What Was Your 1st Opinion on Beyblade?

Poll: 1st Impression on beyblades

Possitive
81.25%
Negative
18.75%
Total: 100% 32 vote(s)
I don't enjoy the show, at all. But it's not that I don't like it, I'm glad it exists. Brings more people in to the game ;p
The first time I saw it was when I was like 8 or 9.. I think it was the episode Tyson and the gang confronted Kai and Black Dranzer on Lake Balkov or whatever its called.. At first it looked kind of lame.. but after really starting to watch I loved it.. My first blade was the Hidden Spirits Griffonian.
I literally thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever seen. The first series was beyond cheesy, and the animation was sub-par.

Every time it came on, I was thinking to myself, "Why the hell would anyone want to play this dumbcarp game?"

I didn't start playing til I was 16.

Now, I'm actually quite fond of the anime, and an enthusiast of the hobby itself.
i remember i first came to america and i saw the show on tv and i loved it even though i didnt understand it XD!!! so i rushed to the store with my dad (he was glad i liked sumtin cause i didnt like anything back then) and got the very first dragoon, and at that time, i thought rubber tip was the worst tip ever lol!!!
i first saw beys a month ago when my friend showed me the MFB marathon, and i thought it looked stupid, but then i went on youtube and watched some of the old episodes and i thought "what the h**l!" and took off to buy a pegasis and a saggitario value pack.

woops, i told my life story tooSmug

i'ma post like this from now onPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST
Beyblade - Beyblade and I love most of the characters ...
I do not hate any of these characters .. maybe I do not sometimes Bagoas and Roxane, but only sometimes xD!
First time I saw Beyblade I found it kiiiinda boring (s.1Ep.19) in 2001 (Yeah I have no idea how Turkey got it that fast... maybe it was 2002. hmm). THEN I saw it again in... Burger King. There was figures and a small paper thingy with a picture of Kai, Ray, Mariah, Tyson and Max and I always kept it in my pocket because I thought it was Kewl. Heh. THEN I saw it on tv on a vacation in turkey and I got hooked. First on Ray but two episodes later on Kai. Never was able to let it go...
first time i saw beyblade i though it was pretty stupid after a while i started getting into it
At frst I thought the first seasons, anime were kinda dumb then i adapted to it liked it moved on to the next 2 seasons disliked them adapted liked them then the same with metal fight by then i had an appretiation for beyblade metal explosion or whatever the next season after mf is. But I liked the beyblades right away, exactly right away.
You should add more to that post, or explain why

Anyway, I love Beyblade especially the movie(s) because of the suspenseful buildup. It makes me wonder about what happens in the full movie Metal Fight Beyblade the Movie: VS the Sun; Sol Blaze, the Scorching-hot Invader

EDIT// I think I typed my opinion before, please delete it Tired
I thought, "Spinning tops with magic powers!! I'll give it a week."
I Saw it when i was 15 or 16 & in the year 2005 i loved it so much that i used to go n buy dragoon b4 others even if i had exams 2-3 days after & i can +vely say i wont ever get bored of it even though i missed it in the part of my childhood due to idiotic indian airings i got it to watch in my teen n it is by far the best my 1st priority is

1 ] Beyblading

2 ] Playing Fifa on my 360 & watching Chelsea FC my fav club
I remember I started watching it randomly on ABC Family because of Digimon, I believe. I ended up liking it & it soon became a big part of my childhood xD I was like...9 or 10 I think. I just thought it was awesome next to Zoids & Digimon. My cousin & I used to blade all the time lol, good times. My first blade was Master Dranzer.
I was 6 years old in 2002 and my older brother and I loved to watch Anime. We saw Beyblade on a TV commercial and thought it looked stupid. We decided to watch the first few episodes and loved it, soon after I got a Driger S and my brother got the original Galeon.

Every morning we would get up to watch the series on TV before school started, and a lot of kids in school played the game at recess and lunch. I also loved collecting the Tazo's from chip packets, trading and battling with them was just as good.

Beyblade was a huge part of my childhood, I have a lot of great memories with the game and Anime, growing up playing the game with friends and watching it was just awesome.
My first opinion of it was back in 2003/2002 when it first aired on Cheez TV at the time, now it is Toasted TV on Channel Ten, firstly because I was allready into anime at the time before it came on such as Pokemon and Dragonball Z, I immediately thought that this was fresh and new and I was addicted I was the teenager rushing to Kmart back in 2004 during christmas time to run in there and get a Beyblade, I remember going to Toys R Us and they were always sold out, everywhere you went in school kid's were playing it.

To be honest now The Metal Fusion series is good, but I still believe the older version was a little bit better.

My first Beyblade was Ultimate Dragoon

I suppose it took all the kids and teenagers by storm.
(Nov. 30, 2010  8:05 AM)XxxHBxxX Wrote: My first opinion of it was back in 2003/2002 when it first aired on Cheez TV at the time, now it is Toasted TV on Channel Ten, firstly because I was allready into anime at the time before it came on such as Pokemon and Dragonball Z, I immediately thought that this was fresh and new and I was addicted I was the teenager rushing to Kmart back in 2004 during christmas time to run in there and get a beyblade, I remember going to Toys R Us and they were always sold out, everywhere you went in school kid's were playing it.

To be honest now The Metal Fusion series is good, but I still believe the older version was a little bit better.

I suppose it took all the kids and teenagers by storm.

I suppose now that you mentioned it above I was also an avid fan of the chip packets with the Beyblade spinning tops just like the Dragonball Z Tazo's and before that the regular Tazo's
XxxHBxxX Wrote: I suppose now that you mentioned it above I was also an avid fan of the chip packets with the Beyblade spinning tops just like the Dragonball Z Tazo's and before that the regular Tazo's

Now you mentioned it i had some tazoos of beyblade but more pokemon tazoos that came with Cheetos , my biggest regret about beyblade would be i never bought the Dragoon Action Figure , i should have got it it was very cool & it also came with a Dranzer Action Figure , in two in one pack
I hated it. I would always say 'BleyBlade is for babies.' So, I found my first one. Fake, of course. So I brung it to school and the current expert, .:.::Ray::.:., wanted to battle. I was told I couldn't launch it, because he was better. So he launched it and smashed it with Seaborg 2. Because I didn't launch, I had no idea how fun it is. Finally, in September, i heard about the WBO. So I went on to see what the 'babies' do. With my luck, a tourney was set very close to me (BeyHurricane), and my competitiveness took over. I bought a Dark Cancer CH120SF, traded SF for SD, and won fifth place, amazingly Would've came 3rd-1st if it wasn't for Omega Crying. Then I bought more and more and here I am! A semi-well known member on the WBO.

Did I overdo it? Tongue_out