What is the worst thing that happened in Beyblade Burst-Sparking?

What is it? The worst thing?

For me, it’s where they bring in characters and don’t bring them in the other seasons! Like Ken. Dude, Ken is from OG Beyblade Burst! Daigo, Wakiya, and all the others are too! At least evolve them and bring them in the other seasons! And there’s where they put in people just to make them a protonojist or antagonist (sorry for the misspelling lol). Take Phi. He’s AWESOME. (Not from the perspective of good and evil, the perspective of his bey and stuff.) I’d love to see him back with like, Cannon Phoenix (a bey name I made) or something! Make him something cool, like where his BEY wants him to be evil, but not him, and the characters sort Phi and help him out. There’s all the OG people, like Zeutron’s owner, that guy like Joshua! 

So, tell me, what’s the worst thing?
the worst thing in my opinion is when they give the antagonist too much plot armor. like bro seriously you make him/her win every single battle via a single special move! like actually put some creativity behind this take lean for example he has so much plot armor. like there are only small instances when he loses, but every time he wins he literally does it by calling *Flare!*. most of lean's battles are so boring and predictable because he has so much plot armor its like he can never lose. anyway thats my opinion on worst thing
This kinda didn't need a thread but whatever I think the worse thing that happened was Rantaro's power I feel like he's gotten better in Evolution but in Sparking they threw that all away
Even though I enjoyed Sparking, i feel like the worst thing in SK was them not adding the rest of the Legends into the Anime, but i feel like thats a con of having 12 Minute Episodes.
My 2 major problems towards Sparking:
-Plot definitely needs more time to progress. With the 12 mins/episode duration, I felt that there's almost no room for more character development and to add more Legendary Bladers. If they can go back to the 24 mins/episode duration, this season would've been better compared to what we got, maybe even better than BB God.
-Lain's major plot armor. As we can see, Lain has been winning for many times thanks for the help of his Flare, even tho he shouldn't have win almost half of total match he has gone through. He's not even that tactical from what I've seen. This shows how his plot armor is probably bigger than anyone else ever in all Beyblade canon.
Hikaru and Hyuga. If I hear Zoom Zoom again in my life, I'm gonna snap. The plot armor bois.
This is about the anime only (because idk about the manga), and purely my opinion, but man, I almost want to consider Sparking a bad fanfic. I could go on a rant but I'm just gonna list the a couple things:

1. The balance between new and returning characters. Back when Sparking was announced, a lot of people (including me) were hyped for the return of the fan-favorites like Shu, Free, Rantaro, Sisco, Lui. Now, here's the thing. These guys have completed character arcs (there's a reason they are well-liked), meaning, to get a good story, you need new characters. Sparking failed at it, there were only three (mediocre) new ones. And the old ones started losing swiftly, so people who were into it purely because they wanted to see the character(s) they were biased towards were probably also disappointed. 
Lesson: If you want a good plot, do that. If you want to appease fans, do that. Don't do both (unless you are a good writer), or you end up with the anime called Beyblade Burst Sparking.

2. Hyuga. Just Hyuga. I'm fine with Hikaru (though I like Valt, Aiga, Drum and Bell more) and don't care about Lane. This protagonist took hotheadedness to it's logical extreme, and I hate the result. I can count the characters I actually dislike in Burst on one hand, and Hyuga is in there. And if I didn't already hate him, the fact that the anime treats him as the more important protagonist over his brother makes me dislike him more.

Welp, looks like it was a bit of a rant after all Tongue_out
(Jun. 28, 2021  3:01 AM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: What is it? The worst thing?

Lane.
(Jun. 28, 2021  3:06 AM)BladeKingX Wrote: the worst thing in my opinion is when they give the antagonist too much plot armor. like bro seriously you make him/her win every single battle via a single special move! like actually put some creativity behind this take lean for example he has so much plot armor. like there are only small instances when he loses, but every time he wins he literally does it by calling *Flare!*. most of lean's battles are so boring and predictable because he has so much plot armor its like he can never lose. anyway thats my opinion on worst thing

And apparently Dread Cannon Crush, Requeim Whip, etc.

(Jun. 28, 2021  3:31 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: This kinda didn't need a thread but whatever I think the worse thing that happened was Rantaro's power I feel like he's gotten better in Evolution but in Sparking they threw that all away

Oh, oof, I haven’t watched Sparking yet.

(Jun. 28, 2021  11:23 AM)i\m batman Wrote: This is about the anime only (because idk about the manga), and purely my opinion, but man, I almost want to consider Sparking a bad fanfic. I could go on a rant but I'm just gonna list the a couple things:

1. The balance between new and returning characters. Back when Sparking was announced, a lot of people (including me) were hyped for the return of the fan-favorites like Shu, Free, Rantaro, Sisco, Lui. Now, here's the thing. These guys have completed character arcs (there's a reason they are well-liked), meaning, to get a good story, you need new characters. Sparking failed at it, there were only three (mediocre) new ones. And the old ones started losing swiftly, so people who were into it purely because they wanted to see the character(s) they were biased together were probably also disappointed. 
Lesson: If you want a good plot, do that. If you want to appease fans, do that. Don't do both (unless you are a good writer), or you end up with the anime called Beyblade Burst Sparking.

2. Hyuga. Just Hyuga. I'm fine with Hikaru (though I like Valt, Aiga, Drum and Bell more) and don't care about Lane. This protagonist took hotheadedness to it's logical extreme, and I hate the result. I can count the characters I actually dislike in Burst on one hand, and Hyuga is in there. And if I didn't already hate him, the fact that the anime treats him as the more important protagonist over his brother makes me dislike him more.

So baccsically 1 is like mine!

(Jun. 28, 2021  5:59 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Even though I enjoyed Sparking, i feel like the worst thing in SK was them not adding the rest of the Legends into the Anime, but i feel like thats a con of having 12 Minute Episodes.
The people from the Legend Festival?
The following, probably:

1- Unequal power distribution between the Asahi bros. If they wanted to focus on Hyuga, they should've just made Hikaru a supporting character/the deutrotagonist, but since they made him a protagonist too, they should at least make them somewhat equal in power.
2- The Legends are just there as cast filler. Like, come on, you're throwing away seasons' worth of character growth here. Valt doesn't do much, Shu was only there because Lane needed a tag partner, Free starts out with some sort of character mini-arc but they scratch that, etc., etc....
3- The anime deviated too much from the manga, and that was a fatal mistake. Taking out the new cast's character arcs made them worse than they already are in many ways; Hyuga has zero development, Lane got some but it was too late, and while Hikaru was the decent one out of the trio, even he was lacking in character.
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:21 PM)PinkRose Wrote: The following, probably:

1- Unequal power distribution between the Asahi bros. If they wanted to focus on Hyuga, they should've just made Hikaru a supporting character/the deutrotagonist, but since they made him a protagonist too, they should at least make them somewhat equal in power.
2- The Legends are just there as cast filler. Like, come on, you're throwing away seasons' worth of character growth here. Valt doesn't do much,  Shu was only there because Lane needed a tag partner, Free starts out with some sort of character mini-arc but they scratch that, etc., etc....
3- The anime deviated too much from the manga, and that was a fatal mistake. Taking out the new cast's character arcs made them worse than they already are in many way; Hyuga has zero development, Lane got some but it was too late, and while Hikaru was the decent one out of the trio, even he was lacking in character.
WHAT? THE HECK? So you’re saying that the creators of Beyblade threw away SHU AND VALT?!
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:24 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:21 PM)PinkRose Wrote: The following, probably:

2- The Legends are just there as cast filler. Like, come on, you're throwing away seasons' worth of character growth here. Valt doesn't do much,  Shu was only there because Lane needed a tag partner, Free starts out with some sort of character mini-arc but they scratch that, etc., etc....
3- The anime deviated too much from the manga, and that was a fatal mistake. Taking out the new cast's character arcs made them worse than they already are in many way; Hyuga has zero development, Lane got some but it was too late, and while Hikaru was the decent one out of the trio, even he was lacking in character.
WHAT? THE HECK? So you’re saying that the creators of Beyblade threw away SHU AND VALT?!

Not exactly; they just degraded them a lot in the past couple season they barely feel like the characters you knew and loved back in the day.
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:29 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:24 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: WHAT? THE HECK? So you’re saying that the creators of Beyblade threw away SHU AND VALT?!

Not exactly; they just degraded them a lot in the past couple season they barely feel like the characters you knew and loved back in the day.

Oh, okay, but that still is bad.
if im being totally honest thats true valt shu all the og's dont really feel the same to me
For me it's these two
i know this is really, REALLY embarrassing, but what is character development? i've been wondering what it was for a long time and i want to use it to make my fanfic better
Needforspeed @BladeKingX is asking you something. But Blade, character development is when a character devlopes. So in the beginning Valt was a blader. But his bey evolved and he soon became the world champion! He developed and became world champion.
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:17 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2021  3:06 AM)BladeKingX Wrote: the worst thing in my opinion is when they give the antagonist too much plot armor. like bro seriously you make him/her win every single battle via a single special move! like actually put some creativity behind this take lean for example he has so much plot armor. like there are only small instances when he loses, but every time he wins he literally does it by calling *Flare!*. most of lean's battles are so boring and predictable because he has so much plot armor its like he can never lose. anyway thats my opinion on worst thing

And apparently Dread Cannon Crush, Requeim Whip, etc.

(Jun. 28, 2021  3:31 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: This kinda didn't need a thread but whatever I think the worse thing that happened was Rantaro's power I feel like he's gotten better in Evolution but in Sparking they threw that all away

(Jun. 28, 2021  11:23 AM)i\m batman Wrote: This is about the anime only (because idk about the manga), and purely my opinion, but man, I almost want to consider Sparking a bad fanfic. I could go on a rant but I'm just gonna list the a couple things:

1. The balance between new and returning characters. Back when Sparking was announced, a lot of people (including me) were hyped for the return of the fan-favorites like Shu, Free, Rantaro, Sisco, Lui. Now, here's the thing. These guys have completed character arcs (there's a reason they are well-liked), meaning, to get a good story, you need new characters. Sparking failed at it, there were only three (mediocre) new ones. And the old ones started losing swiftly, so people who were into it purely because they wanted to see the character(s) they were biased together were probably also disappointed. 

(Jun. 28, 2021  5:59 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Even though I enjoyed Sparking, i feel like the worst thing in SK was them not adding the rest of the Legends into the Anime, but i feel like thats a con of having 12 Minute Episodes.

No, like the rest of the Legends from the manga like Delta, Phi, Xhaka, Gwyn, etc. Wakiya was the only legend from the manga that ended up being in the Anime and he had no importance aside for being used as Jet Wyverns advertisement.
(Jun. 28, 2021  4:49 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: Needforspeed @BladeKingX is asking you something. But Blade,  character development is when a character devlopes. So in the beginning Valt was a blader. But his bey evolved and he soon became the world champion! He developed and became world champion.

alright got it thanks
(Jun. 28, 2021  6:09 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2021  1:17 PM)NamanSpryzen Wrote: And apparently Dread Cannon Crush, Requeim Whip, etc.

No, like the rest of the Legends from the manga like Delta, Phi, Xhaka, Gwyn, etc. Wakiya was the only legend from the manga that ended up being in the Anime and he had no importance aside for being used as Jet Wyverns advertisement.

Oh, thanks Delta (haha, get it?)!
10 minute episodes. I’d say most problems can be avoided with proper 20 minute episodes.
3 Words, Too Much Hyuga!
(Aug. 03, 2021  5:48 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: 3 Words, Too Much Hyuga!

Me feelings have been hurt but that's what happens when you have 2 MCS