Which series of Beyblade is best

Poll: Which Series of Beyblade is the Best?

Plastic Gen
0%
HMS
13.79%
Metal Fight
20.69%
Zero-G
0%
Burst
65.52%
Total: 100% 29 vote(s)
Plastic Generation
HMS
Metal Fight
Burst
Burst is my favorite. I really like how a bey explodes into 3 or 4 peices.
Mfb all the way for me only because It’s the generation I started with.
They each have their own thing. Right now im digging Burst.
I think they all have their cool factors, though I'm going with Burst. Even though I grew up with the Plastic Generation and MFB, Burst is just so much fun and gives Attack Type users a bit more hope in case you don't KO Stamina or Defense Types early.
Metal fight is personally my favorite, but Burst is gonna take it since there's so much that can be done with the system as TT has shown.
I'm actually a bit conflicted.

Plastics have their charm and a bit of nostalgia, but I'll be the first to admit that they're altogether a bit too fragile (especially with many thin ARs, like Polta's Try Cutter or Bump King's Upper Force) and it's especially easy to lose the little tabs in the blade base as it spins, shooting them off like little darts. Even if the fragility issues were solved (and let's be frank, some of those issues are just age) I just think that it's altogether too complicated. Some bases have support parts, others don't. Some blade bases can work with some cores, others won't work right (especially regarding the Engine Gear system). Some older ARs are only capable of spinning right while the others can spin either direction, which is a really awkward thing to have to consider given that they could let them spin left simply by not adding in those tabs into left spin gears. It's just too many things to keep track of sometimes.

HMS is more my style, where mostly everything is compact, easy to use, and flexible. Just about every combination of AR, weight disk, and core can be used with each other fine without all the excessive complexities of the plastic gen. Anything can spin either direction, the only series to allow it on every single release. The only issue it really has is that metal on plastic collisions can easily cause dents or damage, and some pieces of metal are thin enough to break. Also, a big hindrance is its massive price tag. Nowadays these things are incredibly expensive, sans a couple cheaper releases (which are usually pretty weak comparatively, like Draciel MS).

MFB is powerful. It takes little to say that it, alongside Shogun Steel, are very likely the most powerful Beyblades ever released. These things constantly gave me bruises until I learned how to stop them effectively, and even then I got smacked hard enough by them even with that skill. Thing is, it's hard to find some battles between them to be exciting, especially when two Stamina or Defense types are going at each other. Unless something in the arena has some actual offensive power, battles quickly grow boring as they tink lightly against each other. It's like watching a couple schoolkids slapfighting, and it is really sad and disappointing to see. I respect its strength and their systems are mostly fine (though I've shattered over a dozen face bolts, plus broken many tips too), but it's not the top choice to me given how easily their battles can grow dull without enough of an offensive threat in play. I just really don't like waiting 3 minutes for them to spin down, knowing that they just can't take each other out at all.

And Burst, well, I'm honestly sorta happy with how it's been turning out so far. The system itself is simple enough with its "twist the layer on top" construction, and yet has extra complexities to consider with the whole fact that they can burst apart. Sometimes launching hard is a bad idea and a softer launch is the key to winning, a rarity for Beyblades and yet another layer of depth. It really is amazing to me how they made such a simple system of layer > weight > tip into something so rich.

All in all, it's hard to say whether I like HMS beys or Burst beys better. HMS definitely gets nostalgia points and have some significant power despite their tiny size (even beating Plastic gen beys that are larger overall), but Burst itself is just so deep and is rarely ever boring to watch.
(Dec. 23, 2019  5:48 PM)SmartStrike Wrote: Plastic Generation
HMS
Metal Fight
Burst

I got into burst anime before I even knew metal fight was a thing then after I finished watching burst I gave the metal fight a shot and and loved it way more than burst

(Dec. 25, 2019  6:04 AM)Haunter Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2019  5:48 PM)SmartStrike Wrote: Plastic Generation
HMS
Metal Fight
Burst

I got into burst anime before I even knew metal fight was a thing then after I finished watching burst I gave the metal fight a shot and and loved it way more than burst

But for the actual products I like Burst way more