What you don't like about MFB

(Nov. 27, 2008  12:35 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: That or they just fly off, Especially eye stickers, Urgh, peeling them off the bottom of the stadium used to be a pain in the carp.

As for my launcher, it might just be the cogs, since my other one works fine using the same winder.

I was planning to paint all of the eye stickers on all of my beys, but I'm not sure if I'm patient enough anymore.
(Nov. 27, 2008  1:02 AM)G Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  12:35 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: That or they just fly off, Especially eye stickers, Urgh, peeling them off the bottom of the stadium used to be a pain in the carp.

As for my launcher, it might just be the cogs, since my other one works fine using the same winder.

I was planning to paint all of the eye stickers on all of my beys, but I'm not sure if I'm patient enough anymore.

I almost lost my patience trying to get the eyes on my "Galux" right. It's like "ARGH!" Because the paint just won't go where you want it to.
"It's like, 'ARGH!'"

May "Gekiryu" Pirate, the greatest philosopher
(Nov. 27, 2008  8:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: "It's like, 'ARGH!'"

May "Gekiryu" Pirate, the greatest philosopher

Why thank you Tongue_out

That made me chuckle first thing in the morning XD
(Nov. 26, 2008  9:28 PM)Grey Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Shooter skips when the teeth on the Winder don't correctly line up with the cogs in the Shooter.

The shooters have a clutch in the housing of the prongs. It will slip when too much force is exerted on it. You can see it through holes on the inside of each prong. This white piece is the clutch.

I believe what it is meant to do is skip forward when the shooter abruptly stops and shoots the Beyblade. The impact of the Beyblade on the prongs is alleviated if the clutch skips rather than being directed right into the central gear and stopper assembly, minimizing breakage.

The clutch skips for me when I shoot. I have found that applying a few coats of nail polish to the inside of the clutch housing and on the two tabs on the clutch that contact the outer part of the housing can solve this problem.
Quote:The clutch skips for me when I shoot. I have found that applying a few coats of nail polish to the inside of the clutch housing and on the two tabs on the clutch that contact the outer part of the housing can solve this problem.

Might do that when I get my MFB if I have a problem. This counts as legal customisation right?
dont know if this has been metioned but i hate how scratched and dinged up MFB get then again in the manga pegasis has like scratches on it maybe they did this to cove up how easy they scratch Confused
(Nov. 30, 2008  10:21 AM)taru678 Wrote: dont know if this has been metioned but i hate how scratched and dinged up MFB get then again in the manga pegasis has like scratches on it maybe they did this to cove up how easy they scratch Confused

They actually have made that on purpose to make a Beyblade seem "badass" and I believe its not that much of a problem Smile
(Nov. 30, 2008  3:32 PM)ZenX Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2008  10:21 AM)taru678 Wrote: dont know if this has been metioned but i hate how scratched and dinged up MFB get then again in the manga pegasis has like scratches on it maybe they did this to cove up how easy they scratch Confused

They actually have made that on purpose to make a Beyblade seem "badass" and I believe its not that much of a problem Smile

Though I'm not sure if this was their original intention...
(Nov. 29, 2008  7:18 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
Quote:The clutch skips for me when I shoot. I have found that applying a few coats of nail polish to the inside of the clutch housing and on the two tabs on the clutch that contact the outer part of the housing can solve this problem.

Might do that when I get my MFB if I have a problem. This counts as legal customisation right?

I don't know, but there's no rule directly against it. The only thing it does is make the shooter work the way it should.

In any case I don't care right now because I like my shooters to actually work and I need to get many of them to work properly for my students so they don't all get saddled with skipping launchers.
(Nov. 27, 2008  9:27 AM)Anubis Wrote: The shooters have a clutch in the housing of the prongs. It will slip when too much force is exerted on it. You can see it through holes on the inside of each prong. This white piece is the clutch.

I believe what it is meant to do is skip forward when the shooter abruptly stops and shoots the Beyblade. The impact of the Beyblade on the prongs is alleviated if the clutch skips rather than being directed right into the central gear and stopper assembly, minimizing breakage.

[Image: th_Launcher100.jpg]
For clarification, the yellow piece is an earlier example of said clutch, used in Ez Shooters. I imagine it is practically identical.
Grey does that help Smile
(Dec. 01, 2008  7:48 AM)Blue Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  9:27 AM)Anubis Wrote: The shooters have a clutch in the housing of the prongs. It will slip when too much force is exerted on it. You can see it through holes on the inside of each prong. This white piece is the clutch.

[Image: th_Launcher100.jpg]
For clarification, the yellow piece is an earlier example of said clutch, used in Ez Shooters. I imagine it is practically identical.
Grey does that help Smile

Yeah, I have a better understanding of it now, thank you. Smile
The thing I dont like about MFB? The fact it will cost me $35 for a Starter, because online aint an option for me, I have to deal with an import shop that greatly overprices. Should only take 3 years after MFB is discontinued for me to get it for 2 bucks...
(Dec. 02, 2008  6:17 AM)To Wrote: The thing I dont like about MFB? The fact it will cost me $35 for a Starter, because online aint an option for me

this is your fault and nobody else's
Might be his parents' fault for not letting him order off the internet or something. Give him a chance to explain at least? =/

EDIT: I see that it's not necessarily ABOUT the MFB though, it's more about other stuff so it's not really takara's fault...
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:01 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Might be his parents' fault for not letting him order off the internet or something. Give him a chance to explain at least? =/

i was ordering off the internet without my parents being involved at all when i was fourteen, sooo
(Dec. 03, 2008  7:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:01 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Might be his parents' fault for not letting him order off the internet or something. Give him a chance to explain at least? =/

i was ordering off the internet without my parents being involved at all when i was fourteen, sooo

Yeah but was it with their credit card? I seriously doubt my parents would trust me with their credit card details lol.
(Dec. 03, 2008  7:48 PM)Pikachao Wrote:

Yeah but was it with their credit card? I seriously doubt my parents would trust me with their credit card details lol.

no, it was with my bank account and paypal
(Dec. 03, 2008  8:00 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2008  7:48 PM)Pikachao Wrote:

no, it was with my bank account and paypal

Fair enough then I guess. I'm willing to bet I could make a TON of money if I was bothered to sell any of the stuff lying around at my house but I don't even have a bank account properly or anything. xD
i think the size of the MFB ruins it slightly, i know it because they are heavier than the past generations of beyblades but seriously if these are ment to be aimed at younger kids they are going to loose them straight away. Also the price for the size of them might be off-putting for some buyers. beybrad, why do you not like the origional bitbeast picture. i loved the way they looked and when i was 8 or 9 i realy did belive bitbeasts were real, i think this will ruin a magical element to beyblades for the new generation of bladers. Also, this is a bit off topic, d'you think they will introduce spirits in the beyblades later on in the manga?
(Dec. 12, 2008  10:32 PM)neek_alert Wrote: Also, this is a bit off topic, d'you think they will introduce spirits in the beyblades later on in the manga?

I think they made it pretty clear they weren't going to. Hence the introduction of the constellations.

My main annoyance is just the price/lack of availability. But that'll all get better with time......just gotta be patient. Oh and I really don't like the look of the Shooters. Pinching_eyes_2 But I won't knock them before I've tried them.
(Dec. 12, 2008  10:32 PM)neek_alert Wrote: i think the size of the MFB ruins it slightly, i know it because they are heavier than the past generations of beyblades but seriously if these are ment to be aimed at younger kids they are going to loose them straight away. Also the price for the size of them might be off-putting for some buyers. beybrad, why do you not like the origional bitbeast picture. i loved the way they looked and when i was 8 or 9 i realy did belive bitbeasts were real, i think this will ruin a magical element to beyblades for the new generation of bladers.

Um, MFB aren't much smaller than plastics and they're slightly larger than HMS, I doubt kids losing them is going to be that big of an issue.

The price for the size ... what ...? What does the size have anything to do with the pricing?

I don't like the original bit beast picture because Jesus Christ, there's enough anime/manga about battling monsters out there. Beyblade is a pretty unique idea and shoehorning monster battling into it makes it cliched beyond belief. They served no purpose other than to be a "deus ex machina" for the main characters of the series and some carp for little kids to believe in. They were just stickers and anyone who got a "magical" element from them has severe problems separating fantasy from reality.

Then again I was thirteen when I started Beyblading so maybe that just flew over my head entirely. However, I'd rather kids focus on becoming better as Bladers rather than what vaguely-dragon-looking-thing is stuck to their Beyblade.

The Faces are a lot cooler and more unique, IMO.
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:13 PM)yruahippo Wrote: My main annoyance is just the price/lack of availability.

They're not any more expensive than previous series', and if you can't find them, you're not trying very hard.
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:13 PM)yruahippo Wrote: My main annoyance is just the price/lack of availability.

They're not any more expensive than previous series', and if you can't find them, you're not trying very hard.

Well I know they're out there. But opposed to the plastic generation where I could wander down the road to my Woolworths and grab a few for a fiver each (no P&P attached) I think they're a bit hard to get. ^^;
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:25 PM)yruahippo Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Well I know they're out there. But opposed to the plastic generation where I could wander down the road to my Woolworths and grab a few for a fiver each (no P&P attached) I think they're a bit hard to get. ^^;

yeah this is sort of going to happen when they're not released outside of asia yet

i suppose you could wait till 2010