Whats Your Favortie Type Of Music?

Poll: Whats Your Favortie Type/Genre Of Music??

Hip-Hop
7.07%
Rap
10.33%
Rock (All types)
42.93%
Bassline
1.63%
Garage
0.54%
Other
37.50%
Total: 100% 184 vote(s)
(Mar. 19, 2009  2:58 AM)Synesthesia Wrote: Also, why isn't country music getting any mention? Got to be some fans of southern music in here!

When I went to Georgia me and my dad listened to nothing but country in the car because we couldn't really find much else on the radio. Then when we got home my dad made me download it all for him. It turned into a little guilty pleasure. XD
(Mar. 19, 2009  1:51 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Apparently theres more than one type of hardcore. I meant like Underoath:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5bHCzHWj...C4&index=6

or Inhale Exhale:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwWCYERNis
And, well, that's all of that I listen to, so I realized I don't like hardcore too much.

Also, yeah, I've been listening to newgrounds artists, such as Oscillist, Nubbinownz, F-777, and Hopeku. There really are some awesome artists on there. (BTW, really liked the second link, but not the others XD)

Haha, I always forget that another genre stole the name of hardcore.

If I'm going to listen to anything as heavy as that, it'll be ridiculous metal, like dragon force or something.

NG is pretty sweet for discovering music. There is a lot of awful, but also a lot of secretly fantastic artists hiding there.
I like rock, hard rock, punk, blues Tongue_out.
(Mar. 19, 2009  3:37 PM)Minion Wrote: Haha, I always forget that another genre stole the name of hardcore.

If I'm going to listen to anything as heavy as that, it'll be ridiculous metal, like dragon force or something.

NG is pretty sweet for discovering music. There is a lot of awful, but also a lot of secretly fantastic artists hiding there.

There are many awful artists on there, the but the good ones are really good.
And, yeah, I used to listen to only heavy music like that, but it got kinda boring, so started listening to DnB and Trance, etc.

I also forgot to mention that I listen to a little bit of Rock like The Almost, Lost Prophets, Crossfade, and Linkin Park (there are a few others, but I seldom listen to them).
(Mar. 19, 2009  3:37 PM)Minion Wrote: Haha, I always forget that another genre stole the name of hardcore.

They stole it?

Dragon Force isn't heavy, and is one of the worst Power Metal bands. There's an unusual amount good of Power Metal out there, if that's your thing.

Edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_techno

Seems like you have it the wrong way around, but I'm no expert.
They can barely play their own music live, which is pretty pathetic.
I'm all for technicality in music but when it gets to the point where you can't perform the songs live then that sort of defeats the purpose of being a band in the first place.

Watch some Between the Buried and Me live -- its face melting that they are able to play that stuff live and play it so well.
Between The Buried and Me have been one of my favorite bands for a while. Colors was brilliant.

It takes a lot of experience to play technical music live, that, or you're just a machine. The majority of my favorite bands/musicians compose extremely technical music, and are able to pull it off live like it's second nature. Which is why it's kind of lame that Dragonforce got so popular when their live performances are such a drunken mess.
Between the Buried and Me FTW!

I watched one of their live videos and it made my head implode. I probably have listened to Colors throughout like 3 times this past week.

Definitely going to get their other albums in the near future.
Surprised anyone here even likes BTBM. They're pretty brutal at times.
I've liked BTBM for a loooong time now. lol
Dragon Force's songs sound all the same XD
They're pretty pathetic tbh. (Y)
Just looked these guys up having never actually heard of them. Vocals aren't amazing but then I never really love that kind of singing unless I know the song (so I know how it should sound, otherwise it's kinda just noise to me). But it wasn't terrible or anything and the actual music was amazing. Definitely gonna check them out some more. Grin

Lol, I meant BTBM not Dragon Force btw. ^^;
To me, all Rock sounds the same.
(Mar. 22, 2009  7:12 PM)KidTala Wrote: To me, all Rock sounds the same.

You are clearly a fool.

Then you need to book an appointment with an audiologist.

Gonna not tear your post apart, but try not to carp your half brained thoughts into good threads.

Rocky:
If you're the type of person into lyrics, then looking them up always helps to follow along.
(Mar. 22, 2009  10:56 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: Rocky:
If you're the type of person into lyrics, then looking them up always helps to follow along.

Mmhm, I wasn't gonna go crazy then as I just wanted to hear what they were like but I'll look them up later for sure. Got any reccommendations of their best songs?
Selkies: The Endless Obsession, and anything from Colors.
(Mar. 22, 2009  11:52 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: Selkies: The Endless Obsession, and anything from Colors.

^^This. That song has some of the cleanest guitars I have ever heard in my life. I would die to go see one of their shows
There are a lot of good songs on "Alaska". I love that album a lot too, though "Colors" is definitely a lot better.

And don't forget the song "Mordecai" from the CD "The Silent Circus" -- that one rocks too.
i lik3 all music so i don't kno wat to vote on
im a rock lover and you arent then dont talk about it