Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

(Mar. 02, 2022  4:09 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2022  2:36 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah he switched it up. He only used judgement vanguard xtreme’ I think 3 times? I played against his Judgement on Shot, I think you judged that match with me and him. And as for your deck, I didn’t see what you were using but you said you used almost the same thing as Mitchjett but with SK layers? You mentioned to me Abyss bursted and I saw you using curse solomon on Ig’ one e. Was your deck Abyss on Hybrid, Curse Solomon on Ig’, and Master Wh(H)Xt+? Mitchjett used Master Spriggan Wh(H)Xt+ for about 4 matches I think, but it wasn’t on the winning combos list. Did you not see him use it, or was it just by accident that it wasn’t written? And I really do think we all overestimated the SK layers abilities. It may even be to the point that we don’t need to ban any, or even ban chips Like Solomon or Lucifer 2.

Out of pure curiosity is the Wh in the combos you’re talking about suppose to be Wheel?

Wheel Hasbro
(Mar. 02, 2022  4:18 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2022  4:09 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Out of pure curiosity is the Wh in the combos you’re talking about suppose to be Wheel?

Wheel Hasbro

Okay. Makes sense now. I saw the (H) next to it but it was right next to Xt+ and I wasn’t sure if he was saying high xtend or not. Thanks for clarifying it for me.
(Mar. 02, 2022  4:09 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2022  2:36 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah he switched it up. He only used judgement vanguard xtreme’ I think 3 times? I played against his Judgement on Shot, I think you judged that match with me and him. And as for your deck, I didn’t see what you were using but you said you used almost the same thing as Mitchjett but with SK layers? You mentioned to me Abyss bursted and I saw you using curse solomon on Ig’ one e. Was your deck Abyss on Hybrid, Curse Solomon on Ig’, and Master Wh(H)Xt+? Mitchjett used Master Spriggan Wh(H)Xt+ for about 4 matches I think, but it wasn’t on the winning combos list. Did you not see him use it, or was it just by accident that it wasn’t written? And I really do think we all overestimated the SK layers abilities. It may even be to the point that we don’t need to ban any, or even ban chips Like Solomon or Lucifer 2.

Out of pure curiosity is the Wh in the combos you’re talking about suppose to be Wheel?

What Zankye said 👍
[Image: IMG-7909.jpg]

Winning Combinations for "Battle On The Hilltop 3-5-22".
This was a burst standard ranked tournament located in Tukwila Washington.

1st Lowshki
Guilty Lonignus Giga Xtreme’ 2 (final stage)
Vanish Fafnir Over Bearing’ 3 (both stages)
Dynamite Belial F-gear Tapered Drift (final stage)

2nd CVie
Roar Longinus Over Bearing’ 6 (final stage)
Ultimate Belial II Giga Quick’ 9 (final stage)
Astral Bahamut Nexus+S (fixed) Wave’ (both stages)

3rd Zektor
Devil Perseus F-gear Over Bearing’ 9 (both stages)
Roar Longinus Giga Metal Drift 0 (final stage)
Greatest Raphael Wheel Drift (final stage)
Vanish Longinus Giga Bearing 0 (tie breaker)

4th Anko The Yonko
Savior Perseus Giga Xtreme’ 3 (final stage)
Dynamite Belial II F-gear Over Venture V-gear 9 (both stages)
Astral Longinus Tapered Bearing’ 0 (both stages)

(If there are any mistakes please PM me and I will fix them)
I see a lot of Dynamites with the F-Gear but not the L-Gear. At a glance, it looks like free weight. Is there a reason why the L-Gear is not being used?
(Mar. 09, 2022  1:27 AM)Morc Wrote: I see a lot of Dynamites with the F-Gear but not the L-Gear. At a glance, it looks like free weight. Is there a reason why the L-Gear is not being used?

High mode is best for opposite spin match up with same spin it lagging behind by a bit, with L-Gear since you are perma high mode you are less likely to win against same spin and you could just get counterpicked in deck with right vs right and not get the left bey you wanted to battle against.

The gear itself is solid but to get the matchup needed is hard to do
Gravity? Choose Your Direction, Right or Left?
La Mirada, California 03/13/2022

1st Shindog
MF Pegasus CH120 RF (1st stage)
MF-L Gravity Perseus (Stamina) F230 GCF (1st stage)
Earth Sagittario II B:D (1st stage)
MSF-H Bandid Wyvang H145 RSF (Deck Format Finals Only)
MF-H Gravity Perseus (Attack) CH120 MF (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd PhoenixHaven
Flame Kerbecs 230 CS
MF Meteo L-Drago LW105 EWD
MF-H Duo Cancer B:D

3rd Eddiehh 
Cyber Pegasus CH120  RF
MF-M Lightning L-Drago 105 R2F
MF Earth Eagle B:D
MF Earth Eagle TH170 WD
Meteo L-Drago LW105 EWD
The Circuit: VA 2022

This event was a WBO ranked 3v3 format

Friedpasta 1st Place
Dynamite Valkyrie Tapered Br' 0 3v3 format only (im pretty sure he used F gear but I can't remember for sure, best to ask him if you're curious)
Vanish Longinus Gg HXt+' -10 3v3 format only
Vanish Longinus Ov HXt+' -10 3v3 format only
Prominence Perseus Nx+S Dr -10 Finals/Deck Format Only
Dynamite Valkyrie Ov Br' 0 3v3 & Deck Format
Guilty Bahamut Gg Mx -2 Deck Format Only

Allen Schaffer 2nd Place
Astral Belial 2 Ov HXt+' 9 3v3 format only
Vanish Longinus Gg Br 6 3v3 format only
Prominence Belial 2 Nx+S Dr 0 Finals/Deck Format Only
Roar Bahamut Gg Dr 10 Finals/Deck Format Only
Dynamite (F) Belial 2 Nx+S Xtreme 9 Finals/Deck Format Only
Rage Diabolos 3a Metal Xtreme Finals/Deck Format Only
Guilty Longinus Ov Xtreme' 0 Finals/Deck Format Only
Dynamite (F) Perseus Tapered Br' 10 3v3 & Deck Format

Garishi 3rd Place
3rd Astral Perseus Gg Venture+V 6 3v3 format only
Garishi 3rd Devil (F) Belial Tapered Br' 3 3v3 format only
Garishi 3rd Vanish Longinus Ov HXt+' 0 3v3 format only
Garishi 3rd Dynamite (F) Perseus Over HXt+' 0 Finals/Deck Format Only
Garishi 3rd Vanish Longinus Tapered Br' 3 Finals/Deck Format Only
Garishi 3rd Prominence Valkyrie Nx+S Mobius 3 Finals/Deck Format Only

geetster99 4th Place
Dynamite (F) Perseus Tapered Br' -3 3v3 format only
Astral Belial 2 Gg Bearing -2 3v3 format only
Vanish Longinus Over HXt+' 0 3v3 & Deck Format
Roar Bahamut Gg Metal Drift -10 Finals/Deck Format Only
Prominence Valkyrie Tapered Drift -6 Finals/Deck Format Only
Never seen anyone handle attack like Friedpasta and his dang ol Mx. INSTA DEATH lol
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:11 AM)Garishi Wrote: Never seen anyone handle attack like Friedpasta and his dang ol Mx. INSTA DEATH lol

That was some legit handles. I got to see the replay on the live stream! Amazing!!!
That’s pretty incredible to see a triple Xtreme deck. I suppose they are in bold bc they were impressively in the same deck?! They won a point each at least as well. I don’t think I can pull off a point with DB F gear.Xtreme in all honesty. That’s pretty special and shows a level of mastery that is impressive imo. So glad the variant driver rule is gone so the winning combo list has a chance look like this.
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:20 AM)Shindog Wrote: That’s pretty incredible to see a triple Xtreme deck.  I suppose they are in bold bc they were impressively in the same deck?!  They won a point each at least as well.  I don’t think I can pull off a point with DB F gear.Xtreme in all honesty.  That’s pretty special and shows a level of mastery that is impressive imo.  So glad the variant driver rule is gone so the winning combo list has a chance look like this.

I was impressed as well. I can't lie when he came up with it I was thinking, "he's about to go 0-5 hard lol" but once the battle started I got really hype. The Xtreme is legit and honestly I'd love to see it more. It was by far my favorite battles to watch of the day. I think I will definitely try to start incorporating more hardcore attack in my future combos
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:24 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:20 AM)Shindog Wrote: That’s pretty incredible to see a triple Xtreme deck.  I suppose they are in bold bc they were impressively in the same deck?!  They won a point each at least as well.  I don’t think I can pull off a point with DB F gear.Xtreme in all honesty.  That’s pretty special and shows a level of mastery that is impressive imo.  So glad the variant driver rule is gone so the winning combo list has a chance look like this.

I was impressed as well. I can't lie when he came up with it I was thinking, "he's about to go 0-5 hard lol" but once the battle started I got really hype. The Xtreme is legit and honestly I'd love to see it more. It was by far my favorite battles to watch of the day. I think I will definitely try to start incorporating more hardcore attack in my future combos
I was asked several times why I didn’t support the variant driver rule.  I think this clearly says why.  Ppl should be able to play what they want within reason.  If they can pull off something like this, it just bring such excitement to the community. To go against convention and against the grain.  To have success with each combo too so they all showed up!!!  Incredible really.  If any thing tells us why the variant driver rule was correctly removed, this is it.

I don’t think I have the guts to try triple attack tbh, but this is just so cool.  Much more of a flex than spelling inappropriate words with combos.
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:28 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:24 AM)StayCool Wrote: I was impressed as well. I can't lie when he came up with it I was thinking, "he's about to go 0-5 hard lol" but once the battle started I got really hype. The Xtreme is legit and honestly I'd love to see it more. It was by far my favorite battles to watch of the day. I think I will definitely try to start incorporating more hardcore attack in my future combos
I was asked several times why I didn’t support the variant driver rule.  I think this clearly says why.  Ppl should be able to play what they want within reason.  If they can pull off something like this, it just bring such excitement to the community. To go against convention and against the grain.  To have success with each combo too so they all showed up.  Incredible really.  If any thing tells us why the variant driver rule was correctly removed, this is it.

I don’t think I have the guts to try triple attack tbh, but this is just so cool.
There were some discussions yesterday regarding the rule of course. Some for and some against and I can see both sides. But someone said something very eye opening to me, that its not really the rules that create the headache of stamina lag battles, its the players. True we can go double drift or double bearing and that would be the easier wins but the triple Xtreme is on the opposite end with a lot of skill base and hard hitting excitement. It just all depends on what the players want to do with the game. Safe gets wins for sure but what is fun will always be much more exciting! 😎
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:35 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:28 AM)Shindog Wrote: I was asked several times why I didn’t support the variant driver rule.  I think this clearly says why.  Ppl should be able to play what they want within reason.  If they can pull off something like this, it just bring such excitement to the community. To go against convention and against the grain.  To have success with each combo too so they all showed up.  Incredible really.  If any thing tells us why the variant driver rule was correctly removed, this is it.

I don’t think I have the guts to try triple attack tbh, but this is just so cool.
There were some discussions yesterday regarding the rule of course. Some for and some against and I can see both sides. But someone said something very eye opening to me, that its not really the rules that create the headache of stamina lag battles, its the players. True we can go double drift or double bearing and that would be the easier wins but the triple Xtreme is on the opposite end with a lot of skill base and hard hitting excitement. It just all depends on what the players want to do with the game. Safe gets wins for sure but what is fun will always be much more exciting! 😎
I agree.  I was also asked when has a triple or double Xtreme deck ever shown up in winning combos?  Like why do they matter if they can’t make a showing?  Well, I guess they can.
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:35 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:28 AM)Shindog Wrote: I was asked several times why I didn’t support the variant driver rule.  I think this clearly says why.  Ppl should be able to play what they want within reason.  If they can pull off something like this, it just bring such excitement to the community. To go against convention and against the grain.  To have success with each combo too so they all showed up.  Incredible really.  If any thing tells us why the variant driver rule was correctly removed, this is it.

And this was exactly the argument against it: just let people choose. Even if they want to use all X-type (even I would be wary of that, just because there's not a great place for X itself to be except rage which I think lacks the power now). I don't know what side Allen falls on but I'm pretty sure we can all agree it's cool to see the change up that happens when people are able to use what they want. Scoring points with any of those combos except the guilty one is super impressive!
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:11 AM)Garishi Wrote: Never seen anyone handle attack like Friedpasta and his dang ol Mx. INSTA DEATH lol

FACTS. Safe to say I learned to never underestimate how well Sir Pasta can use Xtreme ever again. Mad skills, really ended my parade with it 🥵
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:53 AM)maxrod Wrote:

FACTS. Safe to say I learned to never underestimate how well Sir Pasta can use Xtreme ever again. Mad skills, really ended my parade with it 🥵

Ya know, anyone can do it - it's just about getting the right angle and pulling with the right strength. Same as controlling drift is angle and strength! Just takes a little practice!
I believe he got a point with each and to be fully honest he used it for his finals match only BUT and this is a big BUT, the results surprised even him I think. Not to mention that Friedpasta Xtreme combo was SUPER legit. I do think that we have become complacent in the meta or somewhat complacent. I’m pretty trash with rubber driver but I mean, I’m definitely up for the challenge to get better with it. Especially after seeing the results from yesterday.

(Mar. 14, 2022  4:01 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: I guess Xtreme is just that OP.

I don’t think it’s OP, it’s just a useful part that’s not used too often and there are several more out there I’m sure
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:01 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  3:53 AM)maxrod Wrote: FACTS. Safe to say I learned to never underestimate how well Sir Pasta can use Xtreme ever again. Mad skills, really ended my parade with it 🥵

Ya know, anyone can do it - it's just about getting the right angle and pulling with the right strength. Same as controlling drift is angle and strength! Just takes a little practice!

Yeah sure anyone can try, but the way Friedpasta fried us all yesterday was a work of art. Our battle was surely neck and neck but I made him rematch me after he got his first KO with MX against my Roar Longinus. HUGE mistake… KO’d me every time I faced it from then on. He’s great 🙌
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:22 AM)StayCool Wrote: I believe he got a point with each and to be fully honest he used it for his finals match only BUT and this is a big BUT, the results surprised even him I think. Not to mention that Friedpasta Xtreme combo was SUPER legit. I do think that we have become complacent in the meta or somewhat complacent. I’m pretty trash with rubber driver but I mean, I’m definitely up for the challenge to get better with it. Especially after seeing the results from yesterday.

(Mar. 14, 2022  4:01 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: I guess Xtreme is just that OP.

I don’t think it’s OP, it’s just a useful part that’s not used too often and there are several more out there I’m sure

It's definitely not OP, it's just high risk/high reward. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as accessible as Drift/Bearing/Mobius/ETC. Not to mention how mold variation makes it even harder to get a good Xtreme (some molds have harder or softer rubber, and some of said molds only appear in certain releases).

Edit: Also the rarity of said good Xtreme makes testing painful, since any use shortens its lifespan and you want it to be at its peak when in a tournament
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:27 AM)maxrod Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:01 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ya know, anyone can do it - it's just about getting the right angle and pulling with the right strength. Same as controlling drift is angle and strength! Just takes a little practice!

Yeah sure anyone can try, but the way Friedpasta fried us all yesterday was a work of art. Our battle was surely neck and neck but I made him rematch me after he got his first KO with MX against my Roar Longinus. HUGE mistake… KO’d me every time I faced it from then on. He’s great 🙌

Agreed, he’s got talent. Some parts take a certain level of finesse that everyone can’t duplicate. You did amazing too bro, I’m gonna be in the lab working on something great for when we meet again 😎
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:34 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:27 AM)maxrod Wrote: Yeah sure anyone can try, but the way Friedpasta fried us all yesterday was a work of art. Our battle was surely neck and neck but I made him rematch me after he got his first KO with MX against my Roar Longinus. HUGE mistake… KO’d me every time I faced it from then on. He’s great 🙌

Agreed, he’s got talent. Some parts take a certain level of finesse that everyone can’t duplicate. You did amazing too bro, I’m gonna be in the lab working on something great for when we meet again 😎

Exactly. And sounds like a plan 😈 I stay in the lab too so I’ll be ready Wink
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:34 AM)StayCool Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2022  4:27 AM)maxrod Wrote: Yeah sure anyone can try, but the way Friedpasta fried us all yesterday was a work of art. Our battle was surely neck and neck but I made him rematch me after he got his first KO with MX against my Roar Longinus. HUGE mistake… KO’d me every time I faced it from then on. He’s great 🙌

I'm telling ya man, it's just angle and strength - even if you don't get good enough to spam it a whole tournament I really do think at the moment at least guilty is forgiving enough that anyone can use it as a toolbox option with a little practice, maybe Dr or the now absent Zn'+Z could be avoided, say, but it's not hard at all to smack a Br or HXt+' out of the ring, you don't have to launch particularly hard. 

There's specific practice you can do for tournaments to really secure it if you are planning on leaning on it (at least... I got some advice a decade ago from a player called Bluezee that served me well in the tournament following it during a much less attack friendly format when I was a lot less confident with it), you just might wear through a few drivers in the process! 

I also note many of the players don't seem to have leaned that hard on duplicate stamina drivers?

I also hard agree on what you said before on complacency. It seems to be a feedback loop of LAD LAD LAD focus... There's not only attack but also same spin stamina which is mostly controlled by HXt+', but there are other good options there too which despite not really being any less versatile than Drift don't really get looked at. The format is a lot of fun at the moment IMO, but we aren't exploring much - I think part of that is the lack of drive for people to contribute creative combos on the forums... It's not like what we used to have.

As for good X' BladerGem - I use red rubber X' almost exclusively, it doesn't wear fast and works fine. Clear rubber does wear fast and is maybe more annoying to use as it's too tight patterned. Shadow Amaterios is great but not necessary in standard or GT, helpful in classic tho.