Poll: What should be done about F230?

Ban it altogether
15.96%
Ban it to some extent
35.11%
Leave it alone
48.94%
Total: 100% 94 vote(s)
Well, everything looked like it was happening the same way, but F230 didn't seem to be spinning quite fast enough...

We're talking like absolute 100% launch, right up to the very top of the very edge of the stadium. It's hard to tell how you launched, since, y'know you had to pick up the camera between rounds LOL. XD

DrPepsidew's results should clear things up later today.
Genbull Dragooon F230 GCF vs. Genbull Dragooon CH120 BWD
GDBWD always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
GDGCF: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
GDBWD: 10 (8 OS, 2 KO)
GDGCF Win %: 0.0%

F230 launched 100%, deep bank.
I will edit this post soon with me stalling F230.

GDGCF: 11 (0 OS, 11 KO)
GDBWD: 9 (6 OS, 3 KO)
GDGCF Win %: 55.0%

F230 100% launch, straight shot.
I'll edit again with Sliding Shoot.

GDGCF: 20 (2 OS, 18 KO)
GDBWD: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
GDGCF Win %: 100.0%

Bam. Launching makes a difference.
Thank you DrPepsidew, your tests are appreciated very much.
Ah, but he banked.

Wait till he goes for the ZGKO (the prescribed launch against same-spin D-series opponents).
Yeah, just wait a sec. And don't argue until I'm back haha. I have a few points to make.
GDGCF: 11 (0 OS, 11 KO)
GDBWD: 9 (6 OS, 3 KO)
GDGCF Win %: 55.0%

F230 100% launch, straight shot.
I'll edit again with Sliding Shoot.

At least it's not totally one sided.

Thanks!
Check again...
That was the fastest testing I've ever done.
Ouch.

Can you test against Duo F230?
Disappointing. Very disappointing. Atleast it got good results against F230 with a deep bank.

EDIT: OK, sorry, won't do it again.
Test your combo against Duo?
dragon KING: No offense, but please only post to this thread if you can contribute something. But I agree with you, I had high hopes during the first two tests... XD
It's okay every combo has a counter I thought this would be an F230 killer, at least there are SOOOOO many BB-10 counters (Girago Dragooon 100 RF, Bahamdia Dragooon BD145 R2F, Duo DF105W2D, Bahamdia Ifrit SA165RF just to name a few).
Yeah, Duo F230CF/GCF. Do you think an MSF would be better? Or something with more resistance to Zero-G attack.
TB, TB, TB, TB, TB, TB or add a TB.
An MSF-L might be okay.
Scythe is the bane of F230, (I can feel it in my bones, Enough to make my systems blow, Welcome to the new age, to the new age, Welcome to the new age, to the new age, Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh).
I'm telling you man, Scythe is to light. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

Yeah, add a MSF-L to TWT's combo, not sure about TB though, it's seems kinda low and might scrape.
(Feb. 16, 2014  10:00 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'm telling you man, Scythe is to light. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

Yeah, add a MSF-L to TWT's combo, not sure about TB though, it's seems kinda low and might scrape.

Scythe is NOT!! (I'm just trying to emphasize my point, I'm not mad) Go MF-H Scythe Pisces S130MB. TB has good stamina and sway def.
(Feb. 16, 2014  10:00 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'm telling you man, Scythe is to light. Test it yourself if you don't believe me.

CH145 could help that. TB seemed kind of off-balanced, but it may work.
Scythe TB doesn't work.

Tried that like 4 months ago.

TheBlackDragon Wrote:
Time Wrote:Guessing you've already looked into it, but a while ago I had the idea that with Scythe's own free-spinning part F230 wouldn't be able to spin steal from it, but none of the heights I've tried line up well enough. Do you happen to have a measurement for what height stuff on F230 hangs at once it tips onto the disk? From what I've seen it looks like we'd need a track at like 155 to make it work.

Been there, done that. I actually spent like 3 days on that idea, haha. It worked at first, and I flipped out, but I later discovered my F230 has carpet fuzz stuck in it, so I cleaned it out, and... Well, Scythe took a serious beating. I tried it at all different heights with all different Bottoms, but nothing worked.

Unhappy
(Feb. 16, 2014  10:32 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Scythe TB doesn't work.

Tried that like 4 months ago.

TheBlackDragon Wrote:
Time Wrote:Guessing you've already looked into it, but a while ago I had the idea that with Scythe's own free-spinning part F230 wouldn't be able to spin steal from it, but none of the heights I've tried line up well enough. Do you happen to have a measurement for what height stuff on F230 hangs at once it tips onto the disk? From what I've seen it looks like we'd need a track at like 155 to make it work.

Been there, done that. I actually spent like 3 days on that idea, haha. It worked at first, and I flipped out, but I later discovered my F230 has carpet fuzz stuck in it, so I cleaned it out, and... Well, Scythe took a serious beating. I tried it at all different heights with all different Bottoms, but nothing worked.

Unhappy
Wasn't that BGrin? What about MB?
I tried like every setup I could think of.

B : D didn't work, SA165EWD/WD/W2D/TB didn't work, 160EWD/WD/W2D/TB didn't work, W145EWD/WD/W2D/TB didn't work, TH170EWD/WD/W2D/TB didn't work... Everything just ate dirt. :\ I even tried CH120.

Scythe was one of the things I looked into the most, and I can safely say it doesn't work too great.
Too bad, Girago Girago 160/CH120MB?
Uh... no.

MB dies hard against anything opposite-spin, LOL.
It seems odd things need to be tried, like SA165 FB, to have hopes, honestly.

Like I said, Genbull Dragoom SR200 CS got good numbers from my testing, but not sure.
(Feb. 17, 2014  12:15 AM)Leone19 Wrote: It seems odd things need to be tried, like SA165 FB, to have hopes, honestly.

Like I said, Genbull Dragoom SR200 CS got good numbers from my testing, but not sure.

Wait... how did that win again? How about against Left spin F230?
(Feb. 17, 2014  12:18 AM)Aquamarine Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2014  12:15 AM)Leone19 Wrote: It seems odd things need to be tried, like SA165 FB, to have hopes, honestly.

Wait... how did that win again? How about against Left spin F230?

Like I said, did informal battles with Dragoon F230, it did alright, mainly OS's.

Again, multiple people should test, to make sure no one has biases.
Against Genbull F230/anything else relevant in the meta?

On another note, I don't have much trouble knocking it off balance and winning via OS by deep banking, even with a second person launching it.