What draws your attention in anime?

Hi, so I get that the answer for this question is different for different people, and I was thinking what kind of things get your attention in anime? Is it the animation style? The OST? Fan service? Put what draws your attention here. For me It's anime with a really awesome OST, as well as the animation style. Anime with both of these are Chuunibyou and Hyouka (But im a biased person when it comes to Chuunibyou so I prefer that over most anime XD).
(Jun. 12, 2019  1:29 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hi, so I get that the answer for this question is different for different people, and I was thinking what kind of things get your attention in anime? Is it the animation style? The OST? Fan service? Put what draws your attention here. For me It's anime with a really awesome OST, as well as the animation style. Anime with both of these are Chuunibyou and Hyouka (But im a biased person when it comes to Chuunibyou so I prefer that over most anime XD).

Plot first
No matter  how bad the animation style is,  I dont care as long as the plot is good
I just want to know the plot and story first. And it better not be one of those clichéd plots
A good opening
Good animation, amazing ost ,cool fight scenes, great plot
But most importantly ,fan service
Who cares what the animation is, the plot is the most important part
(Jun. 13, 2019  1:28 PM)UltraXander Wrote: Who cares what the animation is, the plot is the most important part

So you would watch an anime with Caillou-quality animation but good plot and still watch it?
(Jun. 13, 2019  1:36 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  1:28 PM)UltraXander Wrote: Who cares what the animation is, the plot is the most important part

So you would watch an anime with Caillou-quality animation but good plot and still watch it?

As a former PBS kids watcher myself, caillou wasn't THAT bad... Ok maybe it was XD
(Jun. 13, 2019  1:36 PM)emiCitrusNinja3 Wrote:

I mean, Caillou-quality animation isnt that bad. Id prefer it over crappy use of CGI (Birdemic level of crappy). The closest anime I cant think of with Caillou-quality animation is Doraemon, but I have to admit that the plot is pretty original despite targeted towards younger children (Doraemon happens to be popular in Asia!)
The stories and animation
Mostly Story line or subject i dont really care that much about the animations
The awesome stuff like beyblades. Just thinking about makes me wanna watch it on netflix
IMO, the plot and story.

What does Caillou even mean?
(Jun. 18, 2019  12:02 PM)UltraXander Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  1:36 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: So you would watch an anime with Caillou-quality animation but good plot and still watch it?

What does Caillou even mean?

I dont know if that is sarcasm but Caillou happens to be a 2D animated show for kids
(Jun. 18, 2019  5:36 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  12:02 PM)UltraXander Wrote: What does Caillou even mean?

I dont know if that is sarcasm but Caillou happens to be a 2D animated show for kids

Ok, Thank you.
(Jun. 18, 2019  5:36 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  12:02 PM)UltraXander Wrote: What does Caillou even mean?

It is not an anime?
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:26 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  5:36 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I dont know if that is sarcasm but Caillou happens to be a 2D animated show for kids
It is not an anime?

Sarcasm much?

The conversation from above spoke of if anyone would watch a show with Caillou-animation. No one ever said it was an anime, smh
I mainly look for a good or at least entertaining story and either well written or fun characters, either way, the series has to be fun and engaging first before having awesome animation. Don't get be wrong, the animation helps for things such as battles, but I am always interested in seeing other things besides just the battles.

For example, G-Revolution has mostly mediocre animation (save for a few intense battles) but I loved the cast of characters there and the story was pretty engaging, which alone made it my favourite Beyblade season. I guess the original Bakuten Shoot Beyblade season falls under this too.

Something like Chouzetsu has pretty good animation quality, but the series is really boring half the time and I don't care about half the characters to be honest, I don't find some to be well written nor that fun. So despite good animation, it's one of the lower tier seasons for me.

If I had a choice between that and a beautifully Studio Ghibli animated series with really dull or unlikable characters who sit around mopping the floors, I would certainly choose the former over it.
(Jun. 20, 2019  12:03 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:26 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: It is not an anime?

Sarcasm much?

The conversation from above spoke of if anyone would watch a show with Caillou-animation. No one ever said it was an anime, smh
You didn't mention
You just said caillou quality animation
I thought it was an anime with very bad animation
Beyblade’s anime has most of us interested in it so I’d say the plot and openings are important. I really like to watch Shounen anime so I guess that’s why I like Beyblade so much
(Jun. 20, 2019  12:03 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jun. 19, 2019  8:26 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: It is not an anime?

Sarcasm much?

Actually, they said "anime with Caillou-quality animation", not a show
(Jun. 20, 2019  6:04 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2019  12:03 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Sarcasm much?

Pretty much what I meant, yes. Then again, I dont see whats wrong with such animation? Its just some 90’s anime or something, smh
(Jun. 20, 2019  6:04 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2019  12:03 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Sarcasm much?

XSabxManiacsX point can still stand, and she can still refer to the Beyblade "anime" when she says "show".