[Washington DC] 01/21/12 - Voyages of HMS Beagle

on
Hosted by
  Yami
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hello MD Bladers!

Just like Charles Darwin took a voyage of discovery to the Galapagos Islands on the HMS Beagle, Maryland bladers get to discover HMS beyblades in a special tournament this month, Voyages of HMS Beagle! The tournament is co-hosted by me and Arupaeo, and will be held at the same time as the regular monthly MFB tournament, Ataque de Año Nuevo.

HMS is a very fun beyblade format, and I hope that the bladers with HMS beys come out and compete to show everyone what it's all about!

If you play in both tournaments, you only pay the room fee once, and if you have a blader passport you don't pay any additional tournament fees either!

The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is located about 100 yards west of Connecticut Avenue on Woodley Road. Parking in the surrounding neighborhoods can sometimes be challenging due to the close proximity of the National Zoo, so please plan to either arrive early to find free parking, arrive whenever and pay for parking, or take the DC Metro Red Line to the Woodley Park / National Zoo station and a very short walk to the hotel.

Date: Saturday, January 21, 2011
Location: The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel: 2660 Woodley Road NW · Washington, DC 20008 (We will be in the McKinley Room) https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/tra...dman-park/
Start time: 12:30-ish
Surface: Carpet!
Fees: $5 Room Fee + Standard WBO fees: $5 entry fee or $10 for a Blader Passport that gives you free tournaments for a year
Prizes: Prizes have not been decided yet, but at the very least we are battling for Gold, Silver and Bronze faces!

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Galaxy4Stars
  2. Arupaeo
  3. Burn Rock Virgo
  4. J o n
  5. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  6. night wing 247
  7. DAJ
  8. drakio
  9. othellog? (Rises from the dead)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I won't have any HMS for sale at this tournament, but if there is interest moving forward it is something that I can look into. The vast majority of these beys are not at all cheap - so it's a bit of a challenge.
Let me clear this up......

HMS means Heavy Metal System as it explains in this video-

Also i'll be very kind...i'll let you borrow my Driger MS or Gaia Dragoon MS if you want to participate for a dollar for the whole tournament.....I'm just a cheap person Tongue_out
Sign me up I am in, but I am not 100% sure, I am more like 90%, I don't know if any other events will pop up so for now but me down as a confirmed.
(Jan. 11, 2012  12:43 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: Also i'll be very kind...i'll let you borrow my Driger MS or Gaia Dragoon MS if you want to participate for a dollar for the whole tournament.....I'm just a cheap person Tongue_out

LOL, I loved this.

Just to be sure, though, we'll be using regular MFB Attack stadiums for this event, correct?
(Jan. 11, 2012  3:41 AM)drakio Wrote: Sign me up I am in, but I am not 100% sure, I am more like 90%, I don't know if any other events will pop up so for now but me down as a confirmed.
Your up the list!

All right! We have 8 Confirmed bladers!

(Jan. 11, 2012  4:22 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2012  12:43 AM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: Also i'll be very kind...i'll let you borrow my Driger MS or Gaia Dragoon MS if you want to participate for a dollar for the whole tournament.....I'm just a cheap person Tongue_out

LOL, I loved this.

Just to be sure, though, we'll be using regular MFB Attack stadiums for this event, correct?
Yes Smile

Galaxy, do you need any extra stadiums?
(Jan. 11, 2012  7:48 AM)Tech Wrote: Galaxy, do you need any extra stadiums?
Hah no not at all we have Arupaeo providing us the stadium!

Thanks anyway!
Sorry to tell you guys this, but I won't be able to come to this tournament either Unhappy

Still, good luck all the same!
(Jan. 17, 2012  10:51 PM)SonikkuBey Wrote: I am in!

I've got you up on the other thread!

NOTE TO Galaxy4Stars: (SonikkuBey won't be participating in the HMS tourney)
Othellog on List??????????? FYI
Yup. He's definitely on the list. Back from the dead! Smile

And just in time as Drakio thinks that he might not be able to make it now...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to DC's first HMS tournament! Smile
oh dear with His Dragoon MSUV :l im done LOL
I don't think he has MSUV.

But I do.

mwah ha ha ha

Eee
Damn you D:
More then 12 hours left! Anyone fired up for tomorrow!?

Also please Read the rules! Universal Rules (Standard Format, HMS Format, and Plastic Format)
I'm fired up!

And yes, reading the Universal rules is important because there are some HMS-specific rules that are not in the standard rules.

See you all tomorrow!
I actually got my carp kicked by Dei, but I still had a lot of fun.
Once I have the money, I might be going into HMS, and staying out of MFB for a little. I need to get back out at Dei, my launcher fell out of my launcher grip 3 times. Tired
Congratulations everyone! 9 bladers fought valiantly with their old-school Heavy Metal System beys in Voyages of HMS Beagle!

Here are the official results...

1st place: Arupaeo
2nd place: beydoc123450
3rd place: Snowballman
4th place: Deikailo

Big thanks to Deikailo for coming with her Tornado Attack stadium - it was quite a treat to blade in!
One final note of great interest to the top three finishers!

While we were not able to get approval for physical prizes for this tournament and beypoints won't be given, we were able to get approval (on a one-time-only basis) to give the top three their choice of one of these Face Boosters:
So Arupaeo, Bedoc123450 and Snowballman, chime in and claim your prize by posting which Face Booster you have selected here in this thread!

For me, I choose Face Booster PURPLE! [Image: FaceBoosterIconPurple.png]
You point an LED Sight to your Face Booster PURPLE and shoot a Beyblade at it to uncover...

... A Byxis Face!

[Image: ByxisFace.png]
i'll have a orange face booster. please.
(Jan. 24, 2012  10:30 PM)beydoc123450 Wrote: i'll have a orange face booster. please.

You look at your Face Booster ORANGE [Image: faceboosterorange.png] and decide that it is actually a real orange. After peeling off the first quarter of the skin you notice that something has fallen out. It is...
l
V
[Image: escolpioface.png] Escolpio!
Does anyone know snowballman IRL? Can you tell him to log in and pick his Face booster?
This tournament has now been processed, and all Faces and Credits have been awarded. Congratulations all!

HMS is not dead! Eee