Who's more powerful? Thread

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:28 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm talking about pure character work. If the main character doesn't progress as a story develops, then the story for the most part doesn't work. The trick is to make that character growth reasonable. That's a critical part of good storytelling. They accomplished that well with Valt.
Valt had character development, COOL. He also had PLOT ARMOR.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I'm talking about pure character work. If the main character doesn't progress as a story develops, then the story for the most part doesn't work. The trick is to make that character growth reasonable. That's a critical part of good storytelling. They accomplished that well with Valt.

So what exactly is plot armor to you?
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:29 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:28 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Valt had character development, COOL. He also had PLOT ARMOR.

I’m not saying Valt is weak or anything like that I’m just saying you can’t deny he’s gotten lucky on some of his battle or how the plot itself panned out.
Because plot armor in the basic sense is when a character overcomes an obstacle when there's no credible basis for doing so. Which isn't the case with Valt because we saw how hard he worked to overcome his challenges.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:32 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:29 AM)Admiral W Wrote: So what exactly is plot armor to you?
I’m not saying Valt is weak or anything like that I’m just saying you can’t deny he’s gotten lucky on some of his battle or how the plot itself panned out.

But your saying that Valt hasn't earned the top spot. So explain to me what your think plot armor means.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:32 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Because plot armor in the basic sense is when a character overcomes an obstacle when there's no credible basis for doing so. Which isn't the case with Valt because we saw how hard he worked to overcome his challenges.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:32 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: I’m not saying Valt is weak or anything like that I’m just saying you can’t deny he’s gotten lucky on some of his battle or how the plot itself panned out.

But your saying that Valt hasn't earned the top spot. So explain to me what your think plot armor means.
See look at all of us arguing. I knew this thread was just an awful idea. The truth is we are never gonna agree with each other in a way where we can be on good terms.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:32 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Because plot armor in the basic sense is when a character overcomes an obstacle when there's no credible basis for doing so. Which isn't the case with Valt because we saw how hard he worked to overcome his challenges.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:32 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: I’m not saying Valt is weak or anything like that I’m just saying you can’t deny he’s gotten lucky on some of his battle or how the plot itself panned out.

No Valt clearly earned his spot at the top. Like in Cho-Z we see how strong Valt is w/o having to be the protagonist. There is a reason Valt is the best right now it’s because he’s earned it.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:36 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

See look at all of us arguing. I knew this thread was just an awful idea. The truth is we are never gonna agree with each other in a way where we can be on good terms.
We are on good terms just a debate
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:38 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:

No Valt clearly earned his spot at the top. Like in Cho-Z we see how strong Valt is w/o having to be the protagonist. There is a reason Valt is the best right now it’s because he’s earned it.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:36 AM)Zeutron Wrote: See look at all of us arguing. I knew this thread was just an awful idea. The truth is we are never gonna agree with each other in a way where we can be on good terms.

Indeed.

That's the primary point I'm making. Valt earned his victories and his position at the top. He's more than proven himself.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:38 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:36 AM)Zeutron Wrote: See look at all of us arguing. I knew this thread was just an awful idea. The truth is we are never gonna agree with each other in a way where we can be on good terms.
Are we really?
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:43 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:38 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: No Valt clearly earned his spot at the top. Like in Cho-Z we see how strong Valt is w/o having to be the protagonist. There is a reason Valt is the best right now it’s because he’s earned it.

Are we really?
100%
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  3:40 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Your reply is fine not aggressive at all. Struggle doesn’t mean proven tho. All I’m saying is s1 and s2 he relied on luck and in s3 he didn’t really do anything besides beat Heartz.

Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

People not giving Valt the respect he's due is disappointing to see.

Yep he trained so much that he got beat by a kid that’s whole gimmick is that he’s Valt and Lui combined into a kid that can go super saiyan

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:29 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:28 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Valt had character development, COOL. He also had PLOT ARMOR.

Valt had plot armor in the first episode of turbo against aiga, if Valt didn’t have plot armor Valt would have lost to a ring out

And that’s just a example of Valt having plot armor
(Jul. 05, 2020  12:02 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

Yep he trained so much that he got beat by a kid that’s whole gimmick is that he’s Valt and Lui combined into a kid that can go super saiyan

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:29 AM)Admiral W Wrote: So what exactly is plot armor to you?

Valt had plot armor in the first episode of turbo against aiga, if Valt didn’t have plot armor Valt would have lost to a ring out

Bruh, I know every main has plot armor to an extent but imo, Valt had it the least. Plus, you could consider Aiga almost winning plot armor since Valt was a literal World Champion while Aiga had literally launched his bey for a SECOND time in his FIRST battle.
He wasn't even the main character then.
(Jul. 05, 2020  12:49 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  12:02 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote: Yep he trained so much that he got beat by a kid that’s whole gimmick is that he’s Valt and Lui combined into a kid that can go super saiyan

Bruh, I know every main has plot armor to an extent but imo, Valt had it the least. Plus, you could consider Aiga almost winning plot armor since Valt was a literal World Champion while Aiga had literally launched his bey for a SECOND time in his FIRST battle.
He wasn't even the main character then.

I never said aiga didn’t have plot armor

We are not talking about aiga having plot armor we’re talking about Valt having plot armor maybe read the room
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

It seems to me that people don't understand what plot armor is. Plot armor in the basic sense is when a character overcomes an obstacle when there's no credible basis for doing so

Valt was the world champion it only made sense that he won that battle.
(Jul. 05, 2020  3:04 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  12:02 PM)ShaDowTr3x Wrote: Yep he trained so much that he got beat by a kid that’s whole gimmick is that he’s Valt and Lui combined into a kid that can go super saiyan

It seems to me that people don't understand what plot armor is. Plot armor in the basic sense is when a character overcomes an obstacle when there's no credible basis for doing so

Valt was the world champion it only made sense that he won that battle.

Yeah, the example he/she gave was horrible if anything. If you're gonna pull something like that, at least get a decent example.
Gwyn is stronher when it comes to math lol all the bladers besides gwyn sucks in math
Phi or Lui in superking who is more powerful
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:42 PM)SathvikPheonix Wrote: Phi or Lui in superking who is more powerful

Lui.
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:43 PM)kimeru Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:42 PM)SathvikPheonix Wrote: Phi or Lui in superking who is more powerful

Lui.

I not agree Lui grew more stronger but Phi was at his extreme level in the final battle between Phi vs Aiga you thought Lui of superking could handle Phi's power he used double cannon crush on air against Aiga it was amazing Lui definitely would defeat. 
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

Then I guess the same can be said for Aiga god awful powerscaling, if anything Aiga had the plot armour because valt didn’t burst him sooner
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:16 PM)SathvikPheonix Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:43 PM)kimeru Wrote: Lui.

I not agree Lui grew more stronger but Phi was at his extreme level in the final battle between Phi vs Aiga you thought Lui of superking could handle Phi's power he used double cannon crush on air against Aiga it was amazing Lui definitely would defeat. 
Well kimeru was probably assuming you were talking about the latest season sparking where Lui is definitely better since he’s ranked higher. If we’re talking about cho z in the past then yes, Phi is better by a long shot.
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:17 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote:

Then I guess the same can be said for Aiga god awful powerscaling, if anything Aiga had the plot armour because valt didn’t burst him sooner

Absolutely! If anyone had the plot armor, it was Aiger.

Lui vs Delta
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:40 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:17 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Then I guess the same can be said for Aiga god awful powerscaling, if anything Aiga had the plot armour because valt didn’t burst him sooner

Absolutely! If anyone had the plot armor, it was Aiger.

Lui vs Delta

Lui would be stronger
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:17 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote:

I said aiga had plot armor u need to check what people said the latest
I do check what people said latest, but you said valt had plot armor. Which he didn’t
(Jul. 06, 2020  12:56 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: I do check what people said latest, but you said valt had plot armor. Which he didn’t
He did.
(Jul. 06, 2020  2:36 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2020  12:56 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: I do check what people said latest, but you said valt had plot armor. Which he didn’t
He did.

Less than the other mains imo, but yes, he still did. Every character kinda has it on their debut to make em look strong to advertise the product. Just depends on the situation.