Why Are Beyblades hated in high school so much?

My dad hates the fact that I play with beyblade cause he thinks it's a kids toy although my mum doesn't mind since she sees it as a way to make friends.
(Jun. 17, 2010  3:51 PM)megablader2 Wrote: My dad hates the fact that I play with beyblade cause he thinks it's a kids toy although my mum doesn't mind since she sees it as a way to make friends.

It's reversed with my parents. Dad supports the hobby I got him playing too, but mom can't understand it much less condone it. Basically now that I have a job and it's my money as long as I'm not totally blowing it up the wall they're not breathing down my neck about it.
I just plan to keep doing it that way they see I'm just playing another hobby and not just frivolously spending my money.
(Jun. 17, 2010  1:25 PM)MaxL Wrote: my parents were actully like that,then i showed them the deeper aspect of the game and stuff and now they think of it as an intresting hobby for me.

Lol my dad was amazed when i showed him my plastics zombie spin by hand out spining one launched xD
I wish it was that easy for me, I am only 15 and my dad (who has achieved much in academia) says its a trivial piece of garbage. He tells me what to do and how to do it in beyblade, and I always say 'wow wtf how'd you know it'd do that.' and hes just like get out its trivial u noob.
your dad sounds like an carp

just saying
:\ I understand what you mean, but seriously even though he acts like that, I do not appreciate you saying that.
tbh, I'm used to it.
i guess, but you portrayed him in a really bad light there. an apology, anyway.
no no, after I posted it I had realised that yes, it made him seem indecent.
Anyway, lol its definitely accepted.
well, in my school, beyblading is a guy thing, or one of the stair kids things. but when you get enthusiastic about things and say "omg this carp is so freaking cool" people listen and think that they wanna try so just get your friends in. and dont do it at school.
Yeah... We don't need to be insulting other people's parents here. Even if the child doesn't like the way their parent reacts to their hobbies.

Any who... I think the real solution to people bothering you about it is just not to make a big deal about the fact that you do it. I've seen this one guy on youtube who sits there with his friend and turns on the beyblade soundtrack while he plays and tells everyone "BEYBLADE 4 LIFE". That's fine and dandy but some of us still want to be able to interact with the rest of the world without being portrayed in a "You're Crazy" light.

I tried to not let anyone know but somehow my Dad found out... I'm guessing one of my siblings saw it in my room and showed him or something.
lol my dad used to play beyblade with me because he played with spinning tops when he was younger...actually before i came here my dad used to use an attack beyblade with sliding shoot and always beat me....but that was back when i was like 10 lol. I still let him in on whats going on about beyblades and stuff..he totally supports that and my yo-yo addiction..my mom is another story though..
My parents have no interest in my hobbies other than music and writing.

They have accepted yoyoing but they aren't behind it 100%. I'm gonna start running tournaments and kinda make it obvious it's something I want to actually do.
Nearly half of the people at my school play Yugioh, Beyblade and Pokemon. Not playing these games is the 'uncool' thing to do. Weird, huh?
lol i'd love to be at that school.
Wow, I got half the grade nines in my school watching beyblade. The rest, well, they don't even care.
how old are you when you're in grade 9?
(Jun. 18, 2010  7:57 AM)megablader2 Wrote: lol i'd love to be at that school.

It isn't that fun... Only 80 people go to the school and thats including staff...
I think another reason is that people don't see that there is a deeper level of the game. Most people just remember it as kids being a matter of chance who won, not that there were actual factors that affected the battle. That's why a lot of my friends see it as a waste of time, I've tried explaining to them that there is a deeper meaning to the game and that it's a lot more than it seems but I always get the same reply... I don't want to convert them I just want them to understand that I like the game because it has a level of depth that not a lot of games have. Oh and that I'm not crazy for liking it. Tongue_out
well, dont be facist and force your ideas on others, if they dont want it they'll miss out, i know my friends and i when i found my old plastics were all excited and thought "this is the stuff that'll make our grandkids jealous", but the again im going to my friends party tonigtht were there is going to be copius amouts of drugs and alchs
(Jun. 19, 2010  1:55 AM)GodBro Wrote: im going to my friends party tonigtht were there is going to be copius amouts of drugs and alchs

Keep it on the down-low, dude. Chocked_2
(Jun. 19, 2010  1:55 AM)GodBro Wrote: well, dont be facist and force your ideas on others, if they dont want it they'll miss out, i know my friends and i when i found my old plastics were all excited and thought "this is the stuff that'll make our grandkids jealous", but the again im going to my friends party tonigtht were there is going to be copius amouts of drugs and alchs

I'm not trying to be facist. It's just when they make fun of me about it I never have a real leg to stand on for why I like it.
It doesn't really matter, does it? You shouldn't be embarassed because of your hobby.

If you know what it means, I look quite a lot like a "tb/teenybopper' or "asian gangda" what have you with the chains and spiky hair etc. and i still tell ppl i play. The reason they can tease you about it is because you're sensitive about it.
(Jun. 18, 2010  6:42 AM)Sora. Wrote: Nearly half of the people at my school play Yugioh, Beyblade and Pokemon.
That's very similar to what's happening at my school, haha.
lol sorry guys, but its the truth, when your a canadian sixteen year old, you and your friends do some crazy carp. i'm starting to get back into beyblades, and when i heard about it on ytv i was like omg no way, then i ordered an ldrago because it reminded me of dragoon from the plastic generation.

But back on the topic, here in edmonton, there arent really many places to get beyblades so my grade cant find them, so it is hard to build up a following for beyblades.
MaxL wrote:[/quote] I'm not trying to be facist. It's just when they make fun of me about it I never have a real leg to stand on for why I like it.[/quote]
dude, stand up for yourself but dont go saying "beyblade is what all cool kid do" even if it is the truth. people love ignorance.