What Has Happened Since '99-'03?

I started playing Beyblade the year it came out. I remember the anime somewhat with Dragoon and Tyson and all those characters.

Can someone fill me in, in detail, what's happened in the Beyblade world since '99-'03??
I'm now 22 and today decided I wanna get back into it for fun and whatnot.

So....what's up? What are the "best" Beys to use now and stuff?
Damn, a lot has happened since 2003 : one whole generation has had time to pass by, for longer than Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and more popular than it, and now a third generation has just started, Beyblade Burst.

The new series is for sure gathering most of the interest since it brings something new to the table, not just with new releases but with a new concept, bursting the opposing Beyblade, which forces us to rethink how and why parts are good in combinations.

There is so much that could be said about the whole decade that went by though, I do not know where you want us to start, hah. Welcome, in any case !

By the way, once in a while there are still plastics and HMS tournaments being hosted, depending on the region. We also hold a Plastics & HMS Remembrance Day in July every year. You should search for the topic dedicated to your area in the WBO General forum and see what the plans are for organising an event near you.
Ooh, damn. You missed an entire generation of Beyblade; and the end of the ones you knew!
Anyhow, I do hope you learn plenty about your childhood blades as well as MFB and now Burst. The community is really nice, and I hope you become an active member! Smile
Very interesting.
I did a simple Google search of the "best Beyblades" to see what the new ones look like.
I believe the Meteo L or something was ranked #1 on a couple lists.
Do Beys still have the bit beast piece, attack/defense ring (metal), and the bottom piece?

Also, what're some of the really nice Beys out?
(Nov. 25, 2015  5:47 PM)waterise Wrote: Very interesting.
I did a simple Google search of the "best Beyblades" to see what the new ones look like.
I believe the Meteo L or something was ranked #1 on a couple lists.
Do Beys still have the bit beast piece, attack/defense ring (metal), and the bottom piece?

Also, what're some of the really nice Beys out?

That is pretty outclassed, since now the MFB meta usually consists of parts such as the metal wheel Duo, the new synchromes from Zero-G, the track and tip combination F230 CF.

You can check which combos are good on the competitive Standard list.

Also, they have face bolts, which is the equivalent.

You can feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Definitely do not believe what Google or other sites will give for best Beyblades : we spent thousands of hours testing every Beyblade part and our top-tier lists ("Competitive Combos List") are a lot more reliable in terms of best Beyblade customizations.

In Metal Fight Beyblade, there is still a piece reminescing the creature the Beyblade is based on, but in Beyblade Burst, that is fused with the main part, the Layer. One of my topics should really help you understand the difference between plastics and HMS and Metal Fight Beyblade, but unfortunately it has not been posted in since we learned about Beyblade Burst :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Speculat...ies-system

Burst are simplified down to three parts at the moment, but since Bit Chip and Metal Fight Beyblade's Faces served no purpose, this does not make any real difference in terms of the number of customizations possible.
This makes me think we should write some kind of definitive history of Beyblade haha.

Welcome back, waterise! Many of us got into Beyblade the same time you did.
Very awesome information.

I could probably find it but I'm at work so could someone link that "Competitive Combos List" thread?
What exactly is the "metal wheel duo" and the other types listed above?

Also, thanks so much for helping thus far!
Personally, I think you should familiarize yourself with the original generations first, and then ease your way into MFB and Burst.
Here are the parts.
Plastic Generation:
Bit Chip
Attack Ring
Weight Disk
Spin Gear
Blade Base

Heavy Metal System:
Bit Protector
Attack Ring
Weight Disk
Running Core

MFB:
Face Bolt
Clear Wheel
Spin Track
Performance Tip

Burst:
Layer
Disk
Driver
And of course, all of those have their own variations on parts such as Magnecores or 4D Wheels, but those are the basic parts you'd expect on most Beyblades from their system.

If you want any questions answered personally about Plastics or HMS, feel free to PM me and I'll answer any of your questions you may have Smile

(Nov. 25, 2015  5:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This makes me think we should write some kind of definitive history of Beyblade haha.

Welcome back, waterise! Many of us got into Beyblade the same time you did.

Maybe a video series detailing Beyblade's History, similar to Beylon's works?
Links to the CC lists:

Plastics
HMS
MFB: Standard Format
MFB: Limited Format (Be aware that this has not been updated recently; Libra and Omega were recently banned in Limited, and should not be on the list.)
Zero-G
Burst (Still a work in progress)

The naming convention for MFB goes like this:

[Metal Face if applicable] [Metal Wheel] [Clear Wheel if applicable] [Track][Tip]. There are also gimmicked bottoms that act as both the Track and Tip, and Metal Wheels with multiple interchangeable modes; you will often need to specify which mode it is in.

For example, if I say "Earth Cygnus W145WD", I am using a regular plastic Face, the Earth Metal Wheel, the Cygnus Clear Wheel, the Track W145 (with the 145 indicating the Track height of 14.5mm), and the tip WD.

Duo is a top-tier Metal Wheel with incredible Stamina and Defense; although it does feature a mode switch (like the rest of the 4D line), you might as well ignore it because its Attack mode is utter garbage. Most parts with mode changes have one mode that is better than the others; if you don't see a mode specified, it's probably the customary "best" mode.

If you need any help with Standard or Limited, send me a PM Smile
I was re-reading through this and saw a list that was linked:

Attack

Omega
MF-H Omega [Assault] (Horuseus/Pegasis III) (85/90/100/CH120) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Pegasis
MF-H Pegasis (CH120/R145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Lightning
MF-H Lightning L-Drago [Upper] (85/90/CH120/R145/TR145) (RF/R2F/LRF)

Wyvang
MSF-H (Shinobi/Gladiator/Dark Knight) Wyvang [Crystal-Up] R145 (RF/R2F/LRF)
MSF-H Samurai Wyvang [Crystal-Up] R145 (RSF/RB)

Dark Knight
MSF-H Dark Knight (Girago/Gryph) [Crystal-Up] (85/90) (RF/R2F/LRF)

For example, if I wanted to use attacking mainly and chose the first build (Omega), are Horseus & Pegasus III all one Beyblade? Or do I gotta buy a couple to create that?
I have no idea what the "(85/90/100/CH120) (RF/R2F/LRF)" numbers and letters mean.
Yes, you're going to have to buy multiple Beyblades to make the combos.
You'll need:
Omega Dragonis 85XF
Vulcan Horuseus 145D
Cosmic Pegasus W105R2F (Fury)
Horuseus and Pegasis are two options.
The 85/90/100/CH120 are tracks. RF/R2F are tips.

I'd recommend getting Cosmic Pegasus, since it gives you all the parts for a combo w/Omega Draconis.
(Dec. 02, 2015  3:01 PM)waterise Wrote: I have no idea what the "(85/90/100/CH120) (RF/R2F/LRF)" numbers and letters mean.

You gotta do a bit of work if you want to learn this stuff. Each element of the customized Beyblade's name corresponds to a part. For example, Omega comes from Omega Dragonis 85XF. It's made up of the parts:

Omega (Metal Wheel)
Dragonis (Clear Wheel)
85 (Track)
XF [Extreme Flat] (Bottom)

You'll naturally learn more as you read about it, so the best thing to do is dive in. Smile
Is Takara Tomy on Amazon a legit place to buy Beyblades?
I have a few added to my cart.
(Dec. 04, 2015  3:16 PM)waterise Wrote: Is Takara Tomy on Amazon a legit place to buy Beyblades?

I think most Beyblades on Amazon are legit, but TAKARA-TOMY does not sell directly on Amazon.com, so you have to trust that the merchant indeed wrote the name of the real product's manufacturer.
(Dec. 04, 2015  3:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2015  3:16 PM)waterise Wrote: Is Takara Tomy on Amazon a legit place to buy Beyblades?

I think most Beyblades on Amazon are legit, but TAKARA-TOMY does not sell directly on Amazon.com, so you have to trust that the merchant indeed wrote the name of the real product's manufacturer.

For instance, could I use these "Japanese" Beys at anything official and are they 100% real?

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KKX80A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1ERI79N37ZQZT

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRDN3MS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=A1BD6PNOCTYHOH

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PFXNQ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A1FST2N236B7N7

I shall start lots of research today, since it's my only day off ever, and hopefully learn a ton!
The Omega Dragonis is real for sure, but for the two others, honestly, without pictures of the packaging, I cannot guarantee that they are not fake since they just use the stock image of the Beyblades available on the internet.

I know that on eBay, sellers cannot mark items as being made by TAKARA-TOMY if that is false. However, I have no idea if this is also a policy on Amazon.
(Dec. 06, 2015  4:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I know that on eBay, sellers cannot mark items as being made by TAKARA-TOMY if that is false. However, I have no idea if this is also a policy on Amazon.

Think these are legit since the price is so low?
http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Toys-USA...7675.l2563

Edit: Why are all of these from China & whatnot, haha? Can we not get these at a simple U.S. Toys 'R' Us anymore like when I was a kid? Tongue_out
Definitely not. Nearly all the Beyblades johnmiller sells are fake. His descriptions also state that they're made by Rapidity.
(Dec. 06, 2015  6:28 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Definitely not. Nearly all the Beyblades johnmiller sells are fake. His descriptions also state that they're made by Rapidity.

Yeah, I was actually literally just now reading that, but I wasn't sure what that meant.
Are the only legit ones made by Tomy?

I'm just trying to find links of the 3 Beys I linked above that are legit.
(Dec. 06, 2015  6:33 PM)waterise Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2015  6:28 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Definitely not. Nearly all the Beyblades johnmiller sells are fake. His descriptions also state that they're made by Rapidity.

Yeah, I was actually literally just now reading that, but I wasn't sure what that meant.
Are the only legit ones made by Tomy?

I'm just trying to find links of the 3 Beys I linked above that are legit.

The only companies that release Beyblades are Hasbro, Takara-Tomy and Sonokong. Smile