Who's more powerful? Thread

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:29 AM)Nik P. Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:28 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Nope Shu is better

How tho

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:29 AM)Nik P. Wrote: How tho

Also aiga went from world champ to 3rd in an instant without any battle

Also if their was a transferral of the title to Arthur, then the champ would be drum
Arthur doesn't even want himself to be in the wbba so its clear that he isn't in the rankings and drum beating him is nothing but just a rescue for the wbba
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:41 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:29 AM)Nik P. Wrote: How tho

Also aiga went from world champ to 3rd in an instant without any battle

Also if their was a transferral of the title to Arthur, then the champ would be drum
We have to assume that some things happen off screen which is why Shu can be considered better in the Sparking manga. In Cho z Aiga was undoubtedly stronger but the fact is that things change if the writers want them to and they wanted the original deuteragonist to be the second best.
Tbh I hate the off screen stuff but even with the battles we’ve seen Shu is still better

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  3:40 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Your reply is fine not aggressive at all. Struggle doesn’t mean proven tho. All I’m saying is s1 and s2 he relied on luck and in s3 he didn’t really do anything besides beat Heartz.

Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

People not giving Valt the respect he's due is disappointing to see.
Valt worked hard he was just backed up by plot and luck
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:45 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:41 AM)Zeutron Wrote: We have to assume that some things happen off screen which is why Shu can be considered better in the Sparking manga. In Cho z Aiga was undoubtedly stronger but the fact is that things change if the writers want them to and they wanted the original deuteragonist to be the second best.
Tbh I hate the off screen stuff but even with the battles we’ve seen Shu is still better

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

How so? Throughout the entirety of the series we see him training and working hard. Developing his special moves, training with other bladers, and learning from his experiences. That's has nothing to do with luck. That's called natural character progression.
Gwyn is the most powerful character in burst so far.
In plastic gen it's kai!
No, gwyn isn’t even the most powerful legend blader. And how is gwyn the most powerful if drum beat him, granted he did have master dragon, but still. If anything, the most powerful Blader in burst is look to be, valt, Shu, and definitly lane with his rampage of taking out bladers
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:52 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: No, gwyn isn’t even the most powerful legend blader. And how is gwyn the most powerful if drum beat him, granted he did have master dragon, but still. If anything, the most powerful Blader in burst is look to be, valt, Shu, and definitly lane with his rampage of taking out bladers
How are you going to argue Gwynn isn’t (which he isn’t) and then mention Lane?
Because I reckon if lane can clap all these bladers, lui and free, being top 5, and 4. And them being above gwyn, it makes sense for lane > gwyn. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying gwyn is weak by any mean, I just don’t see him getting stronger then lane. And heck, lane has the potential to beat valt and shu. He’s even taught by Shu himself
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:55 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Because I reckon if lane can clap all these bladers, lui and free, being top 5, and 4. And them being above gwyn, it makes sense for lane > gwyn. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying gwyn is weak by any mean, I just don’t see him getting stronger then lane. And heck, lane has the potential to beat valt and shu. He’s even taught by Shu himself
Yeah this makes sense.

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:45 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:41 AM)Zeutron Wrote: We have to assume that some things happen off screen which is why Shu can be considered better in the Sparking manga. In Cho z Aiga was undoubtedly stronger but the fact is that things change if the writers want them to and they wanted the original deuteragonist to be the second best.

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:42 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Valt worked to the bone to get to where he is. He didn't rest on his laurels, and after every setback he bounced back and kept moving forward. He trained and trained to become as powerful as he is. Has nothing to do with luck, he improved his skill and power through pure hard work, nurturing his natural talent. And as far as season 3 is concerned, he did a lot more than just best hearts, not only did he defend his title against powerful opponents, he stood as a Blader that people could truly look up to. He also personally trained Kit.

Again, there was no battle he won based on luck and if there was mind telling me which ones? Also all characters are influenced by plot. Free not losing a single battle until his battle with Valt? Plot, Cuza beating Kurt in order to allow Valt to advance to the semi in the godbladers cup? Plot, Phi destroying Z Achilles? Plot, Drum beating Amane in the second episode of gt? Plot. Anything and everything that occurs is due to plot remember the that. Being backed up by plot doesn’t change the fact that he was better it’s not some type of handicap for Valt and it isn’t an unfair advantage to his character like you seem to imply. If a character is written to be the best does it change the fact that he will be the best and get there? No it doesn’t.
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:43 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  4:55 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Because I reckon if lane can clap all these bladers, lui and free, being top 5, and 4. And them being above gwyn, it makes sense for lane > gwyn. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying gwyn is weak by any mean, I just don’t see him getting stronger then lane. And heck, lane has the potential to beat valt and shu. He’s even taught by Shu himself
Yeah this makes sense.

(Jul. 05, 2020  4:45 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Tbh I hate the off screen stuff but even with the battles we’ve seen Shu is still better

Again, there was no battle he won based on luck and if there was mind telling me which ones? Also all characters are influenced by plot. Free not losing a single battle until his battle with Valt? Plot, Cuza beating Kurt in order to allow Valt to advance to the semi in the godbladers cup? Plot, Phi destroying Z Achilles? Plot, Drum beating Amane in the second episode of gt? Plot. Anything and everything that occurs is due to plot remember the that. Being backed up by plot doesn’t change the fact that he was better it’s not some type of handicap for Valt and it isn’t an unfair advantage to his character like you seem to imply. If a character is written to be the best does it change the fact that he will be the best and get there? No it doesn’t.
Free first lost was to Lui (not plot). Yes the Cuza thing is plot. Drum beating amane really isn’t plot because Drum was trained by Valt and Amane in the beginning was trash. Here is where the plot and luck kicks in. Valt vs Zac in the semi finals of the National Tournament. Valt having to rely on Cuza for a chance into the finals (Plus Cuza beating Kurtz). Free having to be injured for Valt to get to the finals. (Free was up 2-1). Valt tried his hardest and all he got was a ring out against Free. Anyways no not everything happens because of plot. For instance if Free beat Lui the first time that wouldn’t have changed anything. If Kurtz beat Shu the first time that wouldn’t change anything. If Amane best Drum in their first battle that wouldn’t change anything. But if Cuza never beat Kurtz that would’ve changed everything, if Free never got injured that would’ve changed everything, if Phi never broke Achilles that would’ve changed everything, if Valt didn’t get lucky against Zac that would’ve changed everything. You get what plot is now? I’m not saying Valt is a bad blader I’m just saying he was lucky in the first two seasons. (To some extent). But anyway he is the but now and it isn’t off luck and plot. (For now).
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:13 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:43 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah this makes sense.

Free first lost was to Lui (not plot). Yes the Cuza thing is plot. Drum beating amane really isn’t plot because Drum was trained by Valt and Amane in the beginning was trash. Here is where the plot and luck kicks in. Valt vs Zac in the semi finals of the National Tournament. Valt having to rely on Cuza for a chance into the finals (Plus Cuza beating Kurtz). Free having to be injured for Valt to get to the finals. (Free was up 2-1). Valt tried his hardest and all he got was a ring out against Free. Anyways no not everything happens because of plot. For instance if Free beat Lui the first time that wouldn’t have changed anything. If Kurtz beat Shu the first time that wouldn’t change anything. If Amane best Drum in their first battle that wouldn’t change anything. But if Cuza never beat Kurtz that would’ve changed everything, if Free never got injured that would’ve changed everything, if Phi never broke Achilles that would’ve changed everything, if Valt didn’t get lucky against Zac that would’ve changed everything. You get what plot is now? I’m not saying Valt is a bad blader I’m just saying he was lucky in the first two seasons. (To some extent). But anyway he is the but now and it isn’t off luck and plot. (For now).

I don't receive or agree with that. Valt's progression across those first two seasons was well executed. He grew into his power. In that battle with Free, yes he was up two 2-1 but the very next round was a double burst. Valt was extremely close to beating him. If you don't like Valt, that's fine, but to deny to his growth in power and skill is unreasonable when it's been so wonderfully handled. He's never won a battle out of luck. And to see all his hard work culminate in his epic win against Shu at the international bladers cup, was so satisfying. He learned so much from the people around him and put his back into his training.
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:13 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  5:43 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah this makes sense.

The word plot can simply be defined as the events that occur in the story which is why I said that everything that occurs is plot because you seem to not use the term correctly. You are right that certain events don’t matter to plot but that was not the point I was trying to make. If you wanted to say that Valt only won because the story needed him too then say he won because it was relevant to the plot Because that is how you would say it in a literate way. For example, Free’s first loss to Lui is plot because it occurs in the plot (story). What you meant to say was that it didn’t matter to the plot so what I’m trying to say is that you aren’t saying things right. As for the instances of luck you gave, Valt moving to the semi because Cuza beat Kurt is not luck because Cuza beat Kurt fairly. In his battle with Zac it wasn’t luck and he did fairly beat Zac because Valkyrie touched Zeus. It isn’t luck if the probability of it happening are certain. There wasn’t a chance Kurt was gonna beat Cuza it was gonna happen. There wasn’t a chance Valkyrie would have burst Zeus it wasn’t some 50/50 probable moment. And as for your final point with Free injuring his arm, I’m honestly tired of people bringing up this god awful point. Free didn’t strain his arm by chance. He strained his arm because he was trying to blade at a power level he clearly couldn’t control otherwise he would never have injured himself in the first place. Free never injured his arm by chance and it was bound to happen so Valt won fairly. Some people will say Free would never have lost if he hadn’t injured his arm and you could be right, but that’s an impossible scenario if he uses his vein mode. And if he doesn’t he doesn’t match Valt’s power so he loses in any scenario.
dude the argument about plot falls completely flat as each and every action by a character in a story is the plot.. episodes have their own plot... if the plot is that valt will get lucky then he will get lucky.. also in real life there are so many instances of last minute bursts and im willing to bet that sometime at least in a tournament even the current top ranked blader in the world would have had such instances.. does that make him a bad blader or does that make him a weak blader? No right? i get that you might consider valt to be lucky but realistically every one is a lucky blader ( even lui got lucky by that logic with his battle with valt and shu?)
Iui beat free the first time was to hype him up.i mean lui won back to back battles against shu/red eye and valt plus free by doing this you make him a threat both shu and free were basically unstoppable in god/evolution they needed to show a vulnerability and lui was that guy  . and made shu/red eye victory or free's  rematches more important and impactful for these characters
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:31 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: dude the argument about plot falls completely flat as each and every action by a character in a story is the plot.. episodes have their own plot... if the plot is that valt will get lucky then he will get lucky.. also in real life there are so many instances of last minute bursts and im willing to bet that sometime at least in a tournament even the current top ranked blader in the world would have had such instances.. does that make him a bad blader or  does  that make him a weak blader? No right? i get that you might consider valt to be lucky but realistically every one is a lucky blader ( even lui got lucky by that logic with his battle with valt and shu?)
The first part of your explanation is exactly why I was trying to explain to him. I don’t think he understands what plot means because a lot of people on the wbo mislead people on the meaning of plot.
He probably means plot armor, which isn't true in Valt's case.
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:34 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: Iui beat free the first time was to hype him up.i mean lui won back to back battles against shu/red eye and valt plus free by doing this you make him a threat both shu and free were basically unstoppable in god/evolution they needed to show a vulnerability and lui was that guy  . and made shu/red eye victory or free's  rematches more important and impactful for these characters
Please tell me who thought Lui wasn’t already strong.

(Jul. 05, 2020  6:41 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He probably means plot armor, which isn't true in Valt's case.
It clearly is.

(Jul. 05, 2020  6:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:13 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Free first lost was to Lui (not plot). Yes the Cuza thing is plot. Drum beating amane really isn’t plot because Drum was trained by Valt and Amane in the beginning was trash. Here is where the plot and luck kicks in. Valt vs Zac in the semi finals of the National Tournament. Valt having to rely on Cuza for a chance into the finals (Plus Cuza beating Kurtz). Free having to be injured for Valt to get to the finals. (Free was up 2-1). Valt tried his hardest and all he got was a ring out against Free. Anyways no not everything happens because of plot. For instance if Free beat Lui the first time that wouldn’t have changed anything. If Kurtz beat Shu the first time that wouldn’t change anything. If Amane best Drum in their first battle that wouldn’t change anything. But if Cuza never beat Kurtz that would’ve changed everything, if Free never got injured that would’ve changed everything, if Phi never broke Achilles that would’ve changed everything, if Valt didn’t get lucky against Zac that would’ve changed everything. You get what plot is now? I’m not saying Valt is a bad blader I’m just saying he was lucky in the first two seasons. (To some extent). But anyway he is the but now and it isn’t off luck and plot. (For now).

I don't receive or agree with that. Valt's progression across those first two seasons was well executed. He grew into his power. In that battle with Free, yes he was up two 2-1 but the very next round was a double burst. Valt was extremely close to beating him. If you don't like Valt, that's fine, but to deny to his growth in power and skill is unreasonable when it's been so wonderfully handled. He's never won a battle out of luck. And to see all his hard work culminate in his epic win against Shu at the international bladers cup, was so satisfying. He learned so much from the people around him and put his back into his training.
How am I denying his growth in power when I just stated that he was the best blader?

(Jul. 05, 2020  6:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:13 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Free first lost was to Lui (not plot). Yes the Cuza thing is plot. Drum beating amane really isn’t plot because Drum was trained by Valt and Amane in the beginning was trash. Here is where the plot and luck kicks in. Valt vs Zac in the semi finals of the National Tournament. Valt having to rely on Cuza for a chance into the finals (Plus Cuza beating Kurtz). Free having to be injured for Valt to get to the finals. (Free was up 2-1). Valt tried his hardest and all he got was a ring out against Free. Anyways no not everything happens because of plot. For instance if Free beat Lui the first time that wouldn’t have changed anything. If Kurtz beat Shu the first time that wouldn’t change anything. If Amane best Drum in their first battle that wouldn’t change anything. But if Cuza never beat Kurtz that would’ve changed everything, if Free never got injured that would’ve changed everything, if Phi never broke Achilles that would’ve changed everything, if Valt didn’t get lucky against Zac that would’ve changed everything. You get what plot is now? I’m not saying Valt is a bad blader I’m just saying he was lucky in the first two seasons. (To some extent). But anyway he is the but now and it isn’t off luck and plot. (For now).

Valt literally won the match against Zac out of luck....
How is it clearly the case? Each of the battles that Valt won was a result of training and determination. If he was blowing bladers away without any work put into improving his skill, then that would have been the case. But it isn't, over the course of those two seasons we witnessed Valt determined training. Your point has no weight to it.
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
The word plot can simply be defined as the events that occur in the story which is why I said that everything that occurs is plot because you seem to not use the term correctly. You are right that certain events don’t matter to plot but that was not the point I was trying to make. If you wanted to say that Valt only won because the story needed him too then say he won because it was relevant to the plot Because that is how you would say it in a literate way. For example, Free’s first loss to Lui is plot because it occurs in the plot (story). What you meant to say was that it didn’t matter to the plot so what I’m trying to say is that you aren’t saying things right. As for the instances of luck you gave, Valt moving to the semi because Cuza beat Kurt is not luck because Cuza beat Kurt fairly. In his battle with Zac it wasn’t luck and he did fairly beat Zac because Valkyrie touched Zeus. It isn’t luck if the probability of it happening are certain. There wasn’t a chance Kurt was gonna beat Cuza it was gonna happen. There wasn’t a chance Valkyrie would have burst Zeus it wasn’t some 50/50 probable moment. And as for your final point with Free injuring his arm, I’m honestly tired of people bringing up this god awful point. Free didn’t strain his arm by chance. He strained his arm because he was trying to blade at a power level he clearly couldn’t control otherwise he would never have injured himself in the first place. Free never injured his arm by chance and it was bound to happen so Valt won fairly. Some people will say Free would never have lost if he hadn’t injured his arm and you could be right, but that’s an impossible scenario if he uses his vein mode. And if he doesn’t he doesn’t match Valt’s power so he loses in any scenario.
Can you read? When did I say he injured his arm by chance? All is said is that he injured it. If Free never injured himself he would’ve beat Valt, there really is no debate about it. Just stop picking favorites for a second and state facts. You’re really trying to tell me the battle against Zac wasn’t luck? Or that Cuza (who’s was 0-5) happens the beat Kurtz (who was 4-1) without any plot armor? All I’m saying is that s1 and s2 Valt clearly had luck and plot armour. It’s not bad that he did because a win is a win and you can’t take anything from that. Luck isn’t bad either. It’s clear to say every burst protagonist has had luck and plot armor. Plus you really can’t say Aiga had plot armour and Valt didn’t cuz that’s clearly picking favorites.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:05 AM)Admiral W Wrote: How is it clearly the case? Each of the battles that Valt won was a result of training and determination. If he was blowing bladers away without any work put into improving his skill, then that would have been the case. But it isn't, over the course of those two seasons we witnessed Valt determined training. Your point has no weight to it.
Just because you train doesn’t mean you don’t have plot armor. Tbh with burst it just depends on who is the protagonist because they’ve all had plot armor. All the great bladers have trained just as much as Valt. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Like Lui stated he doesn’t sleep, he said he trains all day. But we don’t see it because he’s not the protagonist.
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:58 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:34 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: Iui beat free the first time was to hype him up.i mean lui won back to back battles against shu/red eye and valt plus free by doing this you make him a threat both shu and free were basically unstoppable in god/evolution they needed to show a vulnerability and lui was that guy  . and made shu/red eye victory or free's  rematches more important and impactful for these characters
Please tell me who thought Lui wasn’t already strong.

(Jul. 05, 2020  6:41 AM)Admiral W Wrote: He probably means plot armor, which isn't true in Valt's case.
It clearly is.

(Jul. 05, 2020  6:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I don't receive or agree with that. Valt's progression across those first two seasons was well executed. He grew into his power. In that battle with Free, yes he was up two 2-1 but the very next round was a double burst. Valt was extremely close to beating him. If you don't like Valt, that's fine, but to deny to his growth in power and skill is unreasonable when it's been so wonderfully handled. He's never won a battle out of luck. And to see all his hard work culminate in his epic win against Shu at the international bladers cup, was so satisfying. He learned so much from the people around him and put his back into his training.
How am I denying his growth in power when I just stated that he was the best blader?

(Jul. 05, 2020  6:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote: I don't receive or agree with that. Valt's progression across those first two seasons was well executed. He grew into his power. In that battle with Free, yes he was up two 2-1 but the very next round was a double burst. Valt was extremely close to beating him. If you don't like Valt, that's fine, but to deny to his growth in power and skill is unreasonable when it's been so wonderfully handled. He's never won a battle out of luck. And to see all his hard work culminate in his epic win against Shu at the international bladers cup, was so satisfying. He learned so much from the people around him and put his back into his training.

How? After all those hits Zuetron was clearly on the verge of bursting. That last collision was the final straw. Nothing unreasonable about that.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:07 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Can you read? When did I say he injured his arm by chance? All is said is that he injured it. If Free never injured himself he would’ve beat Valt, there really is no debate about it. Just stop picking favorites for a second and state facts. You’re really trying to tell me the battle against Zac wasn’t luck? Or that Cuza (who’s was 0-5) happens the beat Kurtz (who was 4-1) without any plot armor? All I’m saying is that s1 and s2 Valt clearly had luck and plot armour. It’s not bad that he did because a win is a win and you can’t take anything from that. Luck isn’t bad either. It’s clear to say every burst protagonist has had luck and plot armor. Plus you really can’t say Aiga had plot armour and Valt didn’t cuz that’s clearly picking favorites.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:05 AM)Admiral W Wrote: How is it clearly the case? Each of the battles that Valt won was a result of training and determination. If he was blowing bladers away without any work put into improving his skill, then that would have been the case. But it isn't, over the course of those two seasons we witnessed Valt determined training. Your point has no weight to it.
Just because you train doesn’t mean you don’t have plot armor. Tbh with burst it just depends on who is the protagonist because they’ve all had plot armor. All the great bladers have trained just as much as Valt. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Like Lui stated he doesn’t sleep, he said he trains all day. But we don’t see it because he’s not the protagonist.
First off, Cuza trained for his battle with Kurt and therefore it wasn’t a win by luck. He used his special move on Kukulcan and it burst simple as that. Also I can read just fine there’s no need to insult me and this is what you said quoted “Here is where the plot and luck kicks in. Valt vs Zac in the semi finals of the National Tournament. Valt having to rely on Cuza for a chance into the finals (Plus Cuza beating Kurtz). Free having to be injured for Valt to get to the finals. (Free was up 2-1).” I know you never said free hurting his arm was chance but since he never hurt his arm due to chance then he never could have won this battle. Let me put it to you this way there is no “if Free never injured himself.” It was inevitable as long as he used his veins at such an intense power so Valt was guaranteed to win. The only way Free wouldn’t injure his arm is if he never used his vein power which would mean he wouldn’t be powerful enough to beat Valt (evident by how he used it against Valt in the first place. Let me teach you something, if it doesn’t occur due to chance, then it can’t be defined as luck.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:07 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:26 AM)Zeutron Wrote: The word plot can simply be defined as the events that occur in the story which is why I said that everything that occurs is plot because you seem to not use the term correctly. You are right that certain events don’t matter to plot but that was not the point I was trying to make. If you wanted to say that Valt only won because the story needed him too then say he won because it was relevant to the plot Because that is how you would say it in a literate way. For example, Free’s first loss to Lui is plot because it occurs in the plot (story). What you meant to say was that it didn’t matter to the plot so what I’m trying to say is that you aren’t saying things right. As for the instances of luck you gave, Valt moving to the semi because Cuza beat Kurt is not luck because Cuza beat Kurt fairly. In his battle with Zac it wasn’t luck and he did fairly beat Zac because Valkyrie touched Zeus. It isn’t luck if the probability of it happening are certain. There wasn’t a chance Kurt was gonna beat Cuza it was gonna happen. There wasn’t a chance Valkyrie would have burst Zeus it wasn’t some 50/50 probable moment. And as for your final point with Free injuring his arm, I’m honestly tired of people bringing up this god awful point. Free didn’t strain his arm by chance. He strained his arm because he was trying to blade at a power level he clearly couldn’t control otherwise he would never have injured himself in the first place. Free never injured his arm by chance and it was bound to happen so Valt won fairly. Some people will say Free would never have lost if he hadn’t injured his arm and you could be right, but that’s an impossible scenario if he uses his vein mode. And if he doesn’t he doesn’t match Valt’s power so he loses in any scenario.
Can you read? When did I say he injured his arm by chance? All is said is that he injured it. If Free never injured himself he would’ve beat Valt, there really is no debate about it. Just stop picking favorites for a second and state facts. You’re really trying to tell me the battle against Zac wasn’t luck? Or that Cuza (who’s was 0-5) happens the beat Kurtz (who was 4-1) without any plot armor? All I’m saying is that s1 and s2 Valt clearly had luck and plot armour. It’s not bad that he did because a win is a win and you can’t take anything from that. Luck isn’t bad either. It’s clear to say every burst protagonist has had luck and plot armor. Plus you really can’t say Aiga had plot armour and Valt didn’t cuz that’s clearly picking favorites.

When it comes the to main character, that's something we need to see. It gives weight to their growth. Our seeing it makes it feel earned. Characters should grow as a series progresses, that includes their skill and power. You making it seem like it's unreasonable that Valt grew over the course of the series and achieved the top spot. The fact that he had setbacks along the way is part of what made his eventual victories all the more satisfying. That's not plot armor or luck, that's good character work. And truth be told, they did better with Valt then all the other burst protagonists.
well the entire argument of one of your posts was worded wrong therefore people are just pointing that out. We are not attacking you at all ( i am in fact a free fan and trust me i wanted free to be no 1 again Wink ) but are just pointing out that valt had to struggle a lot and in view of that struggle he in fact deserves to be top.. we havent really seen any character other than valt struggle like this and therefore are just stating that the current top spot is apt for valt.. nothing more and nothing less
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:15 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: well  the entire argument of one of your posts was worded wrong therefore people are just pointing that out. We are not attacking you at all ( i am in fact a free fan and trust me i wanted free to be no 1 again Wink ) but  are just pointing out that valt had to struggle a lot and in view of that struggle he in fact deserves to be top.. we havent really seen any character other than valt struggle like this and therefore are just stating that the current top spot is apt for valt.. nothing more and nothing  less
I hope you know I already said that.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:11 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  6:58 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Please tell me who thought Lui wasn’t already strong.

It clearly is.

How? After all those hits Zuetron was clearly on the verge of bursting. That last collision was the final straw. Nothing unreasonable about that.
Please rewatch. Valkyrie wasn’t even spinning at that point and Zeutron was all powered up and had his avatar out with a glowing bey. Valt just tapped it and won. But LIKE IS SAID A WIN IS A WIN.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:14 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:07 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: Can you read? When did I say he injured his arm by chance? All is said is that he injured it. If Free never injured himself he would’ve beat Valt, there really is no debate about it. Just stop picking favorites for a second and state facts. You’re really trying to tell me the battle against Zac wasn’t luck? Or that Cuza (who’s was 0-5) happens the beat Kurtz (who was 4-1) without any plot armor? All I’m saying is that s1 and s2 Valt clearly had luck and plot armour. It’s not bad that he did because a win is a win and you can’t take anything from that. Luck isn’t bad either. It’s clear to say every burst protagonist has had luck and plot armor. Plus you really can’t say Aiga had plot armour and Valt didn’t cuz that’s clearly picking favorites.

When it comes the to main character, that's something we need to see. It gives weight to their growth. Our seeing it makes it feel earned. Characters should grow as a series progresses, that includes their skill and power. You making it seem like it's unreasonable that Valt grew over the course of the series and achieved the top spot. The fact that he had setbacks along the way is part of what made his eventual victories all the more satisfying. That's not plot armor or luck, that's good character work. And truth be told, they did better with Valt then all the other burst protagonists.
Ya clearly Valt is the best protagonist but that has nothing to do with him not having plot armor. Everything I say you guys just answer back with “struggle” and “determination”. Valt had both of those but he still had plot armor.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:19 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:15 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: well  the entire argument of one of your posts was worded wrong therefore people are just pointing that out. We are not attacking you at all ( i am in fact a free fan and trust me i wanted free to be no 1 again Wink ) but  are just pointing out that valt had to struggle a lot and in view of that struggle he in fact deserves to be top.. we havent really seen any character other than valt struggle like this and therefore are just stating that the current top spot is apt for valt.. nothing more and nothing  less
I hope you know I already said that.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:11 AM)Admiral W Wrote: How? After all those hits Zuetron was clearly on the verge of bursting. That last collision was the final straw. Nothing unreasonable about that.
Please rewatch. Valkyrie wasn’t even spinning at that point and Zeutron was all powered up and had his avatar out with a glowing bey. Valt just tapped it and won. But LIKE IS SAID A WIN IS A WIN.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:14 AM)Admiral W Wrote: When it comes the to main character, that's something we need to see. It gives weight to their growth. Our seeing it makes it feel earned. Characters should grow as a series progresses, that includes their skill and power. You making it seem like it's unreasonable that Valt grew over the course of the series and achieved the top spot. The fact that he had setbacks along the way is part of what made his eventual victories all the more satisfying. That's not plot armor or luck, that's good character work. And truth be told, they did better with Valt then all the other burst protagonists.
Ya clearly Valt is the best protagonist but that has nothing to do with him not having plot armor. Everything I say you guys just answer back with “struggle” and “determination”. Valt had both of those but he still had plot armor.

I'm talking about pure character work. If the main character doesn't progress as a story develops, then the story for the most part doesn't work. The trick is to make that character growth reasonable. That's a critical part of good storytelling. They accomplished that well with Valt.
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:19 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: I hope you know I already said that.

I'm talking about pure character work. If the main character doesn't progress as a story develops, then the story for the most part doesn't work. The trick is to make that character growth reasonable. That's a critical part of good storytelling. They accomplished that well with Valt.
Valt had character development, COOL. He also had PLOT ARMOR.

(Jul. 05, 2020  7:26 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:19 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: I hope you know I already said that.

Valt had character development, COOL. He also had PLOT ARMOR.