Poll: What should be done about F230?

Ban it altogether
15.96%
Ban it to some extent
35.11%
Leave it alone
48.94%
Total: 100% 94 vote(s)
@theblackdragon, i still do not think Dragooon F230CF/GCF can stop something like Revizer^2 SA165EWD/RDF. Can i request testing just to prove it?

(IMO if Dragooon F230CF can stop same spin Dragooon stamina custom, why not try opposite anti spin-stealer? Might work better)

Time, the last tournament in my part of the world was on June, and even then the participants did not use F230, so we haven't reached an agreeable point to ban it yet.
I would like to request a counter. Wyvang Dragooon SA165(lower mode)GF. I can't test that since I do not have GF, it's just an idea.
(Nov. 10, 2013  6:04 PM)RDF3 Wrote: @theblackdragon, i still do not think Dragooon F230CF/GCF can stop something like Revizer^2 SA165EWD/RDF. Can i request testing just to prove it?

(IMO if Dragooon F230CF can stop same spin Dragooon stamina custom, why not try opposite anti spin-stealer? Might work better)

Time, the last tournament in my part of the world was on June, and even then the participants did not use F230, so we haven't reached an agreeable point to ban it yet.

Why reviser exactly? It doesn't have good stamina.
RDF3 not to bash your region, but indonesia's metagame is always a bit behind
(Nov. 07, 2013  11:33 PM)Time Wrote: So, in MD tournaments not to bash on him, but beymaster15963 had never before had a winning record in one of tournaments, he happened to purchase an especially good orange f230 and took first in the only one he's been to since obtaining one. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hasn't it always been like this? Around 2008/2009, acquiring Libra could do this for you. Then, during the Maximum Series, if you could get Basalt, your chances were greatly increased, especially if you were lucky enough to pull a 48/49 gram one(similar to really good F230s). Then, for a time even, if you had Dragooon and SA165, you were in great shape in BB-10, or if you had a Dragooon and BGrin, you could dominate ZG. Now F230 is the new part to own/beat, only in Zero-G.

Not really sure what the difference is.
Libra was banned, Basalt was near being banned (from my understanding it only wasn't because new parts came out that could handle it), I'm guessing its due to the fact that you hadn't gone to any tournaments at that point, but dragooon sa165 and b:d never had quite the grip on tourneys that f230 does and those are still pretty strong aspects of today's meta by the way
(Nov. 10, 2013  6:21 PM)Oceanking Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2013  6:04 PM)RDF3 Wrote: @theblackdragon, i still do not think Dragooon F230CF/GCF can stop something like Revizer^2 SA165EWD/RDF. Can i request testing just to prove it?

It's worthy enough to be an anti spin-stealer like Death i'd say.
(Nov. 11, 2013  12:49 AM)RDF3 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2013  6:21 PM)Oceanking Wrote:

It's worthy enough to be an anti spin-stealer like Death i'd say.

Aaaaaaaand where are the tests to back your post up?
I feel like that is becoming a theme of this thread.... Almost no chrome wheels make sense to be "anti-spin stealers" since they all have very smooth sides (ignoring contact points) death and duo have rough surfaces death=grinding shape (no other way to say it) duo=notches/ridges
Recently, there have been a few combos discovered that can actually put up a fight with Dragooon F230CF. I have tests that prove so.

Unfortunately, I have no tests on Sythe, because I don't have one...
That's in BB-10, is it not? Dragooon F230 isn't a ban-worthy problem in BB-10. In Zero-G, however, I have personally tested those customs (or ones extremely similar to them) and they will all lose horrifically.

We need to counter it in Zero-G...
I'd just like to say... it's not to the point where if you have those two parts, you will own every tournament. For example: Orojya Goreim F230CF/GCF vs Killerken Dragooon BGrin who would win? I think it's obvious... but also, it is sorta broken in my testing.
(Nov. 16, 2013  5:35 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: I'd just like to say... it's not to the point where if you have those two parts, you will own every tournament. For example: Orojya Goreim F230CF/GCF vs Killerken Dragooon BGrin who would win? I think it's obvious... but also, it is sorta broken in my testing.

That's one thing, the bigger problem is with is F230 GCF on Dragoon.
I have these tests for Time's combo, Genbull Dragooon SA165MB.

Equipment:
Zero-G stadium(used)
L/R string launcher
Black Grip launcher(2 AAA batteries included)

Genbull Dragooon SA165MB vs. MF-F Duo Gasher F230GCF

GD wins: 1(All KO)
DG wins: 9(All OS)

Ties: 0

Time's combo lost balance very quickly and was the OS'd by Duo. The matches were somewhat close, but not my a significant amount(Maybe 10-20 revoltions).
Again, not a right-spin f230 counter.... Against anything left-spin it whoopups...
No it doesn't... I've tried it. You just have to bank.
Here are some of my tests with MSF-L Genbull Genbull SA165 GF in a Zero G Stadium (Takara Tomy)

Standard Procedure and Alternating Shots starting with Genbull Genbull. SA165 was in Zero G Attack Mode. The reason is that I found that SA165 (ZGA) + GF = Maximum Recession + LAD. (All of my Genbull's are Hasbro and so is my Dragooon).

MSF-L Genbull Genbull SA165 GF vs MSF-H Genbull Dragooon F230 GCF

Genbull Genbull: 15/20 (8 SKO, 7 OS)
Genbull Dragooon: 7/20 (1 SKO, 6 OS)

Genbull Genbull Win Rate: 75 %
Grin
Was this girago genbull or genbull genbull? You say different things in different places... Also, your win rate does not make sense with your victories and due to the fact that opposite spin sway is extremely hard to execute I have to say I seriously doubt whatever the "true" results are once you address the two previously stated issues.
(Nov. 19, 2013  11:10 PM)Time Wrote: Was this girago genbull or genbull genbull? You say different things in different places... Also, your win rate does not make sense with your victories and due to the fact that opposite spin sway is extremely hard to execute I have to say I seriously doubt whatever the "true" results are once you address the two previously stated issues.

Well I don't know about that, Giga Flat completely overpowers anything whether it be Left or Right, try it out! You'll be surprised to see what it does to Genbull Dragooon F230GCF, it makes F230 just wobble back and forth, it's really weird.

Anyways, could you try Wyvang Wyvang instead of Genbull Genbull? It might be able to do a bit better, since it's much more heavier and would get tons of more SKO's.
Er... that's just a super-weak version of GF Sway Attack, which has lost to Genbull Dragooon F230CF multiple times during out tournaments (once when I used it, MSF-H Balro Balro SA165GF vs. MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230CF).

There's no way those tests are accurate... there must've been something wrong with the F230, or Plastics Lover wasn't using the right procedure/launch.

Tournament results > Test results for the most part when evaluating a custom, and in my case both are in absurd favor of Dragooon. Plus, a right-spin high smash custom attempting to slam Dragooon on the tornado ridge and land a KO would not be a favorable custom, for multiple reasons:
  • Such customs are very risky and usually quite inconsistent
  • Rushing head-on into a CF/GCF custom can get you KOed pretty darn easily (as I found out first hand)
  • All the F230 user needs to do is weak launch
Also, if that thing out-spun Dragooon, I can almost guarantee you aren't using an orange Takara F230; or at least not one that actually works. :\
MSF-M Bahamdia Dragooon BD145R2F works exceptionally well against F230CF/GCF.
(Nov. 19, 2013  7:18 AM)Plastics Lover Wrote: (All of my Genbull's are Hasbro and so is my Dragooon).

I'm inclined to lean with Time on this one, my reason mainly being that you claim to already have, not one, but two Hasbro Bandit Genbus, which aren't supposed to be out till sometime in December.

The fact that there's not a single unboxing video of Hasbro's Bandit Genbu in all the Internet only supports my notion that Genbu's still yet to have even hit retailers... Yo creds lookin a bit sketch.
(Nov. 20, 2013  12:45 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2013  7:18 AM)Plastics Lover Wrote: (All of my Genbull's are Hasbro and so is my Dragooon).

I'm inclined to lean with Time on this one, my reason mainly being that you claim to already have, not one, but two Hasbro Bandit Genbus, which aren't supposed to be out till sometime in December.

The fact that there's not a single unboxing video of Hasbro's Bandit Genbu in all the Internet only supports my notion that Genbu's still yet to have even hit retailers... Yo creds lookin a bit sketch.

I totally did not even catch that, wow, that changes a lot.

Wave 3 isn't even out yet, we just found out about Pegasus, Zirago, and Genbu very recently. Your tests are looking very sketchy now, but I'll do some testing to see how it goes.

Thanks for finding that Insomniac.
Also, @theblackdragon you keep saying genbull dragooon sa165 mb would lose, but you have not tested it and from what I saw in the tournament and Stars, Arupaeo, Tech, Sniper, and beymaster15963 can confirm is that it had no problem with it. And its even a competitive combo, its revizer dragooon sa165 bwd with a heck of a lot more sway defense and a little less precession so that kind of fits the bill

@insomniac you know I read that, thought the same thing and then just thought I was mistaken, but you saying that confirms that there is no way those tests are factual