What you don't like about MFB

Your metaphor needs the fact that less and less people are using cars, while you'll soon have many people riding bikes with you.
(Nov. 22, 2008  4:47 PM)Sasch Wrote: Your metaphor needs the fact that less and less people are using cars, while you'll soon have many people riding bikes with you.

Ok, if you want to add that in, sure, but I never said I wasn't going to stick with a car forever.

My point is that in my current position, it's not possible for me to get back my strong interest at this time. I prefer to find things out myself since I'm a doer first, then a thinker later. You gain a better understanding of the parts that way and then you can compare the results you find to other people's on the forum. That's what I did back at OtC. Most of my posts were just in the Hobby and Customization forums since I was always learning from my hours of just sitting down and trying out combinations first hand and then seeing how the parts worked. The drive to learn things by experience was what connected me strongly with the game.

I'm just saying even if my interest isn't strong with MFB right now, I should be able to get back my interest once my YJA package comes that contains my MFBs.
(Nov. 22, 2008  1:31 PM)Dreamborn Wrote: I think you've covered just about everything I don't like about them either, Except I think they've cheaped out on Winders (Much thinner/flimsier than plastic gen/HMS gen) as well as the packaging, I loved the old packages because some of the box artwork was lovely.

I think that this was an intentional decision that probably had little to do with costs.
At the end of the this thread makes me laugh, we never complained when beyblade first came out but you can complain if you want but theres not really a point other then expressing opinions. Think MFB as being the first beyblade series BAM you cant complain then cause thats all you know so far, what I mean to say is its a new beggining for all of us so rejoyce!
I think too much depends on the Wheel for performance. Weight distribution, attacking capabilities, spin direction...that's one major difference from the old series.
Most of the parts had an equal amount of jobs, but now it seems that all of those jobs are now pushed onto the Wheel. The Track, right now, only manages the height, and the Bottom, right now, only manages the movement pattern. Everything else the blade does revolves (heheheh) around the Wheel.

The decrease in power from HMS to MFB is disappointing, but I can deal with that, since it makes tons of sense why it happened. I'm OK with that.

The Shooter drives me insane, but that's because I'm used to the HMS shooter.

MFB has a lot of redeeming qualities, the REVIVAL OF BEIBURAIDO being one of the bigger qualities. I think most people are just expecting the same experience from the old series with this new one, when it's not going to happen. This is a new beginning, as it's been pointed out multiple times before, so it's not really fair to dislike MFB because it isn't the same as HMS.
Well, it really is a letdown that MFB is not better than HMS in the manner of its performance Unhappy

However, as Grey stated since MFB represents the Revival of Beyblade, we should not really complain that much even though I will be feeling bad about spinning direction issue when I get my hands on Wolf...

As a matter of fact, if we assume first MFBs released as the beginning of the Beyblade(First 6 months), they're hell far more better than both Plastics and HMS that were if we compare them only for their generation Wink
(Nov. 23, 2008  10:43 PM)savatoex Wrote: At the end of the this thread makes me laugh, we never complained when beyblade first came out but you can complain if you want but theres not really a point other then expressing opinions. Think MFB as being the first beyblade series BAM you cant complain then cause thats all you know so far, what I mean to say is its a new beggining for all of us so rejoyce!

You cannot ask people to just forget what they know. We are veterans; of course we are going to see the new series relative to the old one.

(Nov. 23, 2008  11:03 PM)Grey Wrote: I think too much depends on the Wheel for performance. Weight distribution, attacking capabilities, spin direction...that's one major difference from the old series.
Most of the parts had an equal amount of jobs, but now it seems that all of those jobs are now pushed onto the Wheel. The Track, right now, only manages the height, and the Bottom, right now, only manages the movement pattern. Everything else the blade does revolves (heheheh) around the Wheel.

I don't see how, structurally, MFB is that different from HMS. The Wheel and AR are essentially the same. WDs are no longer necessary, and the plastic CWD part is relegated to the Track. The Track takes the job of CWD, and half of the RC. The Bottom is the other half of the RC. When you lay them out together, they are very similar. The only difference is fundamentally that tip shape and Beyblade height are no longer connected.

(Nov. 24, 2008  2:51 AM)ZenX Wrote: Well, it really is a letdown that MFB is not better than HMS in the manner of its performance Unhappy

This is relative. Current MFB are unable to beat the best of the HMS era, which is understandable. However, Pegasis, a plastic-flat tipped Beyblade, the first MFB released, is able to hold its own against Wolborg MS. Once we see more advanced Tracks and Bottoms, HMS will not be a major hinderance for MFB. Only the spin-direction duality will be the major factor.
I've had a go at one round Sams house and while i might not know a lot about MFB i can still say that; compared with the plastic series & HMS - it feels less fun. [/align]
Bey brad I meant that hypeothetically of course you cant forget but just be happy its back
(Nov. 24, 2008  8:31 PM)savatoex Wrote: Bey brad I meant that hypeothetically of course you cant forget but just be happy its back

Who's not happy?
(Nov. 24, 2008  5:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2008  11:03 PM)Grey Wrote: I think too much depends on the Wheel for performance. Weight distribution, attacking capabilities, spin direction...that's one major difference from the old series.

I don't see how, structurally, MFB is that different from HMS. The Wheel and AR are essentially the same. WDs are no longer necessary, and the plastic CWD part is relegated to the Track. The Track takes the job of CWD, and half of the RC. The Bottom is the other half of the RC. When you lay them out together, they are very similar. The only difference is fundamentally that tip shape and Beyblade height are no longer connected.

They're different because of the increased reliance on the Wheel. Now, the Wheel does everything that both the AR, SG and WD did of the old series, with the job of the Base/RC split between the Track and Bottom.

Just makes it harder to choose the correct Wheel, I guess.
I really hate how the shooters all skip. I have eight shooters and only one of them works properly, and that's only 40% or so of the time. It won't work any more with Libra because of its weight.

The string shooter is slightly better but it still skips.
They're too expensive

I WILL NOT BE CENSORED
(Nov. 26, 2008  6:49 AM)Anubis Wrote: I really hate how the shooters all skip. I have eight shooters and only one of them works properly, and that's only 40% or so of the time. It won't work any more with Libra because of its weight.

Yeah, that's really really bad. Just one more tooth on the cog would solve that problem.
Don't like the loss of bit beast motifs on the wheels.

Now they look more like random toys Unhappy

Luckily it isn't too bad.
(Nov. 26, 2008  6:23 PM)Werkbau Wrote: Don't like the loss of bit beast motifs on the wheels.

No, not really. The wings on the Pegasis wheel resemble actual wings, and the Wheel also have hove-like designs on them. On the Bull Wheel, there are Bull horns on the ends of the Wings. It's an Upper Attack Wheel because when actual Bulls tend to lift their targets into the air when they charge at them.

And so on.
It's really not that random.
(Nov. 26, 2008  6:49 AM)Anubis Wrote: I really hate how the shooters all skip. I have eight shooters and only one of them works properly, and that's only 40% or so of the time. It won't work any more with Libra because of its weight.

The shooters skip? How can you tell when they skip? I don't think I've had that problem before.

I don't like how the MFB are taking so long to get overseas =P
That, and I liked bit beasts better than "calling on the power of the constellations" or whatever they do now. =P Otherwise, I'm really happy with the way the MFB are. The new style is really cool, they look alot cooler than they did before. I also never got into HMS much(I bought like 6 a few months back, and 3/4 broke so I stopped using them) so MFB being worse than them isn't at all a problem for me (apparently for some it is).
(Nov. 26, 2008  9:20 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:

The shooters skip? How can you tell when they skip? I don't think I've had that problem before.

That, and I liked bit beasts better than "calling on the power of the constellations" or whatever they do now. =P Otherwise, I'm really happy with the way the MFB are. The new style is really cool, they look alot cooler than they did before. I also never got into HMS much(I bought like 6 a few months back, and 3/4 broke so I stopped using them) so MFB being worse than them isn't at all a problem for me (apparently for some it is).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Shooter skips when the teeth on the Winder don't correctly line up with the cogs in the Shooter.
(Nov. 26, 2008  9:28 PM)Grey Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2008  9:20 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Shooter skips when the teeth on the Winder don't correctly line up with the cogs in the Shooter.

Hmmm... Is it really that common? I haven't had that problem. Does it happen over time?
(Nov. 26, 2008  6:23 PM)Werkbau Wrote: Don't like the loss of bit beast motifs on the wheels.

Personally, I'm glad we don't have to find a way to shoehorn a carp dragon head onto every Wheel like they did before HMS.
That's one thing I'm uber happy about. since I had to do the stickers for EVERY single one of Dreamborn's blades (He sucks at them).
And some wheels look nice without stickers so you don't have to bother with them.

I've also found that the new winders suck. I've been using a plastic gen winder for a couple of days now because the teeth on my MFB one arent catching the launcher properly. That or it's just how I pull it, taking into consideration how hard/fast I pull winders anyway.
(Nov. 27, 2008  12:25 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: That's one thing I'm uber happy about. since I had to do the stickers for EVERY single one of Dreamborn's blades (He sucks at them).
And some wheels look nice without stickers so you don't have to bother with them.

I've also found that the new winders suck. I've been using a plastic gen winder for a couple of days now because the teeth on my MFB one arent catching the launcher properly. That or it's just how I pull it, taking into consideration how hard/fast I pull winders anyway.

Did you straighten it?

Also, almost all Beyblades look better without stickers IMO.
(Nov. 27, 2008  12:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2008  12:25 AM)May The Pirate Wrote: That's one thing I'm uber happy about. since I had to do the stickers for EVERY single one of Dreamborn's blades (He sucks at them).

Did you straighten it?

Also, almost all Beyblades look better without stickers IMO.

I'm using the winder I got with the Pegasis DX set, can't get any straighter than that I don't think XD The look on my face was like Chocked_2 when I saw it.

There are some blades that look nice with stickers, until they peel (Phantom fox is one of them, the blue is spiffy) I preferred Gabriel without those horrid orange stickers too.
I just find the stickers look good when you put them on, but since they get pretty dingy once you start using them it's best to just leave them off.
That or they just fly off, Especially eye stickers, Urgh, peeling them off the bottom of the stadium used to be a pain in the carp.

As for my launcher, it might just be the cogs, since my other one works fine using the same winder.