Why isn’t G3 banned?

Title says it all. It’s TIGHTER than mG with an A mold.. what else is there to say lmao
A ban is currently being considered by the committee.
This doesn't need a thread, a detailed discussion was going on on the WBO Rules thread.
And The committee members are looking into it.
Kei also put his views about the ban of Sr, mG and G3 a while ago.
Quoting it.
(Apr. 30, 2018  2:35 PM)Kei Wrote: There's been talk lately about potential bans on Spriggan Requiem and Garuda G3. I got my Garuda G3 this weekend, had a tournament on Saturday, and did some testing for a few hours last night so I figured now I can finally give a more informed opinion about how we should proceed.

Spriggan Requiem
Spriggan Requiem was abused to no end by the top players here in Toronto this weekend. It seemed even worse than it was before because instead of trying to counter Sr Bearing with Nightmare Longinus (although this still happened a few times unsuccessfully), many of us realized we could counter Sr Bearing with Sr on tighter drivers like Atomic, Destroy, or Revolve and still have the ability to OS many other things. Obviously, going from using an Attack type to using the same Layer to counter the same Layer is a bad look in terms of metagame diversity. It's obvious that Sr has become too centralizing.

Even so, because Bloody Longinus is already out, I feel it would be responsible to get some testing on that done quickly before making a decision. Normally I wouldn't advise waiting, but since bL is out and we've heard that it might be even better than nL, it's worth taking an extra week or two to decide. Our main priority at this point is to ensure the game is as balanced as possible for BeyDays at the end of next month, so we have time.

Garuda G3
Garuda G3 should be banned from Burst Format and Hasbro Only Burst Format, flat out. Here's a few reasons why based on my testing last night:

- I had heard that G3 had worse stamina than mG, but in my testing with a mirror match between the two, the loser was always whoever was launched first. Maybe there's a difference between the two, but it didn't seem very noticeable.
- G3 on Atomic is roughly as tight as mG on Orbit (for me anyways), but despite that, no matter what I through at it, G3 Atomic lost practically 0% of its slope at the end of each round. Can't be KOed. Can't be bursted. mG on Atomic is well-balanced because it gets bursted so easily, but I think we can't allow for G3 to remain in the game if G3 Atomic is tighter than mG on Atomic. There's a reason TT designed it that way, but Hasbro seems to have ignored it. We simply can't allow something with both high stamina and ridiculous defense to exist in the game.

Maximum Garuda
In thinking about a potential ban for Sr and G3, it also occurred to me that it might be worth re-evaluating Maximum Garuda as well. One of the reasons why unbanning mG was made possible was because of Spriggan Requiem. If Sr is banned, then mG becomes more threatening despite its more well-balanced design in comparison to G3.

That being said, despite it being more well-balanced, I found that in my testing last night mG on Orbit felt a lot more difficult to burst than I remembered it being (it did lose roughly 80% of its slide each time, but rarely bursted. That's much more than G3 on Atomic did, mind you) ... I tested it before and stationary sX was able to burst it pretty consistently. This time I was using my tightest Orbit Driver on mG, so I'm not sure if that's what was causing the issue. I'm curious to hear what you guys think about mG on Orbit and how to best counter it.

Regardless, I'm starting to feel again that the game would be objectively better if mG was also banned. mG's design is just too much of a radical departure from everything else in the series. It's never seemed fair to most Attack types because it just absorbs hits so well and has basically zero recoil.