopefully evading the attack or hitting the wall at least, that would be surviving hits would it not? But yeah, taking hits better with plastic tips is pretty undoable, I think..
I AM YAMISLAYER, i was logged wih my girlfriend's account, sorry

(Mar. 24, 2011  5:00 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I'm pretty sure there isn't a launch that can help a stamina type take hits better

I'm pretty sure i wasted a lot of time then! xD
jk but if you can predict your opponent slide path there are at least 4 things you can do:

1) trying to avoid it

2) trying to get hit in a specific way making your opponent loose it's sliding path and making it a circular path

3) aiming for a wall wwhen hit in order to survive the first hit, after that you'll get KO'd harder

4) aiming again for the wall, but shooting in order to stay near the wall, creating a bounce effect and KOing the attack combo

from my tests: sd easily outspins WD, but WD is the best choice when spin stealing happens
(Mar. 24, 2011  5:00 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I'm pretty sure there isn't a launch that can help a stamina type take hits better

And that's where you went wrong. How do you think I win with combos like Earth 85WD with no metal face against combos like mf-h gravity perseus 85rf? Every single tournament, I face that combo or lightning variants and beat them. In BeyStrategist's case, all he has to do is shoot SD with a banking shot and does fine and takes hits from top-tier attackers very well. Hopefully, there is a video from the last few tournaments showing this effect. SD defends much better than WD considering it does not slide aroun as much when its hit.
Is this in any way relative to what I was saying awhile back, where if you shoot a defense type (Or any type, I used WB) in a certain way, it becomes seriously difficult to properly KO something like Earth Cancer 85WB? I shoot my LTDC like that and I honestly had some difficulty KO'ing it.
(Mar. 24, 2011  2:43 PM)Dan Wrote: Is this in any way relative to what I was saying awhile back, where if you shoot a defense type (Or any type, I used WB) in a certain way, it becomes seriously difficult to properly KO something like Earth Cancer 85WB? I shoot my LTDC like that and I honestly had some difficulty KO'ing it.

Yes this is exactly it. I figured this out a long time ago. No one did this before me. After I used it in the tournament, everyone started adopting it. I never shoot stamina types the proper way no matter what I face. Banking all the way.
No way? I think I'll do this on saturday since it worked wonders for me.
As far as avoiding the hits go, fine. But it is not possible to launch in a way that your combo will take the hits better...
(Mar. 24, 2011  5:33 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: As far as avoiding the hits go, fine. But it is not possible to launch in a way that your combo will take the hits better...
Banking, maybe? Like with Basalts's wheel, if it's angled, it gives it a (physically) low defense, depending on what you're up against, of course. I haven't exactly tried it, but I'm just guessing that's what he meant.

But really, that's way too much thinking and can be risky. It's easier to just shoot it straight into the middle.
yes, if the weel is angled, it is possible to obtain a better "defense" from upper attack, but still, that is not a safe option against an attack combo launched with a GOOD shoot
(Mar. 24, 2011  5:37 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Mar. 24, 2011  5:33 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: As far as avoiding the hits go, fine. But it is not possible to launch in a way that your combo will take the hits better...
Banking, maybe? Like with Basalts's wheel, if it's angled, it gives it a (physically) low defense, depending on what you're up against, of course. I haven't exactly tried it, but I'm just guessing that's what he meant.

But really, that's way too much thinking and can be risky. It's easier to just shoot it straight into the middle.

I really don't think that's what he meant because he was specifically addressing MF/MF-H Earth Bull 100SD
I came in first at the [Brooklyn, NY] 3/27/11 In like a Leone, Out like an Aries tournament
The combos i used were:
MF-H Hell Kerbecs 90 RF
MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 D (boost mode only) (against stamina combos)
MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS (against questionably attack combos... meaning if i couldn't tell if it was attack or not).
but yeah, it was more convenient for me since i didn't feel like switching to my gravity perseus in my back pocket but i feel like perseus can be countered all too easily. The finals all consisted of "MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD" (literally... they all had it) where i had the advantage with MF-H Hell Kerbecs 90 RF which KOed the opposing kerbecs all too easily even with a super weak launch.
Looks like you hate Hell Kerbecs.....
Regent's Restricted Roundup:

Finals match between Blitz and ControL_ MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS versus MF-H Basalt Cancer 230CS.

First and second used the fundamentally same combo.

Third was Enzoxs, I saw the use of Hell BD145 Defence series variant and Basalt 230WD variant.
(Apr. 16, 2011  6:40 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Regent's Restricted Roundup:

Finals match between Blitz and ControL_ MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS versus MF-H Basalt Cancer 230CS.

First and second used the fundamentally same combo.

Third was Enzoxs, I saw the use of Hell BD145 Defence series variant and Basalt 230WD variant.

I really don't see how people are still losing to Basalt 230CS. Do people really not know how to use attackers properly in that community or Hell based combos with BD145? NO ONE on the East Coast uses this. There are SO many things that kill it.
(Apr. 16, 2011  11:36 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I really don't see how people are still losing to Basalt 230CS. Do people really not know how to use attackers properly in that community or Hell based combos with BD145? NO ONE on the East Coast uses this. There are SO many things that kill it.

You are not seeing the full picture. Because the combo is so popular; its apparent success is shown. Like if 75% of people were to use Earth 145WD, you'd see at least a few of those taking the top spots. If the metagame is filled with 75% Basalt-counters they will overwhelm the Basalt users with the statistical advantage paired with the prevalence. Now if 75% of the metagame is Basalt users and 10% are Basalt-counters, the sheer numbers will nullify the statistical advantage that Basalt-counters have.
lol. that is a good point however messing around with a hell kerbecs combo could definitely counter that combo so easily. changing the height and tips can definitely push someone into the finals. i mean, i understand the metagame there has more basalt users but if they are battling just one basalt-counter user, they could get pretty far. it's not like all the basalts are battling at the same time against 1 basalt-counter combo. no, it's one at a time. odds are, that one combo CAN make it to the finals if his/her opponents were all basalt bull 230cs....
I suppose I should note here that I won Ignite Your Spirit! in March with MF-L Basalt Bull 230CS versus Pockyx3, who was using Gravity Perseus CH120RF (or some variant of that) in the finals.
(Apr. 17, 2011  4:16 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: lol. that is a good point however messing around with a hell kerbecs combo could definitely counter that combo so easily. changing the height and tips can definitely push someone into the finals. i mean, i understand the metagame there has more basalt users but if they are battling just one basalt-counter user, they could get pretty far. it's not like all the basalts are battling at the same time against 1 basalt-counter combo. no, it's one at a time. odds are, that one combo CAN make it to the finals if his/her opponents were all basalt bull 230cs....

Basalt 230CS variant users do use other combos in the group stages; ControL_ only used it 1/4 battles in group stages. It is difficult to anticipate if the opponent is going to use the Basalt 230CS variant or not, which is where the problem lies.
yeah, kei, i saw that vid of the finals. it was interesting at the same time i thought in my head "if it were me, i would have used Hell kerbecs H145 RF."
it's that a lot of people don't know how to anticipate their opponent's blades. My trick is before the battle, i take a quick glimpse of my opponent's blade and take in consideration what blades they used in the past matches and rounds. then when i see their blade before the match, i think up a quick counter and pull it out. there's no rule that says u can't peek at your opponent's blade before you pull out yours.
(Apr. 17, 2011  11:13 AM)Sky Prince Wrote: yeah, kei, i saw that vid of the finals. it was interesting at the same time i thought in my head "if it were me, i would have used Hell kerbecs H145 RF."
it's that a lot of people don't know how to anticipate their opponent's blades. My trick is before the battle, i take a quick glimpse of my opponent's blade and take in consideration what blades they used in the past matches and rounds. then when i see their blade before the match, i think up a quick counter and pull it out. there's no rule that says u can't peek at your opponent's blade before you pull out yours.

Wow your opponent reveals their combo, in the finals? In London, we have to practically use the stalling clause 90% of the time in the finals.