What innovation would you like to see in future beyblades?

The glaze on ceramic crockery is actually a thing layer of glass. It would not be viable for stadium use. Likewise, any non-stick surface similar to cookware would be taken off pretty quickly by beys as it's just a thin layer of teflon and works by rubbing off instead of sticking. The only thing I could see happening is a change in plastic to be more like PD but less friction of course results in more self destructs from attack types and less effectiveness from defense types.
Glass Ball would also break and be dangerous. RMJB would likely damage the stadium with its forever hopping metal spikes.

Engine gear or last minute attack layers sound really cool and excellent for gameplay. Sub ARs I'm less sold on because, atleast from the illegal customization videos I've seen, they seem to do very little in this gen.

LED drivers giving a real time feedback on battle stats would be amazing but likely weren't cost effective enough to be viable so far and it would be super weird to have only some of burst do it. It would also mean having replaceable batteries in beys which seems like a bad idea IMO.
Whip would just scrape and slow the user most of the time. Drone is a reversed TT Trypio, could be cool I guess.
Actually there is one thing i wanna in the future of beyblade, minus the spin offs of course.

A line of parts being attached and disattached, like those lego beyblades on youtube. Much more diversity.
Like interchangeable weapons!? That sounds pretty cool!
(Nov. 19, 2015  6:22 AM)gankoba Wrote: Like interchangeable weapons!? That sounds pretty cool!

Pretty much!
(Nov. 19, 2015  1:32 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2015  6:22 AM)gankoba Wrote: Like interchangeable weapons!? That sounds pretty cool!

Pretty much!

Honestly, I could go down for that idea. LOL my favourite would be a chained mace attachment though it would break.

Kinda like Ninjago without the figures?
(Nov. 19, 2015  5:41 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Nov. 19, 2015  1:32 PM)Meta madness Wrote:

Pretty much!

Honestly, I could go down for that idea. LOL my favourite would be a chained mace attachment though it would break.

Kinda like Ninjago without the figures?

lol, that would be interesting. If you ask me, that would be lovely, though kind of hard to see it lasting pretty long.

Speaking of which, did someone in her actually suggest a bit-beast at one point? mildly curious.
Yes, hollographic battling bit beast projections from the bit chips have been suggested numerous times. For what it's worth, I actually enjoyed Bey Warriors though.
New stadiums. A type of durable ceramic, a giant bb10, a magnetic stadium for mfb, cyclone stadium(metal masters), a dual layer stadium(two stacked stadiums with hole in top one), and a stadium that spins on an axis that you can control spin speed and direction.
What about a Driver part with a bearing-ized rubber defense tip? I think that Defense Grip Base 2 should make a comeback as a Driver, don't you think?
(Nov. 25, 2015  11:22 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: What about a Driver part with a bearing-ized rubber defense tip? I think that Defense Grip Base 2 should make a comeback as a Driver, don't you think?

Could be amazing; could also work against it as well.
Bearing tips allow the top to stin freely from the driver's grip, potentially lessening the burst increase from the rubber. I'd rather see that for attack as it seems like it might be too immovable for defense in Burst.

Dual layer stadiums already exist and MFB magnestadiums would just add a tiny amount of pseudo-friction as the zinc alloy used is only ever so slightly magnetic and the series has no real magnets.
(Nov. 25, 2015  11:22 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: What about a Driver part with a bearing-ized rubber defense tip? I think that Defense Grip Base 2 should make a comeback as a Driver, don't you think?

This is what I once mentioned before.
HMS also had one. Yet another great tip – like Metal Change – totally missing from MFB Unhappy
Not every series needs massive numbers of bearing parts though IMO. Helps make them more distinct this way.
(Nov. 26, 2015  2:53 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Not every series needs massive numbers of bearing parts though IMO.

OK? I don't disagree. But grip bearing tips behave totally differently from plastic ones.
I'm just saying that MFB was fine without, I have nothing against the idea in Burst other than that it might disrupt the grip vs burst defense tradeoff we've seen so far. Bit early to judge, mind.
a f:d like tip that's not rubber, and is spiked(maybe) not semi flat on bottom. also make all bets weigh less so there is not so much launched strain. ( ruined 7 light launchers from 4d)
(Nov. 26, 2015  2:10 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you already proposed something like this.
(Nov. 26, 2015  4:39 AM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2015  2:10 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you already proposed something like this.

No, don't be sorry. It's fine to say the idea again as my post is hard to find at this point.
@J.I.N.B.E.E.! Ah, OK then, dude.
(Nov. 26, 2015  4:15 AM)GhostShot Wrote: a f:d like tip that's not rubber, and is spiked(maybe) not semi flat on bottom. also make all bets weigh less so there is not so much launched strain. ( ruined 7 light launchers from 4d)

The 4d launchers really did feel the most nerfed compared to the other beyblade launchers. Felt slightly more rougher and not as smooth when you launched though, that sounds more a personal issues with launchers then anything else.
...necro, necro, necro, necro, mushroom, mushroom...

So dual layers are just normal layers that are structurally weaker. They look cool but are otherwise pretty standard for a Beyblade second-wave. So in keeping with the theme of this thread (which totally deserves to be revived) here is what I imagne a proper "dual" layer system should be:
  • Take a Dark Deathscyther and cut it in half. One scythe for each half. Redesign each half so that they fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. Each half obviously has only one slot to fit the disc and launcher and will not work on its own.
  • Then replace the bolts with neodymium magnets for easy snap-together assembly. At this scale and with this kind of weight, two magnets of this kind would easily keep the two halves together during spin and withstand all but the heaviest hits, assuming the two parts otherwise fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. Takara-Tomy would more likely use plastic clips for this (like they do on their transformers) but magnets would be way better!
  • Now make and sell every layer this way - with two halves making a whole. You can now combine halves from completely different layers to make hybrid layers. Hybrid layers would obviously react differently to impacts depending on which side were hit.
  • Clearly the teeth for each side would no longer be symetrical. If you combine a defense half with an attack half, I imagine it would be more likely to burst the hybrid layer by impacting its attacking side - but this would obviously need some close attention during design. The point is, the location of the hit on the layer becomes just as critical as the hit itself.
  • Pretty much all CAD software these days allows designers to manage the weight of an object even when it is under extreme force - such as the spin of a Beyblade. This technology allows designers to create asymetrical wheels (or in this case, layers) which are perfectly weighted at a certain spin velocity... Yup. This means hybrid layers (depending on which layers were combined) would work best only when spun at a very specific velocity - making control of launch strength a crucial factor in the outcome.

And there you go. A series of layers that come in halves rather than a full ring. Thread revived.