Wing Pegasis 85SF: Return of the destablizer?

Semi-Important (Click to View)
after all that thinking and observing, here is what i got

coming soon:
Wing Pegasis 85FS//WF results.
i still have some more destablizing tests that i will do soon with LDrago Guardian (Click to View)
too those people who will suggest me to test vs combos:
i do not have any rubber defence bottoms, phantom, and basalt.
IMO, SF is an underestimated part in this metagame, however that was durring season 1. Now with basalt and 4D, way to many things outclass it.

Still, I would love to see destabilizers make a comeback. looking foward to future tests. Do you own a RSF?
leon: i agree. unfortunately i do not own RSF

Poseidon: originally i tried both 85 and 90. i was going to do some more with 90, but i was to lazy excited to do it. IIRC 90 was just slightly worse then winning, but then again i originally did only a couple battles with it. thanks for the suggestion i will try it
Hmm, Tbh I just think that MFB's getting way too heavy for getting destablised, it's one of the facts that are needed, the main being height. Then with BD145 being ussed it gets harder to destablise. This is properly the best destabliser your gonna get at the moment, with the change of tip maybe. I think WF would do better than SF aswell.
Yeah, give 90 a try with some tests. I can see how this works as a destabilizer. Could MF possibly work on this?
Poseidon:
i agree with you to an extent
lord Wolfblade Wrote:well, i hate duo

all the hits that wing would do that would of made scythe fly off and loose balance do nothing to duo... it is a freaking brick wall...

guardian is getting close, but that is because of equalization (hmmmm... i think i need to get a new meteo to do some testing...)
WF did do really well when i first tried it (it got close to winning), but i can't control it enough to hit well enough

Rai: i was just thinking that MF might do good myself. again another part that i need to get

to all: just want to point out, this is a very launch needed combo. if it isn't banked enough, or launched hard enough (i sometimes slipped making an around 90% power launch) it doesn't do good.
Why SF exactly? WD or D are better stamina tips, so perhaps they would improve the results.
(Jan. 07, 2012  11:03 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Why SF exactly? WD or D are better stamina tips, so perhaps they would improve the results.

because this isn't a stamina combo Tongue_out , its a destabilizer

i was actually going to try them (they were first on my list), but i forgot while watching SF smack Scythe around)

i do thing that FS (not SF) should do better then them though, for wing to destabilize BD145, it needs to be angled, and i can see WD and D not doing that well when heavily banked
It probably won't do good against phantom and duo, with how bad the Scythe results were.
I have a RSF and 90 but don't have Wing.
(Jan. 07, 2012  11:06 PM)sum 472 Wrote: It probably won't do good against phantom and duo, with how bad the Scythe results were.

don't forget, i still have more to test and i still need to get the launch right. i was only starting to really get wins in after the halfway mark, when i had a better idea on how much to bank to win

IMO this is fairly good results considering i started testing based on some random observations
Are any of the other modes good for destabilizing? or does the slope get in the way?
Thanks Lord Wolfblade, you may revive the destabilizer!
(Jan. 07, 2012  11:23 PM)sum 472 Wrote: Are any of the other modes good for destabilizing? or does the slope get in the way?
Thanks Lord Wolfblade, you may revive the destabilizer!

i need to try them out some more, but i believe "1" lost stamina to quickly, and i can't really remember what "2" was like, IIRC it was in between "1" and "0" for performance
your welcome
(Jan. 07, 2012  11:03 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Why SF exactly? WD or D are better stamina tips, so perhaps they would improve the results.

The preferred characteristics of destabilizers is 'hit & run'. So it hits the opponent, stays for a fraction of a second, then it spins out of the way, since if it stays longer like by using stamina bottoms, it risks itself from being force-smashed. FS/SF bottoms provide this characteristics. Although, these days, both bottoms are no longer optimal. Maybe RSF?
Ahem, I was included in these PM's, hahaha

I think this is so cool, I really hope it works out. Destabilizing BD145, sweet!

I think RSF may be too tall. If the height change from 80 to 90 gave worse results, I think RSF would do the same?

I also think SF gives better results than F because the hits are more frequent because it travels a shorter distance?

I have high hopes for this against a defense type. Kei's destabilizer did well against defense and not stamina, and (forget it, I don't even remember which type Kei's destabilizer did well against) in this situation, it's pretty darn close to beating stamina!

Edit 2: ah I was right, Kei's destabilizer did well against defense and not stamina
(Jan. 08, 2012  5:12 AM)Uwik Wrote: Maybe RSF?

personally, i do not thing RSF would work

having less stamina (and if RSF has more height then SF, can remember if it does, having more height) will be worse. and i can't really think of what RSF would give to the combo, more stability?

i do thing MF will do great with this though (now i want a MSF)

did results for Wing 85F:
Wing pegasis 85F VS Scythe kronos BD145EDS
Wing: 1 (ko)
scythe: 19 (all outspin)

With F i saw allot of destabilization, but in the end F ran out of stamina way to quickly (it got close to winning allot though)

i tried doing WF, but i gave up after lots of scraping and selfKOing
I just want to really highlight that "0" is not the appropriate name for the mode at all, and that we should probably not spread that.
(Jan. 08, 2012  5:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I just want to really highlight that "0" is not the appropriate name for the mode at all, and that we should probably not spread that.

sorry, i didn't know what the modes are called (i do know now, just checked), i will fix it now

Done F results. OP updated
(Jan. 07, 2012  10:54 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: Poseidon:
i agree with you to an extent
lord Wolfblade Wrote:well, i hate duo

all the hits that wing would do that would of made scythe fly off and loose balance do nothing to duo... it is a freaking brick wall...

guardian is getting close, but that is because of equalization (hmmmm... i think i need to get a new meteo to do some testing...)
WF did do really well when i first tried it (it got close to winning), but i can't control it enough to hit well enough

Rai: i was just thinking that MF might do good myself. again another part that i need to get

to all: just want to point out, this is a very launch needed combo. if it isn't banked enough, or launched hard enough (i sometimes slipped making an around 90% power launch) it doesn't do good.

If I were you, I probably wouldn't select MF. Confused
It is WAY too tall for destabilizers. And, as you need to destabilize a BD145 combo, something THAT tall might be a trade off. Still, I won't say much as I own none of the parts which were suggested/used for testing. Smile
lord Wolblade, if this works well, I'll be SO happy! I have always seen, and sometimes acquired easy wins against BD145 combos by destabilization. This is much needed proof for me (read- for us) to be able to believe that I was kinda... Not wrong! XD

Any requests ? I can do tests once I finish my left over homework.
Yay!!! Finally my favourite type.... Great..
I would like to get this tested against MF-H Basalt BD145 CS.
And can you try the HF tip in place of SF?
Could you try doing a calm CS please ? I think it may have some potetial as a destabliser tip in this case.
Why calm over aggresive? I would think that an aggresive CS could make for a potential destabilizer. That doesnt mean that a calm one wouldnt be though.

The way I see it, SF, RSF, WF, XF, RF, LF, R2F, LRF, CS (calm), CS (aggresive) and F: D all have potential at destabilizing, if used with the right parts, like Blitz, and agianst the right opponents. Maybe MF as well, but I am not sure...
Yo, you do realise that destabilisers were directly outclassed by LTSC's, right? As in, SF didn't do anything but make them worse.

(Jan. 08, 2012  5:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I just want to really highlight that "0" is not the appropriate name for the mode at all, and that we should probably not spread that.

Maybe, but it's a lot easier to understand for everyone, given Wing's ridonkulous mode names.