WBO vs. Hasbro/Nelvana RPG Community Project- claim your job!

Hmmm...either you can stick with the original material and use the Beyblade characters or you can try taking the completely original route. I was hoping for a GOOD story mode instead of tournament after tournament. Come to think of it, that would probably mean that the game would let you save in-between matches...

You know what, I think I'd like go with the original route and have the game let you create a character and have his personality determined by choices in the story. Have one set of choices lead to one reward and another lead to a separate reward, so you can have some replayability in-game.

Oh, and if you put stats on the parts, can you have them relevant to the testing in real life, not those stats that Takara/Hasbro puts on?
Also make it so when you make your character, you can customize hair style/color, clothes, eye color, skin color, etc
(Sep. 15, 2008  3:47 PM)Shining Blaze Wrote: Oh, and if you put stats on the parts, can you have them relevant to the testing in real life, not those stats that Takara/Hasbro puts on?

The problem with this is that parts in real life don't work like that. Parts work to together to perform differently. Which is why it would be pretty hard to give individual parts feasible stats. I was thinking of just having certain combos that would be recognized as better in a certain type than others, like a staple combo, and have it the same in the game and just give it a lvl, like defense lvl 5 for a staple defense combo and then they get worse the weaker the defense comb, etc. And I will probably make this an rpg, so it won't just be a bunch of tournaments.
now am really exited ,plz say you started??if not plz start.
If you put Tyson in there, maybe you could do a playable Kendo duel mode with his grandpa?
No, I haven't started yet, I've been really busy with school and I've been sick this and last weekend which when I would've had free time. I'll get it started ASAP, though. Also, I'll probly not add any minigames, but i still may do that.
I'll be starting this this weekend.
You could have used edit instead of double posting. Anyhow, sounds like it could be great. If it works out well I'm sure people could even port it to a GBA flash cart or something. Joyful_3

I'm thinking that the item stats system would be somewhat similar to Sonic: Battle on the GBA?
(Sep. 27, 2008  11:04 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: You could have used edit instead of double posting.

You're not a mod, don't act like one. The posts were almost a week apart.
(Sep. 27, 2008  11:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2008  11:04 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: You could have used edit instead of double posting.

You're not a mod, don't act like one. The posts were almost a week apart.

I was just saying, meh. Sorry.

EDIT: It was just a side note to the other information I was saying.
If he only edited the post, how are people supposed to know the thread has been updated?
Would be cool if you made like an online RPG, such as Runes Scape(excuse my nerd).
(Sep. 13, 2008  6:47 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: Dragonball Z but instead of Ki Blasts have giant beyblades. KAMEHAMEHA BEYBLADE STYLE.

In all seriousness I heard most beyblade games sucked but I guess a you could find some sort of way to customise them and then choose different shooting styles and make it realistic to life? Meh.

EDIT: I just thought about it more and maybe have tournament style things to win money to buy stuff from a bey shop or to win bey parts per time? Random boosters etc.?

Pretty sure you could copy the main design of some yugioh game and edit stuff to make that work.

I just imagined Goku doing his bad carp Kamehameha wave and like.. a GIGANTIC carp BUMP KING just slowly emerges from the energy field from his hands.
Lol, Anubis. But I'm working on the rpg part this weekend which will be farely easy, the battle engine's the hard part. I've got the walking engine(lol, I know) done already and alot of graphics to work with. I am going to add a textbox engine later today.
Yes, I've started the game, but I dont have much yet.
What do you have? I'd like to help out with ideas etc
A small start on the engine, like walking and soon a textbox, lol. I also have the tiles and sprites ripped, or atleast alot of them.
suggestion make the beyblade effect how well you bit beast does and how powerful it is i mean like if your blade is getting thrashed or beaten bad the bit beast isn't strong and if your blade is owning make the bit beast do better
(Sep. 13, 2008  6:47 PM)Surfingpikachao Wrote: I heard most beyblade games sucked
Where!?
[Image: daichi.jpg]
I loved this game!!! Spent hours on it dammit!!
(Oct. 23, 2008  11:08 PM)protocyber23 Wrote: suggestion make the beyblade effect how well you bit beast does and how powerful it is i mean like if your blade is getting thrashed or beaten bad the bit beast isn't strong and if your blade is owning make the bit beast do better

Thats a good idea, thanks. I'm gonna probably use it now.
am waiting for the game,am so exited,do u have a release date?Smile
Nope, lol, that will be a long time from now. The battle engine hasn't been started yet. And the text engine still has some bugs I need to fix. It should be fixed tomorrow or later tonight.
cool and thanks for taking my idea to put in your game
Sorry, I'm behind, I've been busy(b-day and video games, lol) and I'm really not satisfied enough with what I have to release a demo yet. I'll get to it soon.
Awesome! Gives us an update when your ready. And quick question: which game are you using for the base of the battle engine?