WBO Times! Rereopened under newer management.

For those of you who are not yet aware the WBO Times is a little online newspaper about this glorious forum. We produce a newspaper a month but maybe later we might be producing one a fortnight depending on how we go.

The only guaranteed spots are the previous owners of the newspaper (Sparta and Burnblader) as they have already shown a great amount of dedication to the paper in attempting to run it.
Staff:
RowDog: Manager/Editor/Article Writer
Aura: Article writer
Flaming Aries: Tournament Announcer
Sparta: Editor
Blitz Unicorno: Newest Beyblades

Available jobs:
2 Article writers
1 Comic maker
If you want to apply for a job please pm me and don't post in the thread. You must include in your application:
Why you deserve the spot:
At least a paragraph
An example of your work:
  • Article writer: An example article. Topic of your choice.
  • Interviewer: An example interview. User and topic of your choice.
  • Special Segment owner: Creative idea for a part in every newspaper that will be continued throughout every newspaper (Eg. Story of the week. Newest beyblades etc.). Should have a punchy title for it.
  • Comic maker: An example comic. You choose what.
  • Editor: Fix up a chapter from a story in the 'Your Creations' forum with heaps of mistakes (post the chapter before fixed aswell).

You can only apply for one of the jobs.
Along with all this we will have one rotating article writer spot so each month a new member can write an article but won't be full time. When this paper starts off pm me with the title 'Rotation Article' with the article you have made.

Advertising

I guess I'll apply to be an Article Writer. I'll send my entry to you later today (probably tomorrow for you) because of school.
No more tournament writer?
I want to be a comic maker.
However, should the comic related to Beyblade?
I'll apply for the article writer, just PM me what you need me to send. I had a job on BurnBlader's thread, I guess, so I wanna be involved in this one Smile
EDIT: Dangit CRU, next time, read the WHOLE OP Tired
Ok I'll put in a 'Tournament announcer' to announce upcoming tournaments.

(Aug. 27, 2011  4:58 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: I want to be a comic maker.
However, should the comic related to Beyblade?
It has to be WBO or beyblade related as those two things are the main topics of the paper.
I will apply for tournament announcer
(Aug. 27, 2011  7:00 AM)Flaming Aries Wrote: I will apply for tournament announcer
Then pm me with why you deserve the spot Wink.

Since I'm 'guaranteed' a spot in the paper, do I still have to send you an example?
Imma think of sending an ad, if I ever get to it...
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:47 PM)Sparta Wrote: Since I'm 'guaranteed' a spot in the paper, do I still have to send you an example?
Nope. Aren't you lucky? What place do you want?
(Aug. 28, 2011  10:13 AM)RowDog Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2011  4:47 PM)Sparta Wrote: Since I'm 'guaranteed' a spot in the paper, do I still have to send you an example?
Nope. Aren't you lucky? What place do you want?

I'd like to be the editor. It's something I like to do, and it's something I'm good at.

It's correcting grammar and spelling, and I AM A GRAMMAR FREAK!
Welcome back to the WBO Times! Lol, hiring the founder of the paper.
hmm, so can you say about extra jobs you think would be good? i still think short story writer i'd do, if not PM me and i'll see what other jobs i can do ok?
(Aug. 29, 2011  2:46 PM)Nwolf Wrote: hmm, so can you say about extra jobs you think would be good? i still think short story writer i'd do, if not PM me and i'll see what other jobs i can do ok?
I don't t

hink we need a short story writer because it will take up another whole page for it to be any good. And you can just search for stories if you want to read one (not like there isn't many).

Really quiet actually in terms of applications. We still got four spots left, COMEON GUYS!
Hmm... Thinking of running for comic maker, how long should the comic be?
Also, you should change BurnBlader to Aura in the op.
(Sep. 01, 2011  11:16 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: Hmm... Thinking of running for comic maker, how long should the comic be?
However long you want, but try to keep it kinda short.
(Sep. 01, 2011  11:17 AM)RowDog Wrote:
(Sep. 01, 2011  11:16 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: Hmm... Thinking of running for comic maker, how long should the comic be?
However long you want, but try to keep it kinda short.
Like a four-panel?

Geez, somebody is going to be a Comic maker.
I must be hurry.
(Sep. 01, 2011  11:54 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Geez, somebody is going to be a Comic maker.
I must be hurry.
I don't give it to the first applicant I give it to the best applicant.
(Sep. 01, 2011  11:54 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Geez, somebody is going to be a Comic maker.
I must be hurry.
No need to hurry. I can't use a computer to draw unlike a lot of people in this community... So I have to draw, scan, perfect, color (if needed), and I'm kind of slow. Although I have an idea for a comic...
is this going to have a new thread?
(Aug. 02, 2012  4:19 PM)X-Saber Wrote: is this going to have a new thread?

This thread has obviously died. No need to repost.
The last post was September of last year. Almost a 11 months ago.
Just let it die. :\