Wings of Change Tournament in Central Park (TOURNAMENT CANCELED BOO)

(Oct. 29, 2008  6:00 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: People don't really have a right to complain about a lack of Beyblade tournaments if they're not willing to travel for them. The community's lucky to have someone like you.

Complaining about the lack of tournaments was the last thing on my mind when I posted eairlier. Most of the beyblade tournemnets ran by forum members are reasonably close to me (which is pretty awesome).

The thing is about going to the city for one is that id have to drive to the train closest to my house, take it to a ferry, get off the ferry and take two different subways to get to central park. The train and ferry ride alone is an hour if i manage to not have to wait for either of them and their ready to go as soon as i get to them. And all this would be in the cold carrying my oversized toolbox Tongue_out

If this was in jersey the same place as the last two times I'd probably go. Im not saying that it should be in jersey i understand you wana do it at central park and its easier for you so i have no problem with that.

Honestly though i could see myself going one night to meet up and hang out with you all if anyone would wana do that. We can get some food. I see you guys talking about sushi i know a Sushi/Saki in the city that has good shushi and doesent ID. Just throwing a thought out there.
(Oct. 30, 2008  3:47 PM)Maz Wrote: The thing is about going to the city for one is that id have to drive to the train closest to my house, take it to a ferry, get off the ferry and take two different subways to get to central park. The train and ferry ride alone is an hour if i manage to not have to wait for either of them and their ready to go as soon as i get to them.

you just described my commute to work right now
that's pretty bad dude you beter be getting paid well.

I just hope no one took what I've been saying as complaints. I dident want to leave you guys hanging and not write anything so I posted why I won't be there. =\
(Oct. 30, 2008  5:50 PM)Maz Wrote: that's pretty bad dude you beter be getting paid well.

lol i need to move
Well Maz, whatever. It honestly doesn't sound that bad. I was really expecting it to sound worse. I'm just pretty disappointed that you won't come. I have to carry two big bags of stuff and sometimes walk 40 minutes to the station if nobody will take me, get to Penn station which is around 50 minutes, go and wait in front of the Tracks bar for 30-45 minutes, then get on the train and go to the park and walk to the castle with my arms full of Beyblade carp. I'm even going to brew more tea to share with people.

I don't have a problem doing it because it's fun and it's worth it. I think it would be worth it for you to extend the extra effort and if you don't want to take your toolkit, then just come and hang out. We're going to Funi Yama afterwards for great all you can eat Sushis.

Also on top of all this I'm not living here permanently. At some point, hopefully soon, and possibly in November, I will be going home. You're gonna regret missing out on this and you know it.
Just a note, I want video from many different angles. AlphaOmega and Clair are bringing their digital cameras. If your camera can take movies, please bring it with you. If you have a tripod, please bring it. We need equipment to take better video this time. I have extra memory stick pro duos for anyone who needs more memory.

If you are bringing anything, post here.

EDIT: Man I had the worst Halloween ever. I have a lot of energy to release into this tournament, and I have also repaired Kagetsu-Shard X and Moon Diamond X.
I can't believe the list has gone down to only two confirmed attendees. Can't ANY OF YOU tell me if you're coming for sure or not? I mean honestly maybe usually means "No, but I don't want to tell you until the last minute when you're hoping I'll show up".

Is this tournament going to be another huge failure? Come the carp on, guys. Pull it out.
Sorry bro I wont be able to make this one. I got a friend from a Penn visitng me.
And now they will drop like flies
not sure if i can make it..mom says yes but my dad is being an carp and wont let me out the house..i should know by the end of today or early tomorrow morning but at the current moment in time..then i wont make it
So now that we're down to all maybes and only one solid attendee, it's your last chance to salvage this, people. If you're not coming, tell me right the carp now. Because I don't want to wait at the park for nobody to show up.

I'll run another one if you guys can give me a solid answer on a certain date, like next weekend, but if you can't, that's it. I need your help to do this. And I'm sick of making tournament threads, having everyone tell me they can come and then all of you drop off the god damned map for one reason or another.

If I reschedule this for next week, can you guys make it?

I will have Libra and the Stamina Stadium by then, too.
i think that it would be best for this week's participants to schedule for next week..there is no point in going there and end up with one or no participants and have wasted all the time and energy...just wait and get your new stuff first..it would be in the best interest of everyone and even you so you dont have to waste time
okay bluezee that's great

but the question is CAN YOU MAKE IT?
I cant make it anytime this month actually. Im going on a trip the next to weekends.
(Nov. 05, 2008  8:42 PM)Anubis Wrote: So now that we're down to all maybes and only one solid attendee, it's your last chance to salvage this, people. If you're not coming, tell me right the carp now. Because I don't want to wait at the park for nobody to show up.

I'll run another one if you guys can give me a solid answer on a certain date, like next weekend, but if you can't, that's it. I need your help to do this. And I'm sick of making tournament threads, having everyone tell me they can come and then all of you drop off the god damned map for one reason or another.

Okay, now you seriously need to calm down. I understand your frustrations, but really, you just held a tournament, there's been a bunch of tournaments in this area recently, people have obligations outside of Beyblade and you need to stop bossing people around and lay off the hostility.
(Nov. 06, 2008  5:59 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2008  8:42 PM)Anubis Wrote: So now that we're down to all maybes and only one solid attendee, it's your last chance to salvage this, people. If you're not coming, tell me right the carp now. Because I don't want to wait at the park for nobody to show up.

Okay, now you seriously need to calm down. I understand your frustrations, but really, you just held a tournament, there's been a bunch of tournaments in this area recently, people have obligations outside of Beyblade and you need to stop bossing people around and lay off the hostility.

You're right, I apologize.

I'm having a really hard time right now at my place and it's really grating on me. I am no longer on speaking terms with my uncle and I am constantly trying to avoid contact with him. I'm just really on edge. I'm just kind of desperate for something to work out. Before I had made this post, I was in a huge argument with one of my friends also.

Also I'm extremely nervous because we just had our last chemo session and the next PET scan will determine whether or not my mom needs more treatment (it will determine if we have to be in this horrible house for another two months or not).

So again, I'm sorry.
This was canceled for today. Hope nobody went.
Yeah, sorry about that. I was woken up by a call in the morning and then rushed out the door. I forgot to post on the forums the night before. I also hope nobody went, but you all have my number and I didn't get a single call so I'm pretty sure nobody did..

In any case, I don't know. If the tournament doesn't run next weekend then I'm just going to give it a rest unless you guys tell me you want to get together and play in some of the coming weeks for one more tournament before I go home.
Well, considering nobody has bothered contacting me about this besides AlphaOmega and Clair, I think I'm just going to cancel it. It will be canceled by Friday if something doesn't happen. Sorry...
Tournament canceled.
Booo! I was expecting video for this!!