Weird Facts u know

(Jul. 23, 2011  12:30 AM)@wesome Wrote: 1. When u read this sentence 50,000 brain cells are dying, but our bodies make more of them all the time.

Agh! Imagine how big the brain cell grave yard must be!!
Anyway I've got 3:
It is impossible for turtles to stick out their tongues.
A five-seat bicycle is called a Quindem.
A traffic jam in China lasted for more than a week!
If you were thrown into space without a space suit, your body will not explode. This kinda clears a BIG misconception which many have... Your body is probably capable of handling the pressure. Other than that, you would NOT freeze instantly even if you were in the coldest part of space. Its because the amount of heat present in your body will help you stay warm, unless the heat is transferred. Also, do not try to hold your breath to save oxygen in space. Your lungs will rupture, and you would die, even if you are rescued in time.

Well, wonder who actually tested this...
One fact which I know is that space isnt completely vacuum as many think..it has hydrogen atoms too..

Also, no wonder of the world is visible from space.

Plus, I want confirmation of you people on a fact...I read that 75% Americans dont know that sun is a star..I am not too sure about this..because almost all of the people I know in US know that sun is a star.
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:29 AM)@wesome Wrote: Who hear has heard of the red part of Jupiter?
FOUND OUT WAT IT IS!!
People say its a mountain..... WRONG!! Its a storm thats been going on for 300 years!! My question... When was the last time the aliens on Jupiter saw the sun?

Never? Jupiter's a gas planet, and wouldn't exactly be able to hold life in the way we think of life.
So many weird facts, as soon as I saw this thread I started to search for weird facts.... here are some realllllllyyy weird ones.

1. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than Left-handed people do.

2. A hurricane releases more energy in 10 minutes, than all the world's nuclear weapons combined

3. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.

4. 10% of all woman registered for computer dating are teachers.

5. President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader!

6. A snail can sleep for three years.

1. I've seen this fact quite a lot of different places and hopefully it isn't true
(I'm a rightie)

2. That's TOTALLY AWESOME.

3. WTH.

4. LOL.

5. ....ok....

6. If only humans were so fortunate.
(Jul. 23, 2011  10:24 PM)Ultimate Wrote: 1. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than Left-handed people do.

Oh yeah! woo hoo! *does kirby dance*
I've got another fact anyways...
You can buy worms from a vending machine in japan YUCK!
(Jul. 23, 2011  10:24 PM)Ultimate Wrote: So many weird facts, as soon as I saw this thread I started to search for weird facts.... here are some realllllllyyy weird ones.

1. Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than Left-handed people do.
Oh no! I'll die earlier (I'm a leftie)
Male seahorses can give birth
Clams can self reproduce
The worlds hottest pepper can burn through your flesh. (AKA not safe for consumption)
(Jul. 23, 2011  10:56 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: Male seahorses can give birth
Clams can self reproduce
The worlds hottest pepper can burn your flesh.
Females make the egg, transfer it over to the male, who give birth to it. That's what I read somewhere.
About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they're still sitting on it.
Houseflies hum in the key of F.
An ant's sense of smell is as good as a dog's.
A quidnunc is a person who is eager to know the latest news and gossip.
Every man in Brainerd, Minnesota is required by law to grow a beard.

Thank you, Appzilla! Tongue_out
That girls have a better ability to multi-task than guys.
A jiffy is 1/100th of a second.
3-toed sloths move at roughly 250 meters per hour on the ground when motivated.
when unmotivated, they usually travel at around 5 meters per hour.
(Jul. 23, 2011  11:05 PM)Kaioya Wrote: Every man in Brainerd, Minnesota is required by law to grow a beard.

That would suck if you were native american. (some native americans cannot grow beards)
(Jul. 23, 2011  10:24 PM)Ultimate Wrote: So many weird facts, as soon as I saw this thread I started to search for weird facts.... here are some realllllllyyy weird ones.

I'll prove that wrong! All hail lefties!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets do it!
Considering beyblade here, all left spinners just KILLED the right spin ones... Tongue_out
Speaking of Lefties-there were only 2 in my 6th class (me and another boy)ratio: 2:24 I think.
In my class in secondary school-3:26 (Me, 2 boys-all boys school)
(Jul. 23, 2011  9:47 AM)Temporal Wrote: This can and will implode sci-fi dreams, so if you wanna believe that you can dodge a laser.
It is possible to dodge a laser if it was about to hit the last atom of your body while you were running you would be able to get out of the way.
[Image: 1886261-1263297905-trollface.png]

I can't believe that you guys are all so proud of weird facts you know:\. Oh well, lets add to the list.

Oh well this is from the education side...most people are proving girls better than boys ... this puts girls behind...

No girl has ever topped IIT-JEE exam since it started in 1950...what would you say about that...
My favorite website for this kind of stuff: http://www.omg-facts.com/
RowDog you fact about a sea cucumber... Ok.... Somet slightly a like....

A shark cannot produce waste, so they turn their stomach inside out, and regurgitate it, yes it's through their mouths...
(Jul. 24, 2011  10:31 AM)RowDog Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  9:47 AM)Temporal Wrote: This can and will implode sci-fi dreams, so if you wanna believe that you can dodge a laser.
It is possible to dodge a laser if it was about to hit the last atom of your body while you were running you would be able to get out of the way.

Untrue. This would need the ability to move a body part faster than the speed of light. Impossible, as I state. Besides, who's aim is THAT bad? You can't dodge it, so aim for the chest!
But....I can move faster than the speed of light,ZOOM!In fact ,I'm faster than Sonic the Hedgehog,this all happened when i was a boy,I fell in to nuclear waste and changed my molicules to unormal and giving me extra power and speed exceeding the speed of light,I'M FASTER THAN ANY BEING IN THE UNIVERSE/not
(Jul. 23, 2011  9:47 AM)Temporal Wrote:
I should be a physics teacher, hah.

Read.
Oh! And a black hole has an end to it, technically. Except thos "end" isn't an end point, it's an end TIME. In the case of a black hole, this end "time" would be the end of time, as the collapsed star would instantly expose one to anti-matter, though you wouldn't know it. You'd be ripped to shreds, then compressed to a ball of matter in half of a second.

Another odd fact. If you took a spoonful of matter from a dying star, it's weigh over one MILLION tons on Earth. One spoonfull.
A friend at my high school told me that black holes would shrink you to the size of an ant and change your body's chemistry into a dried, hardened, husk. With the texture of a Lucky Charms marshmallow.
(Jul. 24, 2011  8:21 PM)Temporal Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2011  10:31 AM)RowDog Wrote:

Untrue. This would need the ability to move a body part faster than the speed of light. Impossible, as I state. Besides, who's aim is THAT bad? You can't dodge it, so aim for the chest!

could be a girl with the gun. nuff said there
anyways men actually have a much more muscular build the women
...Way to be an idiot. You some off as REALLY sexist, as in "MALES R SO MUCH BEDDER!"

Codenine: Nah, you'd be destroyed by the gravity, and ripped in half from six miles away. If light can't escape, how can your body stay whole?