WBO Youtube: Introducing Beyblade Reviews!

Nice new review for nL! More videos to show for people wanting recommendations, haha!

I would like to see a follow-up to the God Customize Set one that gives an updated view on Ark Bahamut, based on current findings. In the least, throwing in a video annotation for now would be great.

Otherwise, all the videos are awesome! Amazing job!
(Apr. 09, 2018  7:51 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I would like to see a follow-up to the God Customize Set one that gives an updated view on Ark Bahamut, based on current findings. In the least, throwing in a video annotation for now would be great.

Unfortunately, annotations are no longer supported on Youtube.

In any case, I don't think there is any widely applicable legitimate reason to use aB over something like Sr at the moment, so I'm not too concerned with our assessment of it in the video, even if it was maybe a bit too harsh.
(Apr. 10, 2018  3:19 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2018  7:51 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I would like to see a follow-up to the God Customize Set one that gives an updated view on Ark Bahamut, based on current findings. In the least, throwing in a video annotation for now would be great.

In any case, I don't think there is any widely applicable legitimate reason to use aB over something like Sr at the moment, so I'm not too concerned with our assessment of it in the video, even if it was maybe a bit too harsh.

For the YouTube channel could you post testing stuff kinda like what Jojo [Jp0t] does? It would be pretty cool for the wbo channel to feature videos like that
Can you guys do a video on Sr? It has a lot of meta relevance and I bet a lot of people would like a video on it.
(Apr. 10, 2018  3:24 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: Can you guys do a video on Sr? It has a lot of meta relevance and I bet a lot of people would like a video on it.

It's coming sooner than you'd think Wink
(Apr. 10, 2018  3:21 AM)Cam77 Wrote: For the YouTube channel could you post testing stuff kinda like what Jojo [Jp0t] does? It would be pretty cool for the wbo channel to feature videos like that

We can certainly consider it. The main issue is simply time, and TrainiacJ only has so much of it to volunteer like we all do. His focus so far has mainly been–and will continue to be–aiming to produce one Beyblade Review per month (on average) that meets our standards of quality.

Jojo [Jp0t] herself is actually on our Youtube Contributor team though, but hasn't had a chance to produce anything for us yet. So maybe she could do something like this for us in the future. We'll see!

Thanks for the suggestion!
I wonder if I can help TrainiacJ write the scripts for those reviews
(Apr. 10, 2018  3:54 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: I wonder if I can help TrainiacJ write the scripts for those reviews

I'll still perform the final review and editing, but you certainly can! I'll get him to contact you about it to walk you through our process.
(Apr. 10, 2018  3:19 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 09, 2018  7:51 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I would like to see a follow-up to the God Customize Set one that gives an updated view on Ark Bahamut, based on current findings. In the least, throwing in a video annotation for now would be great.

That's sad about annotations. Too bad. That would've been the simplest way to go about it.

I think it's worth making a quick 1-minute-or-so follow-up correction because the God Customize Set is still the best single purchase anyone interested in being involved in competitive TT can make. And as someone who really likes the WBO video and tries to make use of it, it's a bummer having to make the effort to explain that the video is wrong at X section because Y myself. (Because I am not gonna let that go when I'm trying to help someone.) Makes it annoying to use, as good as it is otherwise. So I think it still matters and is relevant.

You could reuse footage from the current video. Use the opening with showing the whole set, then the parts with close ups with Arc Bahamut, and then the part with it in action. Add in the suggested combo corner overlay thing if you want to be really fancy. But otherwise, only the audio recording would have to be created, the rest is reused. That's a lot less time than other videos.

I am willing to help where I can, if the video material can be provided. I know it's totally a volunteer effort making these videos, and if that's the only reason it wouldn't be fixed (because it's not deemed worth the time), then I can see what I can do.
(Apr. 10, 2018  4:09 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: That's sad about annotations. Too bad. That would've been the simplest way to go about it.

I think it's worth making a quick 1-minute-or-so follow-up correction because the God Customize Set is still the best single purchase anyone interested in being involved in competitive TT can make. And as someone who really likes the WBO video and tries to make use of it, it's a bummer having to make the effort to explain that the video is wrong at X section because Y myself. (Because I am not gonna let that go when I'm trying to help someone.) Makes it annoying to use, as good as it is otherwise. So I think it still matters and is relevant.

You could reuse footage from the current video. Use the opening with showing the whole set, then the parts with close ups with Arc Bahamut, and then the part with it in action. Add in the suggested combo corner overlay thing if you want to be really fancy. But otherwise, only the audio recording would have to be created, the rest is reused. That's a lot less time than other videos.

I am willing to help where I can, if the video material can be provided. I know it's totally a volunteer effort making these videos, and if that's the only reason it wouldn't be fixed (because it's not deemed worth the time), then I can see what I can do.

The fact of the matter is that unfortunately, our reviews will inevitably become outdated to one degree or another with the passage of time. That's the unavoidable reality of posting reviews of Beyblades in an ongoing series. We do our best to assess the Beyblades fairly, and take our time a lot more than other people do in posting the video reviews. Usually, I think what we produce is pretty accurate at least within the general time frame it is released. Sometimes maybe we go too fair one way or another, but we also can't necessarily predict future discoveries or trends.

In the case of Arc Bahamut however, I still do not believe there is any compelling reason to use it over Spriggan Requiem at this time. Unless there's something I'm missing. Maybe back when this was produced we praised Drain Fafnir too much over aB (dF is better for spin stealing, but I know people like Alta have said aB is supposedly better against things like nL), but to me I think our time is better spent moving forward than looking backwards and trying to fix things that ultimately weren't that inaccurate. It would set a precedent that I don't think we can or should burden ourselves with. It's also important to remember that just because we don't say in a review "this part is great" doesn't automatically mean that it's useless. Sometimes there's certain aspects of parts we have to gloss over for the sake of brevity. The reviews are meant to provide a general overview, not necessarily a comprehensive, in-depth look.

But don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your offer to help! I'd encourage you to hold on to that attitude and do your best to help people around the forums. We need more people like you who are able and willing to help!

And of course, you are always free to comment on the review videos if you think something is inaccurate. Never hurts to have additional informed opinions posted there so people can make up their own minds.
Well @[Kei] I guess not much to be said if offering to help fix it is declined. I get that the videos will not always be accurate with age, but if it was just a competitive aspect and not also missing how the part is now better understood to function in battle, I'd be more inclined to agree with leaving it for this situation. That's the only line I've got.

But I guess it's an agree-to-disagree situation. Not worth continuing on then. I'll just have to find my own way to help people regarding it, that's all. Hopefully I can better understand other things more so that I can better do so, as I know I have more things to learn myself.

But at least there's a bunch of good folks here that I'm sure would help keep me from pulling a blind leading the blind, haha.

Thanks all the same though for talking it out with me and still encouraging me, I do want to say. No hard feelings or anything.
Check out our review of December 2017's B-100 Spriggan Requiem.0.Zt!