We need Wisconsin bladers!!!!!

We need some bladers for a tourney down in wisconsin, prize is the new spriggan. The location is board game barrister in greenfield(6120 W Layton Ave, Greenfield, WI 53220) or target( 2600 S 108th St, West Allis, WI 53227). Any dates work for people?
You should post this in find a community
(Jul. 10, 2019  2:56 PM)catblader109 Wrote: We need some bladers for a tourney down in wisconsin, prize is the new spriggan

You have absolutely no authority to post and host a tournament advertisement in this section without being an organiser. If you were to become an organiser please have the decency to be literate and more specific on tournament details etcetera. Also you should come to reality that giving away a Lord Spriggan as a prize will be quite costly considering you're still a teen.
Moved thread to correct forum.
(Jul. 10, 2019  3:57 PM)Gember Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2019  2:56 PM)catblader109 Wrote: We need some bladers for a tourney down in wisconsin, prize is the new spriggan

You have absolutely no authority to post and host a tournament advertisement in this section without being an organiser. If you were to become an organiser please have the decency to be literate and more specific on tournament details etcetera. Also you should come to reality that giving away a Lord Spriggan as a prize will be quite costly considering you're still a teen.

Slightly overkill. Everything you said was valid, and I'm not trying to tone-argument you, but we can say it a little kinder.

It would be nice if catblader109 stopped trying to set up tournaments on their own and started going through the process of becoming an organizer correctly.

That process is:
1) Be involved in the WBO community. You can't even take the organizer quiz without at least 50 posts of decent content.
2) Ready a venue and a timeframe for the tournament.
3) Post in an existing thread or make a new thread in the appropriate region subforum asking if people would come to a tournament at X location at Y date
4) Once at least 4 people have confirmed interest/participation, take the organizer's quiz
5) That quiz often takes many months to be approved, so make sure your event is far enough in the future

There's nothing wrong with offering prizes for the event. Under normal circumstances when WBO requires $5 per entrants in a tournament, there's actually a prize budget for refunding organizers for a certain amount of money spent on their prize pool. So, if they became an organizer, having the funds to have a prize pool is generally not an issue.

Here's a nicer version of what you said:

"Please refrain from posting events that are non-WBO or lack details. If you're trying to become an organizer and make a WBO event, state so, state where the tournament will be held and when, and then take the organizer's quiz once you have the 4 required participants.
Please ensure you post tournaments in the correct subforum. And please be aware that currently there is no WBO funding for the prize pool while entry fees are temporarily disabled, so that prize would have to be paid for entirely by you."

We don't need to pick on someone for their literacy or age.
(Jul. 10, 2019  8:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2019  3:57 PM)Gember Wrote: You have absolutely no authority to post and host a tournament advertisement in this section without being an organiser. If you were to become an organiser please have the decency to be literate and more specific on tournament details etcetera. Also you should come to reality that giving away a Lord Spriggan as a prize will be quite costly considering you're still a teen.

Thanks for the advice. I shall certainly tone down my responses to be more pleasant in future posts.
I wish there was a tournament in Wisconsin that would be a great
(Jul. 10, 2019  8:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2019  3:57 PM)Gember Wrote: You have absolutely no authority to post and host a tournament advertisement in this section without being an organiser. If you were to become an organiser please have the decency to be literate and more specific on tournament details etcetera. Also you should come to reality that giving away a Lord Spriggan as a prize will be quite costly considering you're still a teen.

Slightly overkill. Everything you said was valid, and I'm not trying to tone-argument you, but we can say it a little kinder.

It would be nice if catblader109 stopped trying to set up tournaments on their own and started going through the process of becoming an organizer correctly.

That process is:
1) Be involved in the WBO community. You can't even take the organizer quiz without at least 50 posts of decent content.
2) Ready a venue and a timeframe for the tournament.
3) Post in an existing thread or make a new thread in the appropriate region subforum asking if people would come to a tournament at X location at Y date
4) Once at least 4 people have confirmed interest/participation, take the organizer's quiz
5) That quiz often takes many months to be approved, so make sure your event is far enough in the future

There's nothing wrong with offering prizes for the event. Under normal circumstances when WBO requires $5 per entrants in a tournament, there's actually a prize budget for refunding organizers for a certain amount of money spent on their prize pool. So, if they became an organizer, having the funds to have a prize pool is generally not an issue.

Here's a nicer version of what you said:

"Please refrain from posting events that are non-WBO or lack details. If you're trying to become an organizer and make a WBO event, state so, state where the tournament will be held and when, and then take the organizer's quiz once you have the 4 required participants.
Please ensure you post tournaments in the correct subforum. And please be aware that currently there is no WBO funding for the prize pool while entry fees are temporarily disabled, so that prize would have to be paid for entirely by you."

We don't need to pick on someone for their literacy or age.
Ok, if U gotta be mean, be mean
But part of the organizers quiz is to get at least 4 confirmed bladers for a tournament and submit the link of the forum, so if you aren't going to be an organizer and you're picking on me for trying, then get out of my thread and don't come back
Wow. Let's clear this up Right Now.

I wasn't being mean. Someone else was perhaps being slightly mean, but their concerns were sincere and accurate.

I gave you an extensive guide on how to do this. I was being Helpful. I was not picking on you for trying.

You need to read what people say more carefully than you have so far.

You still haven't indicated a location and time for your tournament. I hope you will read what I wrote more carefully and not jump to incorrect conclusions. I wish you luck on your tournament attempt.
(Jul. 14, 2019  8:25 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Wow. Let's clear this up Right Now.

I wasn't being mean. Someone else was perhaps being slightly mean, but their concerns were sincere and accurate.

I gave you an extensive guide on how to do this. I was being Helpful. I was not picking on you for trying.

You need to read what people say more carefully than you have so far.

You still haven't indicated a location and time for your tournament. I hope you will read what I wrote more carefully and not jump to incorrect conclusions. I wish you luck on your tournament attempt.
Sorry, I was reffurring to gember, not u. I quoted the wrong one
He picked on me in my last forum too
Thanks for the help tho, I already took the quiz but I need more recent acceptions.
You know what? I have all the confirmations I need, because my brother and my cousin and me all want to do the tournament.
(Jul. 15, 2019  5:46 PM)catblader109 Wrote: You know what? I have all the confirmations I need, because my brother and my cousin and me all want to do the tournament.

Make sure you post their WBO accounts on the Quiz. Wink
(Jul. 15, 2019  6:08 PM)OldSchool™ Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  5:46 PM)catblader109 Wrote: You know what? I have all the confirmations I need, because my brother and my cousin and me all want to do the tournament.

Make sure you post their WBO accounts on the Quiz. Wink
Ok
I'm in Chicago and I am interested!
i dont think this is necro posting but im an organizer and i want to know if there are any bladers out here kjrules17 sent me this thanks
(Nov. 23, 2020  5:39 PM)beykid44 Wrote: i dont think this is necro posting but im an organizer and i want to know if there are any bladers out here kjrules17 sent me this thanks

Well uh, do you have discord? Im the admin of the wisconsin bladers server
(Nov. 23, 2020  7:32 PM)catblader109 Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2020  5:39 PM)beykid44 Wrote: i dont think this is necro posting but im an organizer and i want to know if there are any bladers out here kjrules17 sent me this thanks

Well uh, do you have discord? Im the admin of the wisconsin bladers server

Could I get hooked up with that server link?  I'm KarrMando on Discord.  Would appreciate it.
(Jun. 05, 2022  9:04 AM)Monzoso Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2020  7:32 PM)catblader109 Wrote: Well uh, do you have discord? Im the admin of the wisconsin bladers server

Could I get hooked up with that server link?  I'm KarrMando on Discord.  Would appreciate it.

https://discord.gg/EBktzRY