Wide Survivor

This is a ROUGH draft, and my first article. I've now had this part for two years, and have had plenty of experience with it.

Weight: 12 grams

Wide Survivor is a very unique weight disk in that it is almost perfectly circular, except two very small bumps where you can place flint. It is also one of the rarest WDs, because it was only available in Takara Random Boosters and Tournament Ground Limiteds. Wide Survivor is very sought after among advanced players.

Use In Zombie Customization:
Wide Survivor is a staple for all zombie customizations, as it's a perfect circle so it increases the "Life After Death" ability that zombie's possess. Here are different examples for the different generations of zombies:

1st Generation Zombie:
AR: Roller Defense
WD: Wide Survivor
BB: Bearing Base

2nd Generation Zombie:
AR: Tiger Defense
SG: Right/Left SG Bearing
BB: SG Bearing Base/Defense Grip Base 2

3rd Generation Zombie:
SG: Neo Left/Right (Double Bearing Version)
BB: Customize Grip Base
SP: Cross Survivor/Defense Ring/Survivor Ring/Twin Guard

Use In Attack Customization:
Wide Survivor can also be used in many attack customizations, although Wide Defense would be a better choice as it has more weight on the outside. Wide Survivor is a good choice is you don't have Wide Defense, as it has almost of it's weight on the outside. Here is an example:

AR: Triple Wing
WD: Wide Survive
SG: Neo Right
BB: Storm Grip
I haven't had the chance to use Wide Survivor before, so I can't say much about it, but this article looks good.

Has Brad approved your Wiki account yet?
Why Upper Claw?
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Why Upper Claw?

Yeah, there are much better ARs for Upper, but...
I'd think that, in an Attack combination, the Wide Survivor would be better for Smash, rather than Upper Attack.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:23 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:34 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Why Upper Claw?

Yeah, there are much better ARs for Upper, but...
I'd think that, in an Attack combination, the Wide Survivor would be better for Smash, rather than Upper Attack.

Correct! Triple Wing and Eight Spiker will both be much better.
I'll edit them, but in my testing with Eight Spiker/Wide Survivor I haven't seen very good results. The weight disk is too wide for a real connect with the spikes. I haven't used Wide Survivor all that much for Attack purposes, but I've seen great results with Upper Claw/Wide Survivor.

I don't have a wiki account yet, I haven't taken the time to do so.
I like Wide Defense for my attack combos. I like the weight distribution. Also, its not too heavy or too light.
(Sep. 10, 2008  2:44 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: I like Wide Defense for my attack combos. I like the weight distribution. Also, its not too heavy or too light.

I said this in the article, Wide Survivor is an upgrade to 10 Wide for attack, but it's outclassed by Wide Defense.
I actually think Ten Wide would be better, honestly.
(Sep. 10, 2008  3:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I actually think Ten Wide would be better, honestly.

I agree, now looking at the weights for both. Pinching_eyes

I'll correct the article in the morning. I'm going to bed
you forgot Gabriel's twin horn for a zombie Tongue_out *im obsessed with the AR at present, so i do apologise if it's irrelevant*
^ He was just giving examples. This article is about Wide Survivor, not Zombies.
^ I know, but he was on about survivor in use in zombie customization and he forgot twin horn. But there's plenty of other zombies to choose from anyway, so it doesn't matter.
(Sep. 10, 2008  12:17 AM)Evan Wrote: Weight: 12 grams

Wide Survivor is a very unique weight disk in that it is almost perfectly circular, except for two very small bumps. Only available through Takara Random Boosters and Tournament Ground Limiteds, Wide Survivor is one of the rarest and most sought after Weight Disks due to its competitive use.

Wide Survivor is a staple for all zombie customizations due to its almost perfectly circular shape, which contributes to the "Life After Death" effect that all Zombie Customization's possess. Examples of Zombie Customizations utilizing Wide Survivor are listed below:

1st Generation Zombie:
AR: Roller Defense

2nd Generation Zombie:
SG: Right/Left SG Bearing
BB: SG Bearing Base/Defense Grip Base 2

3rd Generation Zombie:
SG: Neo Left/Right (Double Bearing Version)
BB: Customize Grip Base
SP: Cross Survivor/Defense Ring/Survivor Ring/Twin Guard

Wide Survivor can also be used in many attack customization as a substitute for Wide Defense, as Wide Defense has more outward weight distribution. The combination listed below is one known use for Wide Survivor in an attack customization.

AR: Triple Wing
SG: Neo Right
BB: Storm Grip

Overall
Wide Survivor's use in both Zombie and Attack customization makes it a very well sought after part, but its rarity makes it difficult to obtain. Therefore, any serious competitive player should own at least one Wide Survivor

Bumping this, edited a bunch of things. Seeing as how this dates back a week shy of 4 years ago, I am sure a lot of this information is outdated now.
I went through all of the articles here recently, so I was aware of this.

It has some useful aspects but it needs a lot of work from a factual standpoint, particularly in the combos and that Spark Disk isn't mentioned at all.

Not to mention the formatting, both in terms of wikitext and formatting.

As I said in my post, I'm currently working on all weight disk articles, barring Magne Weight Disk, and I already have a Wide Survivor draft about half-completed lying around.
Quote:Weight: 12 Grams

Wide Survivor is a unique weight disk based on the fact that it's completely round, save for the two notches on either end of the Disk. Although rare, these aspects make it out to be as one of the most used in Stamina and Zombie combos. Wide Survivor can also be utilized in Attack Combinations, but Wide Defense is still the superior option, due to the weight distribution.

Note: Wide Survivor is the same as the Spark Disk, except without flints.

Wide Survivor is a staple for all Zombie Combinations, due to the fact that it's completely circular, which aids in the "Life After Death" function that all Zombies possess. Here are some examples throughout the generations:

1st Generation Zombie:
AR: Roller Defenser

2nd Generation Zombie:
AR: Tiger Defenser (Driger S)
SG: Left SG (Bearing Version)
SG Shaft: Bearing Version 2 (Wolborg 2)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2)

3rd Generation Zombie:
AR: Twin Horn (Gabriel)
SG: Neo Left (Double Bearing Version) (Burning Kerberous)
SG Shaft: Bearing Version 2 (Wolborg 2)
BB: Customize Grip Base (Dragoon V2)
SP: Defense Ring (Voltaic Ape)

As previously noted, Wide Survivor can be used in Attack Combinations as a second choice behind Wide Defense. Here are some examples:

AR: Triple Tiger/Triple Wing
SG: Neo Right Spin Gear (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Inverted Tip) (Seaborg)

AR: Dragon Saucer (Gaia Dragoon G)
Sub-AR: Screw Zeus (Zeus)
SG: Neo Right Spin Gear (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Inverted Tip) (Seaborg)

Overall:

Wide Survivor is one of the most sought after and rare Weight Disks of all time. It has very favorable features for Zombie Combinations and has uses in Attack Combinations. Overall, Wide Survivor is essential to any competitive blader's collection

Almost a complete rewrite, any thoughts?
Weight Disk and Disk need to be capitalised all the time throughout the article, but other than that, if everybody agrees on the content, then this draft is cool.
Looks good to me. Great update. Maybe add that the flints are really hard to get out of the Spark Disks to actually make a Wide Survivor though? It's up to you guys. They can go for really cheap on YJA is all, and I wouldnt want people to buy them thinking that they could easily turn them into legal Wide Survivors. I had to drill mine out. Lol. Technically making them illegal at that point I would think. I still use them, they are exactly the same, but I would use my actual Wide Survivors for a tourney or something
(Feb. 12, 2016  2:28 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Looks good to me. Great update. Maybe add that the flints are really hard to get out of the Spark Disks to actually make a Wide Survivor though? It's up to you guys. They can go for really cheap on YJA is all, and I wouldnt want people to buy them thinking that they could easily turn them into legal Wide Survivors. I had to drill mine out. Lol. Technically making them illegal at that point I would think. I still use them, they are exactly the same, but I would use my actual Wide Survivors for a tourney or something

Noted. It's assumed that you aren't even allowed to modify parts at all, however.

Anyone else have anything to say? I think we're good to go otherwise, but I'm going to wait for more opinions.
Try tagging those whose opinion you want hah?
Since the disk technically never touches the ground, wouldn't labelling it as assisting with LAD be incorrect? I would think that it helps more during the battle when it comes to contact with the opponent.

I also think that someone @[Ultra]-knowledgeable about Plastics might be able to help. Or @[~Stoney~].
The zombie article on beywiki literally says for Wide Survivor "Its perfectly circular shape allows for life-after-death".

I'd say whether it touches the ground would depend on the angle really. According to the zombie article it helps the LAD and in battle. I'll probably play around to see since I don't really know tbh.
Aside from what the beywiki article says, I´d say that its perfectly circular shape does improve the bey´s survival ability in battle by avoiding any recoil from the opponent (or the ground, which like Ultra said depends on the angle), but just like *Ginga* I don´t see any reason why it should help LAD. Zombie as such is stealing spin from the other beyblade, which does require a certain amount of contact and with that also recoil, so from a physical point of view there´s actually no way that wide survivor itself could steal any spin. Maybe this should be changed in beywiki.
? It's the round nature of the zombie that steal spin from the other blade. And Wide Survivor is round. Also Wide Survivor makes contact with the other bey so i'm not sure what you're on about really.
How is that supposed to work? "Stealing spin" means angular momentum transfer from one beyblade to the other. If there are no points interlocking, which is the case when one of both parts is perfectly round, it's physically impossible that spin is transferred from one bey to the other, even if there is contact (which I don't deny, I actually meant the missing recoil or interlocking of parts). You can steal spin with the AR or the base, but this WD can only support the survival ability. I'd rather say Zombie steals spin with rather compact parts, but just round (and as such smooth) physically just doesn't make sense.