WBO Organized Play Ruling Updates - May 2017

(Jun. 26, 2017  1:21 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Does this mean Odin is now legal, or is it still banned from play. Also is there any part bans that we should expect from the committee in the future.

Only Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther are banned now. 

And parts are usually banned after not just the Committee realises that they harm the metagame, that the metagame revolves around just those pieces...
*cough*cough*

Drain fafnir
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:37 AM)Mage Wrote: *cough*cough*

Drain fafnir

Exactly, but more discussion needs to be initiated before a ban is announced.
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:37 AM)Mage Wrote: *cough*cough*

Drain fafnir

Exactly, but more discussion needs to be initiated before a ban is announced.

Yes I agree
If Legend Spriggan becomes a great counter it's dominance will lower dramatically
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:19 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Exactly, but more discussion needs to be initiated before a ban is announced.

Yes I agree
If Legend Spriggan becomes a great counter it's dominance will lower dramatically

Though we could rather find things that can beat it from existing parta too. There's not always need to ban things because they are powerful or just used alot. We can bring back Scythers to balance out maybe and TT is aware of this issue I'm sure, they will too try to balance meta out in someway.

+ there are like 100s of untested combos. Maybe there could be combination that just as powerful. WBO should (and probably does) avoid banning and keeps as very last option.
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:42 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  3:19 AM)Mage Wrote: Yes I agree

Though we could rather find things that can beat it from existing parta too. There's not always need to ban things because they are powerful or just used alot. We can bring back Scythers to balance out maybe and TT is aware of this issue I'm sure, they will too try to balance meta out in someway.

+ there are like 100s of untested combos. Maybe there could be combination that just as powerful. WBO should (and probably does) avoid banning and keeps as very last option.

Although a lot of the winning combinations is JUST Drain Fafnir.P.At and it is pretty much like the D and D2 problem, every single tournament had it win over and over again. Even we bring back the Deathsycthers dF would still dominate due to it being very good against the very round Deathsycthers. Most untested combos r probably trash and most of them are attack types which don't have much use in the meta (except L2)
Is the dual cyclone stadium allowed in this format. I don't own it yet but I am getting it soon and I want to know.
(Jul. 03, 2017  3:15 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Is the dual cyclone stadium allowed in this format. I don't own it yet but I am getting it soon and I want to know.

No only the Standard type stadium is allowed. Id you dont have that get it first since it is cheaper and stadiums from japan aren't cheap to begin with.

(Jul. 03, 2017  3:18 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2017  3:15 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Is the dual cyclone stadium allowed in this format. I don't own it yet but I am getting it soon and I want to know.

No only the Standard type stadium is allowed. If you dont have that get it first since it is cheaper and stadiums from japan aren't cheap to begin with.

No, all Burst events still need to take place in a Standard-type Burst Beystadium.

EDIT: it appears I have been ninja'd...
Does this mean that HASBRO's dark doomscizer is also banned?
(Aug. 07, 2017  7:48 AM)Dragon born Wrote: Does this mean that HASBRO's dark doomscizer is also banned?

No it even specifically says it's not
(May. 14, 2017  3:19 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Sorry if this is obvious it came out as unclear:
Sonce TT disks are legal in hasbro only formats, is it legal to use disks that hasbro hasn't released?
It said both companies have to release it in hasbro only tournaments.