What the loss of Toys R Us has brought

[Image: 15239710955_1325cf00b4.jpg]
*Above is the picture of the Toys R Us that I go to in New Jersey

When I was 5, I loved Toys R Us. I got many toys from over there, but in this story I will be talking about my first bey. I was roaming Toys R us for Sonic merch and toys, when all of a sudden there was a beyblade next to the isle. It was a 2-pack called Aqua Sword Strike which included Hyper Orso SW145JB (info: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper_Orso_SW145JB) and a green recolor of Grand Cetus (info: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Cetus_WD145RS). I instantly got my mom to buy them because they looked cool and fun to play with. When I got home, I battled them. After seeing them battle, I awakened my love for beyblade. Soon, I had a great collection, most of which were Metal Series Hasbro beys (Except for 4D, which I bought all from Takara Tomy).

But then, something terrible happened. "Yet Toys 'R' Us fell victim to the strong currents pulling specialty retailers into oblivion. Walmart, Target and other big-box retailers — stores that offered aisles of toys and everything else, too — began to erode its dominance. And then the emergence of Amazon sped its demise. Toys 'R' Us will shut or sell all of its 735 stores in the United States, according to court documents filed early Thursday. About 31,000 workers in the United States will be laid off.," according to CNN. The cause of this is bankruptcy with 5 billion dollars in debt.

If it wasn't for Toys R Us, I would have never knew about beyblade. I wouldn't even be writing this right now. I'm gonna miss you, Toys R Us.
" I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys r us kid."
(Apr. 02, 2018  2:29 AM)Anthony_Kufahl Wrote: " I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys r us kid."

wasn't born back then, but i get the reference
(Apr. 02, 2018  2:32 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  2:29 AM)Anthony_Kufahl Wrote: " I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys r us kid."

wasn't born back then, but i get the reference

my age is showing lol
They still play that music in the stores in Singapore, I wonder if these will close too. There are some that just opened in the past few years
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:45 AM)Bersilus Wrote: They still play that music in the stores in Singapore, I wonder if these will close too. There are some that just opened in the past few years

hopefully not children need the wonder of a store filled just for them
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:53 AM)Anthony_Kufahl Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:45 AM)Bersilus Wrote: They still play that music in the stores in Singapore, I wonder if these will close too. There are some that just opened in the past few years

hopefully not children need the wonder of a store filled just for them
I agree hope they stay open
(Apr. 02, 2018  5:10 AM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:53 AM)Anthony_Kufahl Wrote: hopefully not children need the wonder of a store filled just for them
I agree hope they stay open

They won't sadly. All of them are closing.
Canada may still keep TRU Joyful_3
I was never ever going to toys r us oy rarely but the things were to expensive and that's why we stopped going there
I blame walmart and amazon.

How much you want to bet Walmart is aelling tornado battlers over actual beyblades?
(Apr. 03, 2018  1:03 PM)Sıon Wrote: I blame walmart and amazon.

How much you want to bet Walmart is aelling tornado battlers over actual beyblades?

My money, house, and computer
I have never went to toys r us but I say farewell
Toys R Us too was where I started my passion for Beyblade.

While I think big box retailers and online services had some part in Toys R Us' demise -- it really comes down to poor money management from the higher-ups (for example giving million dollar bonuses and raises instead of covering debts), and the fact that toys in general are really hurting as an industry due to kids playing with digital mediums such as consoles, phones, and tablets instead. Parents nowadays simply reinforce this by shoving phones and tablets just to get their kids to be quiet and occupied. 

Toys simply aren't what they were anymore...
May you rest in peace, Toys R Us
I never went cause I was really poor as a kid and their prices were always high. Even as a teen I never went there for my beyblades because they sold them for $2-3 more than Target or Walmart.

I do have a good memory of getting my first beyblade there since they were the only ones carrying beyblades in my area. Out of their large selection I unfortunately took dark wolf home. Uncertain
May toy r us be remembered as a place where bladers started and a place I hope I go one day but never did may you be remembered toy r us as the best beyblade selection for kids and adults