[Winners Announced] WBO Idol Season 1

Can I do a duet with AquarioBeafowl??
I will need more time.
I got sick, and not only is my voice messed up. But I have breathing troubles from being sick.. So I can't actually sing
Well there's still almost a week left. Are you sure you won't be able to make it?

I mean, I'm not too bothered about extending the deadline a little but I'd rather not do it if we don't need to, haha Tongue_out

@Aquabeafowl: I'll see what Ga thinks about it, but personally I would rather it be solo - allowing duets brings in too many extra variables IMO.
Sorry, guys, I won't be able to participate. I've got too much going on school-wise, and I can't find a good software to put my voice over the track I want to use.
On the duet thing...
I would suggest against it personally. Unless the entire competition turned into duets or it was split into blocks and one was a duet block, it would make judging that much harder and then skew the results when people have to go on because there are two entrants to the one entry.

So I'm going to have to disagree with the duet on similar grounds to th!nk.
I need some help on how to create and upload a media file. Btw, I may not be able to upload it by the date for many reasons (basically just school).
It sounds really exciting, but I don't know what a singing contest has to do with beyblades...
It doesn't, that's why it's in the off topic forums...
If there was a prize let's say an HMS Beyblade I'd go on singing lessons Grin
(Jan. 05, 2013  4:25 AM)Tyson-V Wrote: If there was a prize let's say an HMS Beyblade I'd go on singing lessons Grin
That would be way to big of a prize.
There are no prizes but the glory of winning this rather unusual contest (singing contests haven't been done on the WBO for a loooong time).

(Jan. 04, 2013  9:36 PM)Odin Wrote: Sorry, guys, I won't be able to participate. I've got too much going on school-wise, and I can't find a good software to put my voice over the track I want to use.
Audacity works fine for this, generally, and is quite easy to use (you will need to download a plugin or two for some encodings but other than that, it's pretty simple). You could also just sing along with the song in the background at a low level, if you're okay with lower-fi.

UltimateFantasy: Get recording software and a microphone to record with. Record with recording software, either with music in the background or edited in later as above (either way it should be at a low volume). Save it in a format supported by the site (many recording applications save in WAV which you may want to convert depending on your upload speed/bandwidth, as WAV is uncompressed and therefore Large.)
The sites linked in the OP are easy to use for uploading stuff, it's the basis of their site so they should have pretty clear instructions. Heck, Audioboo can even record if allowed access to the mic (I assume a permissions box will pop up or something, haven't used it myself).

Not even a face booster? Oh well..I would've entered, but my voice isn't as great as it was during my elementary school plays. Plays were fun during our practice, but when it came to the night where your parents and other strangers are watching, you really did NOT wanna screw up.
The WBO do not provide prizes for user-created competitions, and that is the only way face boosters are given out. Neither Ga nor Myself have money to spare for prizes, and honestly, it's pretty greedy to expect a prize - this is for fun, not for personal gain.
You cannot be honestly expecting to win a physical prize or even a facebooster from something like this...

This is done for enjoyment only.
Has no one submitted any entry yet? If so, would Insomniac. mind posting them on the OP for the rest to have a listen to?

I personally think it's better to omit the usernames for the judges to be totally unbiased, you know "The Voice" style.

Also, just a disclaimer guys, remember that if there is any critique on your entry, think of it as positive inputs, not a personal vendetta against you. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing some. Good luck to all!
I think I might actually enter.I'm a pretty decent singer so I'm going for it.

EDIT:Wiil probably sing Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley. Eee
I like the idea of blind judging, but it isn't practical - we have the requirement of stating usernames in entries which is there to prevent cheating and participants have also been talking about the contest in-thread. Maybe in future it would be possible, but for now, not so much. However, I know that Ga and I am very much able to separate personal biases from judging (despite my reputation for uh... "emotional involvement").

Perhaps next time something like this is done, that could be set up, but for this contest it's not practical Tongue_out

BeybladePants11: Great!
Gah, too much stuff to choose from!

What would be a good audio editor for Mac?
This sounds interesting, I might enter but I don't know what song I would sing, plus I don't want to be a laughing stock if I can't sing lol.
I sincerely hope people aren't going back on their word/forgetting about this, since this is the last day of the weekend before the deadline.

Now would probably be a good time to record and send your entry in.

This was in the YC rules after all:
Da Rules Wrote:The success of the competition depends on the cooperation of the competitors; please cooperate and stay committed.
Man, that makes me feel bad. I really wish I could but uploading my video for the scavenger hunt took to much of my data.
I might not be able to participate, as I am running out of time and my life is really hectic right now, traveling and all. Take me off the list, but if we're all lucky, expect an entry from me.

Sorry for leavin, but I think it's better that way, rather than making everyone fret over my entry not being sent, and getting some family time.

Kuji
A reminder to all participants and any other last minute entrants that your entries are due January 10th at 11:59 PM EST. So you have two days to post your entries. Please remember to post them here.

Just a reminder from Insomniac. !
Uh-Oh.
I can't get my recording until atleast the 13th... Unhappy
Would it be better to ask for an extention or just to pull out?