What anime are you currently watching?

Hey, we're seeing a LOT of mainstream stuff here. I suggest Lucky Star, TMoHS, Cardfight Vanguard, and Nagasarete Airantou. All good anime with good animation involved, plus interesting plots.
Linebarrels of Iron was pretty decent. Watched it because it was mecha. However I hear that the manga version is different.

Most of the time Gundam shows would have some sort of angsty teenage character who never improves.

In the beginning of the Linebarrel, main character gets huge amount of power, then gets bigheaded. However, he improves and is actually likable.

Action is pretty great all around, every episode there's probably some giant robot battle.
(May. 29, 2011  2:16 PM)bugturtles Wrote: Most of the time Gundam shows would have some sort of angsty teenage character who never improves.

Action is pretty great all around, every episode there's probably some giant robot battle.

Hah that is so very true..

I currently switched to an anime called Nura rise of the yokai clan ( nurarihyon no mago )..Its has some pretty awesome graphics and it's sorta good...
I'm watching Beyblade Metal Fusion and Bakugan and DBZ Kai
Try watching One Outs for a change. It's awesome because it's about baseball and to win, they need to outsmart their enemies!
I'm currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist and it is currently the best anime I've ever watched.
People and their mainstream animes. I'm rewatching Strike Witches because it's the best anime evar. I'm also watching Ao no Exorcist, it's fairly recent and it's not bad. I'm also getting up on Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
Thank you! Ao No Exorcist is pretty good, but I like To-Love-Ru better, because it's hilarious. Poor Rito Yuuki...
(Jun. 03, 2011  5:31 AM)ArmorD-00taku Wrote: People and their mainstream animes. I'm rewatching Strike Witches because it's the best anime evar. I'm also watching Ao no Exorcist, it's fairly recent and it's not bad. I'm also getting up on Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Tries to be a hipster and dismiss people's taste for being into popular media.

[Image: DariaALP5-10-10.jpg]

Enjoys shows a person who hasn't really been into anime for years has heard of. Like heck, I've watched none of those shows, nor have I even looked them up, but I can summerize them all. Strike Witches - Perv oriented anime that has mecha girls, Ao No Exorcist - B tier shonen adventure that tries to be edgy but comes off dull, Madoka Magic - A serious parody of the magical girl shojo genre aimed at a male audience.
You could get that impression, but really, I'm just biased. I like mainstream too, I also enjoy less well-known anime better. Though the gross generalization was kinda unfair. Apt, but unfair to those who watch those anime. Funny how that works. The Harem genre isn't going anywhere, nor is the perverted side of anime. In fact, isn't it often made fun of in Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan? Why generalize, when you can constantly poke fun at it? As for the first comment, it's not really dismissing, it's just a relatively poorly executed attempt at expanding what people here watch. I think... That's what I was going for, so I assume that's what everyone is going for, I guess. Just my opinion. Don't take it too seriously, I tend to rant in ways that makes me seem a bit like I think I'm superior or something, I'm told.
It's not that I hate mainstream animes, I love animes like Code Geass, one of the best mecha genre anime, bleach, action oriented, but I hate the fillers, it gets me too confused, no guns. Gundam 00, another awesome mecha anime, and since I have time warner cable, I can watch Clannad AfterStory, the best romance/comedy/drama. I HATE Naruto, I dunno, for some reason, I just don't like it, I think it has something to do with the american version. Guess it's the voice acting. Oh I almost forgot about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, another awesome mecha anime. So don't say I don't like mainstream animes, I'm just saying people should watch things OTHER than mainstream animes.
I've been watching Inuyasha again. I remember that I loved it as a kid, but it only played late at night so I could barely watch it.
i just got all the box sets to DURARARA!!! i love it.

its not quite the typical anime you see with saving the world or what not insted its about mythology, computers and gangs. it makes no sence in the begining but when you make it past the first disk things start to make more sence and pretty soon it all comes together. all the characters have a past or something they are trying to hide that always shines light on the truth of things.

of course my fave characters are Izaya Orihara and Shizuo Heiwajima. those two are epic mainly when you put them together LOL.
Well Beyblade (with Tyson group) in english (T^T). I just finished Fractale and Umineko no Naku Koro ni and will start 07 Ghost, Maria Holic 2, Black Rock Shooter, Hourou Musuko and C. I'm waiting for the next Tales of Symphonia OVA *-*.
I recently started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The first two episodes were normal and nothing too odd. When I got to episode three, I said, "What exactly is this anime about?" Then I got to episode 4 and I was like 0_0
I'm watching Bleach, Metal Fight Beyblade 4D(forgive me if I got the name wrong), Naruto Shippuden, and Pokemon Best Wishes.
I've already finished HOTD and now I'm watching Shakugan No Shana II! Grin
(Jun. 10, 2011  4:43 PM)Xiiaofreak Wrote: I've already finished HOTD and now I'm watching Shakugan No Shana II! Grin

You need to elaborate, pal. Nobody cares about just what anime you saw, recently, we want to know if you liked 'em.

You know, your opinion?
I'm currently watching Mobile Fighter G Gundam, it's a pretty cool Gundam series even though it's just a tournament based one. It's like their fighting styles are pretty unique unlike the usual gun-shooting and sword-slashing in most Gundam series. Also the first opening of it "Flying in the Sky" the person who sings it kinda sounds like Phil Collins(the one who sang "You'll Be In My Heart") if he were singing in japanese.
(Jun. 09, 2011  3:24 AM)iBeyblader Wrote: I recently started watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The first two episodes were normal and nothing too odd. When I got to episode three, I said, "What exactly is this anime about?" Then I got to episode 4 and I was like 0_0

If you think you know what's going on, you're watching it in release order. Your brain would explode if you watch it in chronological order. Watch The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan. Very funny 4-minute episodes!
(Jun. 10, 2011  3:14 AM)Nuff Wrote: I'm watching Bleach, Metal Fight Beyblade 4D(forgive me if I got the name wrong), Naruto Shippuden, and Pokemon Best Wishes.

I used to watch Pokemon Best Wishes but stopped after episode 5 or 6.
Anime that I watch now: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Cardfight Vanguard,
Inazuma 11, and Lucky Star. NOTE: I've only seen episode 1 of Inazuma 11 and Lucky Star. Plus Finished Ouran High School Host Club! Kinda sad that I finished it though seeing how it's my favorite Anime.