Why do people make fun of me for doing what I like?

(Dec. 22, 2017  4:16 AM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2017  3:52 AM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote: Hello! It happened to me when when I was in college. But, with time people grow up and in high school, I hears nobody really laughing at me, some of them were surprised, but that's it. With maturity, they can understand that we can have passions.
But, fo today, what I can advice you is to prepare yourself to endure and to answer something intelligent. Be prepared to remarks and to answer them. They can see this in a better way after some intelligent words.
And by moments you'll just never change some idiots mentality. ^^
Hang on!

wait...First U r in college and then in high school??????
Ur profile says U r 18yrs old...Soooo...How can U be in college??
Sorry for being off topic...
Uh... Maybe I'm wrong with the name xD You know, on France "college" is composed of four grades and you go there when you're 11-15 years old ^^

Oh ok, now I see.
I'm at the university today, so the college.
Before high school I were at the secondary school. Am I right, now? ^^
(Dec. 22, 2017  10:13 AM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2017  4:16 AM)Eleanor Wrote: wait...First U r in college and then in high school??????
Ur profile says U r 18yrs old...Soooo...How can U be in college??
Sorry for being off topic...
Uh... Maybe I'm wrong with then name xD You know, on France "college" is composed of four grades and you go there when you're 11-15 years old ^^

Oh ok, now I see.

Yeah...Now it seems to be correct to me...
(Dec. 22, 2017  2:39 PM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Dec. 22, 2017  10:13 AM)Bl4ck-Ou7 Wrote: Uh... Maybe I'm wrong with then name xD You know, on France "college" is composed of four grades and you go there when you're 11-15 years old ^^

Oh ok, now I see.

Yeah...Now it seems to be correct to me...
Sorry haha, differences between countries ^^
I used to be in this type of situation. Matter of fact, the teasing hasn't died down since recently. To get to my point, I remember a few months ago, During a party I had, my friends saw a beyblade video on my computer. They started ridiculing me and saying it was stupid. Since they already teased me about liking anime, this incident didn't help. But I wasn't afraid to admit I liked this stuff. I took pride in my interests and then they chose to stop. Occasionally I get the "weeb" or "childish" comment, but I don't let it bother me. For a while, it did. Don't ever give up on the things you like because the kids tease you. Now i'm a high school freshman and others are more mature about things like this, but it all boils down to it being something teens do. Don't let them harass you.
(Nov. 07, 2017  6:59 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: So in school, everytime my friends see me watching beyblade vids on the bus or anywhere, they make fun of me and have the sudden urge to scream (my name) Is watching beyblades. I tried to be quiet and not respond, and other things to make them stop talking. carp off already, can people just accept that I like to do this. This has been happening for two grades and people still think it's funny. I cannot let them see my screen when watching beyblades, and try to hide it, why must I hide it, can't I just be happy?

tch. they are just making fun of you because they think that beyblades aren't cool anymore,when in reality they are missing out on the awesome action.

#LET IT RIP FOR THE WORLD
People make fun of other people when they don't understand. When somebody is ignorant of a certain topic, they tend to fallback to whatever current knowledge they have of the topic. Most people phased out of beyblades and anime at a young age so they attest such passions and hobbies to their childhood. Which is why they think people who still enjoy such hobbies are children because they don't empathize with the person with these interests.

I would say being bullied about such passions is a natural occurence and such times should be treated as learning experiences. Take the time to understand that people who tease others of their passions are ignorant and you just have to accept it. They don't know about it as much as you do, and as such won't understand.

I like to share my passions by gladly admitting that it's and embarassing hobby. But I express my feelings towards they toys. My reason for loving beyblades is for the nostalgic factor. Another reason is that I really enjoy the technical aspects when it comes to improving performance and custom builds. I purchased beyblades to have more options when experimenting with combinations and I also love to create custom tournament formats. My dream as a child was to own lots of beyblades to try all the different combinations I never realized. As I grew older and earned my own money, I started to fuffilled my passion by growing my collection. Beyblades mean something to me because they are part of who I am and what I represent.

Learn why you enjoy beyblade. People can make fun of you for liking a children's game but nobody can take away the reason behind it. Learn how to properly express your passion and people will become more accepting. Beyblades are colloquially known for their innocence and childhood experiences. Understand how to answer common questions regarding your hobby and you'll definitely get people on your side.

People know that beyblades used to be cool. But they don't know why they are STILL cool. Let them know that you think they're cool, and if they disagree then that's their loss.

I'm glad that you asked the community instead of dealing with this issue yourself. Anybody else who has similar issue should take your example.
I think it' is mostly the younger generation that will make fun of you. With all this social media kids will try to act like adults, and make fun of you for doing kid things. Young kids should be playing with toys. No shame in that. ppl will make fun of things they dont understand.Just know as you get older less and less people will care about what you do. I felt once I was in college everyone had their own individuality. I wasn't into beyblade anymore when I was in college. But, I saw the new mfb and bought some. I displayed them in my dorm and people thought they were cool. 

Just do what makes you happy.
They are just making fun of you because either they are poor as hell to afford any beyblade (since the tt stadiums are expensive as, ~what?), too much of a chicken to enjoy what they like (there are plenty of chicken out in the world) <--[because of this, my stomach started to growl, lol], or they are just stupid and bored(if it's this then just ignore them as much as possible, since they are just a waste of your time. They will just eventually get bored again and do something else).
Haters gonna hate, drop the shades and carry on my friends.
(Nov. 07, 2017  6:59 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: So in school, everytime my friends see me watching beyblade vids on the bus or anywhere, they make fun of me and have the sudden urge to scream (my name) Is watching beyblades. I tried to be quiet and not respond, and other things to make them stop talking. carp off already, can people just accept that I like to do this. This has been happening for two grades and people still think it's funny. I cannot let them see my screen when watching beyblades, and try to hide it, why must I hide it, can't I just be happy?

Same happened to me, just stop mentioning or talking/watching anything related to beyblade in school, in the next day just tell them that beyblade sucks & now you hate it just like them & they will stop all the bullying, good luck Wink
(Nov. 07, 2017  8:41 AM)Eleanor Wrote: The same exact thing happens with me....whenever I watch any anime...I hide my phone screen from not only My frnds but from my  family too...My sister still  laugh at me for watching animes...she says" U r about to graduate and still U watch cartoons"... and the main irritation is that everyone..almost everyone I know consider me a kid....Just Today...I was travelling in train....I was watching " Ao no Exorcist"... people behind me were laughing and saying bad things about me...saying this girl still watches cartoons....

So sometimes I become sad...that I think nobody cares what I actually do...they just make fun of me and laugh at my misery...

Just if U cant cooperate with this generation...like taking selfies all the time...talking bad bad words...and doing adult stuff...U will be considered wierd...and people will laugh at ur misery and ignore U....thats what happens with me...
Anime and cartoons can be our ambition, if we want.
And nobody can take our hobbies and interests.
You definitely Do the right thing, everyone of us by being different. If  you ask me, I dont wouldnt want to live on a planet where every human just thinks of succes, money and the fun of making you suffer.
Refering to you, Eleanor, that is a Very sad, but important story and Message. Thank you for being honest.

When I was younger I believed in the chance, the possibility of being the Best at school. I was never good at making friends, so I guessed that perfect marks could have helped me with forgetting about my lonelyness. But few years later I left school and met people Who inspired me to watch animes. I drew a lot, I watched animes and read mangas, but a lot of people still seemed to hate me, even because of that and even if they like this stuff, too. I always kept my interests, even today, even if my New school is full of people Who only think of school and popularity. I am still an Outsider, but I am not afraid of showing it by Taking my Lost Longinus with me EVERY DAY.
This is my way to Show them that I am different and that's better to believe in something weird than to go down in cold and rough reality.
There's a song called Lasse Redn from a German band called the doctors (here's the link with english subtitles https://youtu.be/BadvUZNhZfI ). I often listened to this song when I got bullied. It made me feel better. There's a simple message behind this song: Just ignore the blaspheming of the mean guys and instead focus on your real friends. Real friends always stand behind you and don't try to make you feel bad for what you like. Real friends support you the best they can and always stand behind you and support you. In the past I got bullied because I play Beyblade and they said to me I'll never be successful if I'm wasting my time with "kids toys". But for me Beyblade is more than a game. It's my life long passion and I've found many good friends through it. Beyblade tought me so much and I won't quit just because of a few jerks trying to feel better by making other people feel bad. After people noticed that I gained confidence and that they can't take away my passion they stopped bullying me. Now I have a hobby, a successful YouTube channel and most importantly friends for life while they are lost in a grey, dark and emotionless world without friends and any passion.

What I'm trying to tell you, in a nutshell: Just be yourself and do what you like the most. Don't let other people bring you down and simply ignore them. One day they will stop when they notice that nothing can harm you. Just stay calm and don't let them bring you down. They just have fun in making you suffer and that's no hobby but playing beyblade is.

My pe teacher said that greatness doesn't come from body height or what you achive but from the mind and always getting back up and don't let others bring you down.

Sincerely, TurboLibra14
question: what do you call a nerd in 30 years?

answer: BOSS
(Feb. 08, 2018  4:21 PM)DraconicArt Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2017  8:41 AM)Eleanor Wrote: The same exact thing happens with me....whenever I watch any anime...I hide my phone screen from not only My frnds but from my  family too...My sister still  laugh at me for watching animes...she says" U r about to graduate and still U watch cartoons"... and the main irritation is that everyone..almost everyone I know consider me a kid....Just Today...I was travelling in train....I was watching " Ao no Exorcist"... people behind me were laughing and saying bad things about me...saying this girl still watches cartoons....

So sometimes I become sad...that I think nobody cares what I actually do...they just make fun of me and laugh at my misery...

Just if U cant cooperate with this generation...like taking selfies all the time...talking bad bad words...and doing adult stuff...U will be considered wierd...and people will laugh at ur misery and ignore U....thats what happens with me...
Anime and cartoons can be our ambition, if we want.
And nobody can take our hobbies and interests.
You definitely Do the right thing, everyone of us by being different. If  you ask me, I dont wouldnt want to live on a planet where every human just thinks of succes, money and the fun of making you suffer.
Refering to you, Eleanor, that is a Very sad, but important story and Message. Thank you for being honest.

When I was younger I believed in the chance, the possibility of being the Best at school. I was never good at making friends, so I guessed that perfect marks could have helped me with forgetting about my lonelyness. But few years later I left school and met people Who inspired me to watch animes. I drew a lot, I watched animes and read mangas, but a lot of people still seemed to hate me, even because of that and even if they like this stuff, too. I always kept my interests, even today, even if my New school is full of people Who only think of school and popularity. I am still an Outsider, but I am not afraid of showing it by Taking my Lost Longinus with me EVERY DAY.
This is my way to Show them that I am different and that's better to believe in something weird than to go down in cold and rough reality.

Thank U very much DraconicArt...For ur kind words and ur story is also good....
And all the best to U and ur partner Lost Longinus for ur future battles...
(Nov. 07, 2017  7:28 PM)Eleanor Wrote: Thank U...everyone...talking to U guys...sure gives strength to move on with this hobby....and dont even care what other people think about us...

That's what I call strong Team. And that's what we are. We're not only strong and experienced bladers, we're especially strong humen Who are worth it to be admired. Smile

(Nov. 09, 2017  2:49 AM)Eleanor Wrote: Well I will say one thing...yesterday...during my practical class in College...the one thing happened I never imagined...the girls in our class were talking and shouting about beyblade...mainly about their beyblade collection...so I asked those girls about we can have our own tournaments in college...Everyone was happy about that...but sadly all our beyblades r not with Us anymore...

They Even know about WBO...More than me...but when I asked them to join WBO..they were very sad that how they couldnt give time to any social networking site right now since Exams r approaching...
We even talked our fav hero in beyblade...and It seems like Only I was a fan of Tyson...everygirl in our class was a total fan girl of Kai...about how he is so cool and does use Dranzer so cooly

The day was the best day of me...
My frnds all had the MFB blades...and I never ever imagined their knowledge of beyblades...while talking about Pegesus and L drago...I remember...one of my frnds said" Why should boys have all the fun??"

Almost two years ago something similar happened at my school near the Appartement where I used to live with some other Boys and girls. My Best buddy left his old Appartement and came to us. That was the time when almost everyone wanted to See us batteling. Just like the little kid with his faked Rey Unicorno launching it and shouting: GO Masamune!!!!
Best Meme ever XD