Wing Pegasis 85SF: Return of the destablizer?

to all those giving requests
(Jan. 07, 2012  9:40 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: too those people who will suggest me to test vs combos:
i do not have any rubber defence bottoms, phantom, and basalt.
right in the OP

jan: i was thinking the same with MF personally, i still want to try it out

BladingSpirit5: if you can do any tests VS basalt BD145 combos that would be great

Sam: your welcome, i already tested with F, i personally do not think there will be much of a difference

about CS. though i do think it would work with a semi-aggressive one, but isn't CS a bit tall?..
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:09 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: Why calm over aggresive? I would think that an aggresive CS could make for a potential destabilizer. That doesnt mean that a calm one wouldnt be though.

The way I see it, SF, RSF, WF, XF, RF, LF, R2F, LRF, CS (calm), CS (aggresive) and F: D all have potential at destabilizing, if used with the right parts, like Blitz, and agianst the right opponents. Maybe MF as well, but I am not sure...

What's F: D going to destabilise, given it's at 145 height?

Anything destabilises taller opponents if they hit them from below, to some degree, so you can destabilise on any tip. Including WD.

The only really worthwhile one was the destabilising attacker that was MF LDrago 90WF, and similar combos can still destabilise basalt bd145cs to this day, to some extent.
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:25 PM)th!nk Wrote: What's F: D going to destabilise, given it's at 145 height?

The only really worthwhile one was the destabilising attacker that was MF LDrago 90WF, and similar combos can still destabilise basalt bd145cs to this day, to some extent.

230/TH170?

to bad it didn't do to well vs stamina unlike some of the other destabilizers...
Everything destabilises them anyway, F: D has no special ability there.

It still seems to me, like the old flame+sf destabilisers, to be an inferior low track stamina combination.
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: It still seems to me, like the old flame+sf destabilisers, to be an inferior low track stamina combination.
My old Killer eagle T125FS that beats earth 145 and 100 says hello Tongue_out

but yeah, low height stamina did kinda kill destabilizers...

anyways i think we are getting off-topic...
(Jan. 08, 2012  5:21 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Ahem, I was included in these PM's, hahaha

I think this is so cool, I really hope it works out. Destabilizing BD145, sweet!

I think RSF may be too tall. If the height change from 80 to 90 gave worse results, I think RSF would do the same?

I also think SF gives better results than F because the hits are more frequent because it travels a shorter distance?

I have high hopes for this against a defense type. Kei's destabilizer did well against defense and not stamina, and (forget it, I don't even remember which type Kei's destabilizer did well against) in this situation, it's pretty darn close to beating stamina!

Edit 2: ah I was right, Kei's destabilizer did well against defense and not stamina

RSF is made of rubber, and has more grip, and less movement, unless you have the RBV7 mold. There is no "80" track, I guess you meant 85. I think the results for F are worse because it's aggro as an attack bottom.
FS results

Wing Pegasis 85FS VS Scythe Kronos BD145EDS
Wing: 3 (1-KO, 2-OS)
Scythe: 17 (all OS)

i think the problem was my FS. Wing would get hit and then FS would go in attack mode (circling the tornado ring). other then that, the battles where really close, i think if i use WD (for more stamina) it might work better.

as for WF tests. WF is too uncontrollable for it to work, and on 85 it wont stop scraping
Okay so can you test against something that isn't on BD145EDS? And maybe some comparative tests with Earth 100WD.
(Jan. 09, 2012  2:08 AM)Dan Wrote: Okay so can you test against something that isn't on BD145EDS? And maybe some comparative tests with Earth 100WD.

what combo would you like other then BD145EDS? i don't have many parts (i am seriously testing with one of the best combos i can make)
will do

i tried out Pound Attack Mode (2). it ain't to bad, gonna test it some more
ahh yes destablelizers the underdogs of the meta game if this proves valid and we get a decent destablizer this bey will be the first 4d i get cause

i love me some of dem destableisers
It is I the master of destabilisers *queue applause* For anyone who has no clue what that means I kinda revived them a bit and did quite a bit of testing on them. As such i'm quite surprised you contacted Shabba and not me but whatever.

Quote:Why calm over aggresive? I would think that an aggresive CS could make for a potential destabilizer. That doesnt mean that a calm one wouldnt be though.

The way I see it, SF, RSF, WF, XF, RF, LF, R2F, LRF, CS (calm), CS (aggresive) and F: D all have potential at destabilizing, if used with the right parts, like Blitz, and agianst the right opponents. Maybe MF as well, but I am not sure...

Um half of those clearly don't. I mean destablisers are supposed to have a decent amount of stamina so clearly any bottom with rubber except possibly RSF and some CS' won't do. Also FGrin would suck due to it's height and SF is already known to be good for them. Also a proper attack part like Blitz really wouldn't work.

On another note I really don't think bottoms like F, HF and WF are suitable just because of the way they're supposed to work. Destabilisers really aren't supposed to knock anything out(Kei's combo is a destabilising attacker FYI so it's different). I don't really see the point in bringing this back. Wing Pegasis 85F is not a destabiliser. It's a carp attack combo. Also Scythe is quite outdone by Phantom and Duo. There's no point in this thread at all. Destabiliser are dead and useless in the current metagame.
Maybe it's because Shaba made the original thread, and he and lord wolfblade are good friends?

Also, celebrate this all you like guys, but just keep the win rate (5% in the one set of testing, 15% on a different tip) in mind here, kay?

It would be good to keep in mind that ltsc's didn't just beat destabilisers, they outclassed them- beat them at their own game.
As it is, Destabilizer was never a type of its own in most cases. Usually classified as a Stamina combo, destabilizers are just combos (usually a mediocre, slightly aggressive stamina combo) which can destabilize...
So, we can speak either way for that. Smile
Quote:Wing Pegasis is not a destabilizer. Its a carp attack combo.
More clearly, an attack combo which destabilizes?

Well, I do know what you mean to say Ultra, but this combo is worth the try! Smile
I mean, let us see a few more tests, before we suppress it completely.
Looking at the results though, its actually not all that good. After a few more tests, if it gets similar results; then we can most probably patent this combo as yet another failed attempt at a destabilizer.
But yes, I am certainly impressed to see someone daring to bring in this factor of destabilization back into the game. Kudos!
Just that if the results would have been decent, we all would have rejoiced in unison!
lord Wolfblade- I think MF offers the most perfect speed for this combo(and also satisfies most of the conditions stated by Ultrablader above)... Only if it wasn't THAT tall...

EDIT- Beaten by th!nk.
Well yes, LTSCs... The thing is, availability also plays a major role there. And unfortunately for destabilizing beys, LTSCs are common...
The thing I don't understand is why this thread states that it is the "return of destabilizers" when they never left....what do you think Meteo CH120XF and LDD CH120XF were? lol ever notice how they make beys of the opposite direction unstable upon contact?
@Think:

If you're going to say something make sure it's actually true... Shabba did not make the original thread. The first thread was by a testing thread by Moss-da-boss, the second MC Frown in the advanced Forum, the third another testing thread by me and then the forth was a testing of a specific destabiliser combo by shabba... He had bearly even joined when the original thread was created.
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:19 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: @Think:

If you're going to say something make sure it's actually true... Shabba did not make the original thread. The first thread was by a testing thread by Moss-da-boss, the second MC Frown in the advanced Forum, the third another testing thread by me and then the forth was a testing of a specific destabiliser combo by shabba... He had bearly even joined when the original thread was created.

What difference does it make? You weren't the creator so your little glory speech holds no ground. Either way, this isn't the thread to talk about that.

Anyway, I tried this. It works but it a better extent when you have MF or XF on it. SF works but it makes it harder to OS certain things at times..at least for me.
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:18 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: The thing I don't understand is why this thread states that it is the "return of destabilizers" when they never left....what do you think Meteo CH120XF and LDD CH120XF were? lol ever notice how they make beys of the opposite direction unstable upon contact?

But well, they were either classified as Tornado-Stalling Attackers, or hybrid Spin-Steal combos. Smile
They were not combos which purely depended upon the factor of destabilization. Smile
Or wait, was this some sort of joke?
EDIT- As for your most recent post above me- I just stated that MF's height may be problematic. Is it so? Does the tall bottom affect the performance in a bad way?
Hm, good point, my apologies (though Spin-Sonic's rebuttal is a very valid one). However, seeing as he was obviously well aware of destabilisers and had knowledge of their function, what was so wrong about wolfblade speaking to him, and not you, considering that shabalabadoo and wolfblade are good friends? Honestly, your post just makes it sound like you're simply jealous of being left out here.

Spin-Sonic: I guess people make a distinction between "destabilisers", which only win by OS (which are then kinda silly to use SF on, seeing as they aren't going to KO stamina types, they aim to OS them by destabilising them, which is done just as well, and with more stamina, on WD, with no real increase in losses against defence combinations. In short, totally outclassed by LTSC*), and "destabilising attackers", which aim to beat stamina combinations via KO or at least knocking them around severely (see: MF LDrago 90WF). And yeah, most of us are aware that MF MLD CH120XF etc are just a progression of MF LDrago 90WF (albeit a fairly significant one), but yeah.

Sorry to rain on the parade like this Wolfblade, but yeah. I'd be interested to see Wing Pegasis 85WD vs the combo you've been testing against, though.

Fine yes maybe slightly jealous whatever. I agree with you on how useful these are though. As much as I liked these when they were kinda useful they just aren't anymore. The wins they get really aren't enough to be useful.
@th!nk- Ah, that is a valid point!
But th!nk, don't you think that by putting this combo on a WD, would instantly transform it into an LTSC?
And just as Destabilizers are outclassed by LTSCs, LTSCs are easy prey to even the most common attackers in the meta-game. So IMO, the tip-change might be a significant improvisation, but probably not relevant to the "destabilizer" theme of this thread. Smile
But probably you have something in your mind, which makes you suggest the tip change...
Um it wouldn't since to be a proper LTSC the MW would have to have decent stamina which Wing doesn't.
jan....No. Tornado-Stalling is what they were able to do. That was not their purpose. Trust me, I would know this. They only stole spin because they were in the opposite direction. And yes, they did rely on destabilization. Have you ever seen one of these combos against a CS opponent? Ever notice how CS cant get off its rubber since it is destabilized and then gets OSed from such a great loss of spin?

@think. Jealousy is exactly what it was. Nothing less. Also, as far as destabilization goes, people must have the wrong meaning then. To destabilize is to make unstable by any means necessary. It is not exclusive to certain tips. Even WD can do that lol. Seems like some things need to be redefined around here.
That's the whole point Jan. It does become an LTSC, because that's what all plain destabilisers became, and the change improved them in every way. SF doesn't really stand up to attack in any significant way where it would have any real advantage over WD.

I know it isn't relevant to the destabiliser theme, but the destabiliser theme itself* isn't relevant, and I sincerely doubt a straight destabiliser ever will be relevant again.

*this does not include destabilising attackers. I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up again eventually.

Spin-Sonic: Woah, hey, you and Kei agree on something. He's strongly pushed the point that destabilisation is not limited to SF etc, and that anything does it. It's just a matter of people being made aware of this.
Yes, that's true. Smile
But then, it would be a more inferior version of an LTSC.
I mean, it would be more easy to KO... I've never seen things based on a WD destabilize things, tbh. But yes, I may be completely wrong, as you are saying. Smile
But IMO, it would be even the more easier to defeat than an Earth LTSC. Earth is probably the standardized unit for Stamina type Metal Wheels as I see it. If something's better than Earth, only then is it a good Stamina type. Smile
OK, you already say that Wing isn't a good wheel anyway.
But the tip seems to play a MAJOR role in this... Confused
I don't know, I am unable to explain what I actually mean to say, argh!
EDIT- Beaten quite a many times...
Spin-Sonic- Well, you probably know more. I always believed them to be Tornado Stallers... Smile
@th!nk- Yes, true. Smile
But don't you think that the combo you made up, would actually be inferior to all of the current LTSCs?
So, its better off in trash... OK, now I think I can explain-
WD would make it an LTSC. Agreed. The LTSC would be inferior to most LTSCs, as Wing isn't a good/recognized as a Stamina wheel. So, it wouldn't solve any purpose.
Here, Wing should be put on something, upon which it could find some distinguished use... Something, what only Wing can do, and that also better than the others. That's probably the point of a new combo thread, where people choose parts which they think best suit the purpose. Smile
So, by pulling it out of a quarantined category, we bring it into the fast lane, where it is highly outclassed already... Smile
And hence, the improvisation is completely useless. Smile
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:40 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Um it wouldn't since to be a proper LTSC the MW would have to have decent stamina which Wing doesn't.

What are you talking about? The degree of which a metal wheel can perform stamina-wise does not determine its combo designation. If that's the case, Flame 100WD should no longer be considered an LTSC since it is outclassed by Phantom and many others...