What’s up with the beyburst wiki?

(Jul. 18, 2019  5:42 AM)Okanie Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2019  12:17 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Im sure the changes were added recently, due to your insistent points (I think I had a user complain to me how someone was fussing over wiki, yikes. No name was mentioned, huh). Thats a good start over there, I suppose

I am especially sorry about how the wiki is dealing with the kanji part. I suppose we could take it entirely out, or compromise to fix it entirely if thats the case. Though, I am wondering why of all places, someone would actually look up to the wiki as a source to learn kanji? I would at least hire a teacher to teach me, or at least go to a reliable language-learning website/app/etc. Wikis in general are not advocates for bilingual bonuses

Then again, a wiki account is free and doesnt require an email (awesome!). Anyone can come up and edit if they like. The thing with fan-led information sites, unfortunately, is that they are not trustworthy and can be inaccurate (very much like Wikipedia). Users who fuss about this are better off staying away from those sites, or off the internet in general. It is that simple, and starts with a simple click

But if you would like, I can make a throwaway wiki account for you so you are able to fix up these mistakes

Surprise, surprise, it was me-- considering wiki was taken as a joke for the longest time by many other fans. Just no one ever stated specifics out as to what was the issue and outright ignored the site. If you want the site ignored completely, that works too I guess.

Oh boy, because I obviously have the money to pay for a teacher to teach me! Apps? Oh boy, have you ever had a language app in which you completed all the courses and it kept your attention long enough? Reliable apps? You do realize those cost money right? In which, oh dear, I don't have! Guess I'm not allowed to learn a language now, oh well. And wow, putting kanji on the wiki yet translating it wrong is a great way to confuse people-- so, uh, why is it on there? I mean obviously it's important enough to put on there! I mean look, there's even incorrect translations on there as well! Thanks.

You do realize that some people actually try and practice languages in areas that they find interest in such as beyburst or sometimes in everyday/ real experiences. Sometimes people go on wiki and find the language that is put on there and try translating it themselves. If it's wrong, then it's spreading misinformation to those that aren't learning or don't have a desire to learn the language. "Oh, Sumie means 'crimson ink' guess he really is like Shu!" That literally could have been avoided if it was double checked, and you don't even have to know the language fully to see that-- stick it in a dictionary and there's your definition.

Ah, don't bother-- I'm at the point where I'll just keep all the flaws to wiki to myself unless someone uses it as a source of information. It's considered a joke to many so I guess I'll keep that trend up, right? Especially if it's so easy to change it and then have it changed by someone else. I wouldn't be surprise if the next day, someone changes it back. It happened in the past, so who's to say it won't happen again.

Honestly, Im not frankly surprised by how weird and wacky the wiki is. It happens on the Beyblade wiki, so whos to say it wouldnt happen on other wiki for Canon information? Maybe if you edit on there, someone would make you a mod for helping to fix up all of that. Because, Im one of the very few people who halted on editing the Beyblade wiki (because it 1) mainly got me nowhere; the admins dont even promote anyone and not enough mods to live with, 2) I have other interests besides dealing with a cesspit of vandals and inaccurate information, 3) I just dont have interest in Beyblade very much anymore

Trust me, I have high value for people who nitpick for the good reasons. If someone thinks they can fix up the wiki somehow, then they can become a mod. The Beyblade wiki is an overall friendly place, but some people call it a huge mess. There are genuine people who are not trying to be malicious and give anyone wrong information. Demonizing users on there seems a little unfair

But the question still remains: Why don’t you just edit these mistakes yourself and just be done with it? If these little mistakes anger you so much, then take around 20 minutes and fix them. Im sure others have been telling you that too. People are not perfect and youre expecting them to be intelligent robots. Because, get this, we are just as imperfect as the best person on this planet. I think the wiki would like someone as confident as you, who would love mistakes to be fixed

At this point, users are PMing me how you keep nitpicking them just because theyre trying to fix the wikis (to fulfill your demands). Theyre trying hard, but now they feel you just hate them and nitpick them for edits that arent truling their fault (do you think they are malicious people who would give misinformation on purpose?). And like, I cant help them much because its your problem and their problem? Im just there to cheer people up, for hecking sakes

If you could be kind, just post here what you would like the wiki page to say. And then I can copy and paste it over and let them know you want it that way

Also, you reserve the right to explain why your edit matters. Someone can undo it, but you have the right to add it back and explain. A majority the active users on there are not dictators or high-thinking people; theyd be glad to help protect your edits from detractors who try to revert them
(Jul. 17, 2019  11:22 PM)Triumph Wrote: Sorry guys if I try to change the topic IN ANY way but...

Well, I hoped you would understand my point. However, it seems that you're a Fortnite gamer as well by your language. I agree with you it had 3 series no need to point that out, Metal Fight has more popularity than Burst because these "popular" games are taking over and don't you agree that burst is repeating itself with their plots? Aiga vs Phi had so many nostalgias with Valt vs Shu. Hiro is constantly repeating the endings and mark my words this series is no different than God, and Choz both of them had similar endings. You tell me who wants to watch an anime where the plot is not even unique and ends up like in the previous seasons? 

Sir, I know I'm talking about Beyblade more than animes like HighSchool DxD. Now tbh I would rather watch HighSchool than Burst now.
Wait, why are there so many wikis? We have the beyblade wiki, beywiki and beyburst wiki?

I usually use the beyblade wiki but why do we have 3?
my problem with the wiki is that there are old parts that STILL haven't received drafting after 5 or 6 years
(Feb. 03, 2022  3:01 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: my problem with the wiki is that there are old parts that STILL haven't received drafting after 5 or 6 years

Which ones. I’m heading ti bed, so list all the BURST (I’m not diving into MFB territory as I know nothing, plastics have different source according ti think), and I will go take a look tomorrow.
lemme check rq
Well, the older parts also have to be fixed in context for other formats, and there are a ton of parts.
Dimension driver, Slash Valkyrie (all the parts), Perfect Phoenix, Imperfect Phoenix, Dead Phoenix layer, pretty much every chassis, majority of the dash drivers (all they need is the original description with the stronger spring lock sentence at the end), Zn' + Z, Xc' + X, Zone driver, Xceed driver, Variant Lucifer (full combo), Drift driver, Lord Spriggan (full combo), Tempest Dragon (full combo), Imperial Dragon (full combo), Master Diabolos (full combo), all the Mugen Lock layers

and that's just a small bit of it

here are more parts that need drafting

Solomon, Lucifer 2, Diabolos sparking chip, Helios 2, Hyperion 2, Rage Longinus, Wizard Fafnir, Jet Wyvern (full combo except Around)

there are WAY more parts and we would be here for hours to days if I were to list them all

(Feb. 03, 2022  3:31 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 03, 2022  3:01 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: my problem with the wiki is that there are old parts that STILL haven't received drafting after 5 or 6 years

Which ones. I’m heading ti bed, so list all the BURST (I’m not diving into MFB territory as I know nothing, plastics have different source according ti think), and I will go take a look tomorrow.

so here are some of the parts that need drafting
(Feb. 03, 2022  3:51 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: Dimension driver, Slash Valkyrie (Slash drafted, blitz completed, power drafted, retsu completed), Perfect Phoenix, Imperfect Phoenix, Dead Phoenix layer, pretty much every chassis(Only 2S atm), majority of the dash drivers (all they need is the original description with the stronger spring lock sentence at the end), Zn' + Z, Xc' + X, Zone driver(Drafted)Xceed driver(Drafted), Variant Lucifer (Currently only Variant), Drift driver(Done), Lord Spriggan (Dimension still working on it, blitz done, lord drafted), Tempest Dragon (only tempest done), Imperial Dragon , Master Diabolos (master and generate drafted)), all the Mugen Lock layers(Prime is drafted)

and that's just a small bit of it

here are more parts that need drafting

Solomon, Lucifer 2, Diabolos sparking chip, Helios 2, Hyperion 2, Rage Longinus(Rage kinda has placeholder, Destroy' already done), Wizard Fafnir(mostly done except the chip) Jet Wyvern (full combo except Around)(Jet and just have drafted, 1D too)

there are WAY more parts and we would be here for hours to days if I were to list them all

(Feb. 03, 2022  3:31 PM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Which ones. I’m heading ti bed, so list all the BURST (I’m not diving into MFB territory as I know nothing, plastics have different source according ti think), and I will go take a look tomorrow.

so here are some of the parts that need drafting
The wiki can be edited by anyone. This means things can quickly be fixed, but it also means things can quickly be ruined as well. The wiki is so big that some misinformation could go unnoticed. I do remember seeing fanart before. Imo, the problem is that there aren't people that actually know the proper information, this is usually correlated to knowing Japanese. A handful of people alone can't manage the wiki, since it has massive amounts of info delivered as soon as possible. If they took a slower approach it could work, it would just take awhile, and it doesn't seem like they want to do that.
(Feb. 04, 2022  1:42 AM)GHero Wrote: The wiki can be edited by anyone. This means things can quickly be fixed, but it also means things can quickly be ruined as well. The wiki is so big that some misinformation could go unnoticed. I do remember seeing fanart before. Imo, the problem is that there aren't people that actually know the proper information, this is usually correlated to knowing Japanese. A handful of people alone can't manage the wiki, since it has massive amounts of info delivered as soon as possible. If they took a slower approach it could work, it would just take awhile, and it doesn't seem like they want to do that.

This is incorrect. I admit, there are some but very few pages that people with Accounts can edit but most of the stuff can only be edited by people who have Proper Permission or something along those lines. But, if someone puts in Incorrect or False Information, it can easily be removed by the Staff or someone with a Bit more Beyblade Knowledge like you said. But just because some Pages can't be edited doesn't mean everything on the Wiki is Perfectly Correct, I don't mean any offense to the people who work on the Wiki but the Staff and People who edit it are people too, they make mistakes which they can't sometimes personally see. For example, the Rage Ring Wiki Issue went on for a Long Time because only Authorized People could've edited that Page. I'm not saying the staff is incompetent or not Smart, I'm just generally saying that their people too and we all make mistakes. Overall, the Wiki being edited is Pretty Limited so the Information on it is usually legit but remember, the people who edit the Wiki aren't perfect, I know it can be annoying but we just gotta hang in there.
(Feb. 04, 2022  2:08 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2022  1:42 AM)GHero Wrote: The wiki can be edited by anyone. This means things can quickly be fixed, but it also means things can quickly be ruined as well. The wiki is so big that some misinformation could go unnoticed.  I do remember seeing fanart before. Imo, the problem is that there aren't people that actually know the proper information, this is usually correlated to knowing Japanese. A handful of people alone can't manage the wiki, since it has massive amounts of info delivered as soon as possible. If they took a slower approach it could work, it would just take awhile, and it doesn't seem like they want to do that.

This is incorrect. I admit, there are some but very few pages that people with Accounts can edit but most of the stuff can only be edited by people who have Proper Permission or something along those lines. But, if someone puts in Incorrect or False Information, it can easily be removed by the Staff or someone with a Bit more Beyblade Knowledge like you said. But just because some Pages can't be edited doesn't mean everything on the Wiki is Perfectly Correct, I don't mean any offense to the people who work on the Wiki but the Staff and People who edit it are people too, they make mistakes which they can't sometimes personally see. For example, the Rage Ring Wiki Issue went on for a Long Time because only Authorized People could've edited that Page. I'm not saying the staff is incompetent or not Smart, I'm just generally saying that their people too and we all make mistakes. Overall, the Wiki being edited is Pretty Limited so the Information on it is usually legit but remember, the people who edit the Wiki aren't perfect, I know it can be annoying but we just gotta hang in there.

Sorry if I came off too harsh. I was just trying to say that due to the amount of people editing mis information can spread quickly.
(Feb. 04, 2022  1:42 AM)GHero Wrote: The wiki can be edited by anyone. This means things can quickly be fixed, but it also means things can quickly be ruined as well. The wiki is so big that some misinformation could go unnoticed.  I do remember seeing fanart before. Imo, the problem is that there aren't people that actually know the proper information, this is usually correlated to knowing Japanese. A handful of people alone can't manage the wiki, since it has massive amounts of info delivered as soon as possible. If they took a slower approach it could work, it would just take awhile, and it doesn't seem like they want to do that.

The sole reason I made 1m drafts and why I’m upset nobody bother to correct/approve(former first ofc) them.(then sukazu x Beats me to the punch....)

BeyBurst Wiki (thread topic) ≠ Beyblade Wiki (hosted on Fandom). Don't necro 3 year old threads. The issue with thread drafting on the wiki is the old writers are gone and there hasn't been much interest from competent writers, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

"This means things can quickly be fixed, but it also means things can quickly be ruined as well."

I agree with GHero here, as someone who has monitored MFB pages. This unfortunately reality, and has been proven through the state of MFB pages.

"But, if someone puts in Incorrect or False Information, it can easily be removed by the Staff or someone with a Bit more Beyblade Knowledge like you said."

In an ideal world, what you say would be true. While we catch most of the vandalism and misinformation, 1 or 2 edits can slip through and stay up for months. When the Beyblade Wiki had absolutely no restrictions (during the pre-Burst era), this amount was much higher. It wasn't until recently that low-effort writing or misinformation was removed from MFB articles, which had been up for years simply because nobody bothered - and this was on pages where any editor could have done so, not just staff. The wiki's reputation in the 2010s was terrible because regular editors refused to run their edits through a spellchecker or fact check their information.

"I don't mean any offense to the people who work on the Wiki but the Staff and People who edit it are people too, they make mistakes which they can't sometimes personally see"

We'd rather deal with minor mistakes like the Rage spin direction error from Drafts for Burst pages than the mess that has become of MFB and Original Gen pages. The Rage Ring issue went on for that long because staff didn't notice but nor did the normal editors - they could have contacted staff, which is eventually how the issue was resolved.

MFB pages show that even when the page is open for anyone to edit, mistakes will remain on a page because normal editors do not bother. The Burst pages that are locked have a much lower chance of containing misinformation than the completely unlocked MFB pages.