Why I think Takao is better than Gingka

Hello there everyone, in this post I will be expressing my opinion on why the "Bakuten Shoot Beyblade" protagonist "Takao Kinomiya (Tyson Granger in the dub)" is a better protagonist then the "Metal Fight Beyblade" protagonist "Gingka Hagane." I will be talking about ;strength, character, spirit, blades, design and themes. I will be using the Japanese dub as sources but sometimes use the English dub because not all episodes are subbed (you're doing a great job Siliva2!) I hope you all enjoy.
Strength:
In beyblade strength is stated to be not important but I still will be comparing the 2.
Gingka was shown to destroy an island and beat someone who destroy earth (it is widely accepted that if you can be stronger then someone who destroy something with their raw strength, you can destroy the same thing).
In season 1 Takao had a battle with Yuriy/Tala, who was able to surpass time and space sending him and Takao to another dimension because of his willpower and Blitzalogs raw power, yet Takao still beat him even though Yuriy had most of the holy beasts.
Character:
When I was first watching MFB Gingkas character was most of the time unlikable, he was whiny and continuously preaching the bladers spirit. He started off weak but only got strong because of Pegasus, he never trains seriously and when he lost Pegasus he became depressed and didn't do anything until his father told him where to find a new one, he didn't try to get Pegasus back nor did he ask how to.
Takao was someone who I could relate to, competitive and cocky and even though lots of viewers complained about this, he slowly matured as the series progresses while it took Gingka 7 years. His bey spirit preaching wasn't annoying and overused, he only did it to those who needed it like Yuriy, Kane and Brooklyn and got it through to them but Gingka only did it every battle and it only got through to Kyoya and Ryuga. Takaos personality was natural to me, he gets cocky when he wins (which was the main point of the start of season 2) he gets angry when betrayed and he isn't afraid to speak his thoughts and he doesn't get depressed when he lost Seiryu, he got determined to get him back and in the manga when Zeo beat Takao and stole Sieryu, Takao immediately challenge him again and won.
Spirit:
Now for the big one, the bladers spirit.
Gingkas spirit was strong enough to revive Pegasus and evolve it into Galaxy Pegasus, his STAMINA ,not his pain, is shared with Pegasus.
Takaos spirit was strong enough to change the heart of an enraged omnipotent being (Brooklyn), who was destroying everything and plunging the world into darkness (in the dub he teleported everyone to another dimension). He talks about how his friends and rivals will power is always with him and his bond with Sieryu was so strong that they share the same pain as Kai in the dub states "there's a good chance t
Tyson might lose this one but he knows exactly what he's doing. It's the only way to protect his bit beast. Tyson and his Dragoon have a connection that is merely hard to explain, when one is hurt so is the other."
And in his battle with Brooklyn his spirit and bond allowed him to fly.
Blades:
I've already talked about their strength so here I will be comparing the IRL blades
Now we all know the plastics can't beat the metals however Takao has 3 metal blades; Dragoon Metal Storm, Dragoon Metal Storm Ultimate Version and Dragoon Metal Fantom. And if you've seen theses blades fight any of the Pegasuses on YouTube most of the time it's Dragoon.
Design:
Gingkas design was lazy and unoriginal, it's just a rip-off of Johnny from the Majestics
Takaos design was unoriginal too, with the cap and jacket, but wasn't ripping anyone off
Themes:
In my opinion Takao had incredible themes, the first one was hard rocking and the secound one was motivating while Gingkas 6 themes were the same boring instrumentals (I usually love instrumental music but Gingkas theme was bad) the 6th one did change it up but was at most ok
Gingkas themes: http://youtu.be/OqY5Ss0umqU http://youtu.be/LEPZ6sBZGXc http://youtu.be/P77NFxomlyE http://youtu.be/hxKLH9orzKM http://youtu.be/lfKwnTOeA3c http://youtu.be/gAOHpTSSBsA
Takaos theme: http://youtu.be/TegJ0xoUbyo http://youtu.be/JBURvw1GPV8
Anyway thank you for reading and I will like to know who was a better character and who will win in a fight and why? I will also know out of Takao Kinomiya, Gingka Hagane, Zyro Kuragane and Valto Aoi who is your favourite and why?

I would also mention Takao started off good even without Seiryu and was shown in the manga to win battles against strong opponents without him

If anyone likes this post I might create one on Kai vs Kyoya and Bakuten Shoot vs Metal Fight
That was a rather interesting essay. I would be very curious to read what your opinion of Takao versus Ginga versus Valt is, too.

To me, most of the points you brought up highlight why the whole Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series was the best though, not necessarily Takao himself in all areas hah.

By the way, this belongs in the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum, so I will move it there.
My favourite main character is Valt Aoi.
He is a normal blader like bladers in real life. Takao,Gingka and Zero instead no.
Why do you like that he is just like anybody else, with nothing special for him?
(Aug. 05, 2016  3:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why do you like that he is just like anybody else, with nothing special for him?

I think Valt is a decent light-hearted main character. Of course, Takao is probably still my favourite of the four protagonists but what Valt has that trumps over the other protagonists is that he actually felt like a kid which made him more relatable to the target audience. I mean yes, Takao is more child-like too (in the first series) but I personally found Valt to be way more like an actual kid than Takao.

Ginga and Zero never felt like kids at all which made them less relatable to the target audience. Yeah, I know MFB is a darker series than Burst which might explain why they felt more like older teens/small adults but they are probably only 12-14 so it's just kinda awkward to be honest. I'm not saying that Ginga or Zero (as a whole) are worse protagonists than Valt, I'm just saying that they don't feel like children whethers Valt does making him more relatable than Ginga and Zero.
(Aug. 05, 2016  3:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why do you like that he is just like anybody else, with nothing special for him?

While it can make for a boring plot, it makes him more relatable to the average person. For one, he actually goes to school like normal children rather than traveling the world or destroying evil spinning tops, which is unrealistic.

I actually diskile Valt's similarity to SpongeBob, it makes me cringe.
Apparently I am the only one who has always wanted to relate to people with better lives than normal, forcing myself to improve personally and all.
(Aug. 05, 2016  4:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Apparently I am the only one who has always wanted to relate to people with better lives than normal, forcing myself to improve personally and all.

Beyblade Burst is aimed towards kids 6-11 right?! It doesn't need to be all "deep and meaningful" in order to be good. It can still be light-hearted and kid friendly in order for kids to understand and relate to it.
...6-11???!!!! XD

Ok the thing about the whole Tyson vs Gingka is that I like both of them. However, I grew up knowing Gingka as the main character. Since Tyson was around when I was much too young to know about beyblade, I didn't know much about him until like 4-D system. I try to like Tyson, but its hard when there's sooo many people hating on the protagonist that I grew up with...
Please don't think I'm whining right now, I just wanted to shared my opinion
(Aug. 05, 2016  4:48 PM)Raiyanblader Wrote: ...6-11???!!!! XD

Ok the thing about the whole Tyson vs Gingka is that I like both of them. However, I grew up knowing Gingka as the main character. Since Tyson was around when I was much too young to know about beyblade, I didn't know much about him until like 4-D system. I try to like Tyson, but its hard when there's sooo many people hating on the protagonist that I grew up with...

It's true I'm afraid... Beyblade Burst is aimed for kids 6-11.

It's fine if you like Ginga more than Takao/Tyson, everyone is totally cool with that. I don't think you were whining, it's just you expressing your opinions which I respect. Personally, I don't think Ginga is a bad character but IMO, I feel he is very flawed as he felt underdeveloped (compared to Takao) but that's just my opinion.

As for Valt, I'm not saying he is perfect (oh no, Valt also has a lot of flaws too) but for who he is, I do find him to be a decent protagonist (without having to be pathetically "deep") because he felt like a kid which gives him an opportunity to develop or become more mature over time.
(Aug. 05, 2016  4:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Apparently I am the only one who has always wanted to relate to people with better lives than normal, forcing myself to improve personally and all.

You're right, I do want to improve myself. However, if I want to improve myself, it'll be from life experiences. As for the Beyblade Animes, I watch it for entertainment, and sometimes get sold on Blades.
(Aug. 05, 2016  5:01 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

It's fine if you like Ginga more than Takao/Tyson, everyone is totally cool with that. I don't think you were whining, it's just you expressing your opinions which I respect. Personally, I don't think Ginga is a bad character but IMO, I feel he is very flawed as he felt underdeveloped (compared to Takao) but that's just my opinion.

As for Valt, I'm not saying he is perfect (oh no, Valt also has a lot of flaws too) but for who he is, I do find him to be a decent protagonist (without having to be pathetically "deep") because he felt like a kid which gives him an opportunity to develop or become more mature over time.
I'm pretty sure all the Beyblade tops and animes are made for 6-11 year olds.
(Aug. 05, 2016  5:44 PM)Jinbee Wrote:

You know what Kai-V, you are right, I do want to improve myself. However, if I want to improve myself, it'll be from life experiences. As for the Beyblade Animes, I watch it for entertainment, and sometimes get sold on Blades.

I just like to be ready before the life experiences occur hah.
(Aug. 05, 2016  6:10 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2016  5:01 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:

I'm pretty sure all the Beyblade tops and animes are made for 6-11 year olds.

Oh... really? I always thought MFB was aimed at those who are 8-13, I swore I heard it from somewhere. My bad Joyful_3
For the worldwide release it was definitely 8-13. I cannot put an exact age range on Beyblade's target audience though: TAKARA-TOMY has mostly left that vague on purpose, I think. Sone tournaments are for all ages.
(Aug. 05, 2016  3:46 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote:

While it can make for a boring plot, it makes him more relatable to the average person. For one, he actually goes to school like normal children rather than traveling the world or destroying evil spinning tops, which is unrealistic.

I actually diskile Valt's similarity to SpongeBob, it makes me cringe.

I definitely agree! The show feels more realistic towards me and that's why I find Burst so much more better than the other shows. Don't get me wrong, I liked the past series but Burst's storyline and build is more realistic and actually makes me wanna watch it. As for Valt, I love his personality. He's just a little kid with sympathy towards others (I cried when he was crying about Shu and that was adorable) and yes, he can get energetic and all "LET'S BATTLE!" but I'm starting to see the maturity in him and I call that character development. But he's Valt! He's always gonna be himself haha. Besides, I like how the show is different from the past series. He goes to school, different places, etc. Makes it more diverse and lively. Smile
Yeah I like burst because its extremely realistic ( to some extent, compared to the other series) and it actually shows him learning from the basics.
(Aug. 11, 2016  11:14 PM)Shu Kurenai Wrote: im confused what is this thread

It's about why someone thinks Takao is better than Ginga, simple.
(Aug. 12, 2016  3:00 PM)Shu Kurenai Wrote: what does valt have to do about it then

He could sit there and take his loss like a grain of salt I suppose.
Takao went amateur to god tier in 3 seasons. Ginga was somewhat god tier from the start.
I thought the relationship between Tyson and Dragoon was really cool, I didn't feel like the bond between Gingka and Pegasus was emphasized enough in the Metal Saga. The battles Tyson had against Robert, Kane, Ozuma and some others were amazing, you could always see that Tyson and Dragoon were depending on each other for help when things got tough, a team of 2 equals.
From what I can see, Takao is a much more relatable protagonist than Gingka; most of us have to work to achieve our goals, and I think Tak has that down.
In my opinion

Takao > gingka > valt > zero

Not sure why but I wasn't really a big fan of the zero g series. This new series is probably better. Zero was just tryna be like gingka. I prefer a mc that tries to go down their own kinda path so I put him last in my books.