WBO Organized Play Rule Updates May 2018 – Sr, G3, mG, Level Chips Banned + More

(May. 09, 2018  10:58 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Wait, is this ban on level chips permanent!?  Or will it be revised once level chips get a little common? Because at this point the ban is fair, but in future, I think level chips will become a very useful part.

I feel like no ban should be seen as permanent, just until whatever the reason for the ban is gone.

I mean, it'd be rough if some previous decisions could never be changed. But the rules are digital, not carved in stone.
(May. 09, 2018  12:47 PM)Snidmist Wrote: https://youtu.be/QI8VwXgwHFo
This is my small YouTube channel and i have tried to counter maximum garuda . Maybe you guys can take a look at this . There will be a part 2 also . And kei i do agree to what you said but do have a look at my video maybe it can help

Thanks for taking the time to make a video! A couple questions:

1. How worn is your mG? Has it been used a lot? I have one that is completely unusable because it was used quite a bit before I replaced it with the one I have recently been testing with.
2. Do you have multiple Orbit Drivers? If so, do they vary in tightness at all? I have four and my W2 Orbit is the tightest (with the other three being about the same). Not sure if W2's Orbit is always tighter, but that's how it is for mine and that's what I've used for my testing recently.
3. How hard were you launching mG against zA and eF?

I think especially for my first two questions, if you're using a brand new mG and a tight Orbit Driver, you'll find that those combos generally won't burst it.
Cant wait to see how to metagame will advance with the new bans. With new parts coming, its good to have those beys out of the way. Im looking forward to seeing people using more attack types.
(May. 09, 2018  9:01 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  12:47 PM)Snidmist Wrote: https://youtu.be/QI8VwXgwHFo
This is my small YouTube channel and i have tried to counter maximum garuda . Maybe you guys can take a look at this . There will be a part 2 also . And kei i do agree to what you said but do have a look at my video maybe it can help

Thanks for taking the time to make a video! A couple questions:

1. How worn is your mG? Has it been used a lot? I have one that is completely unusable because it was used quite a bit before I replaced it with the one I have recently been testing with.
2. Do you have multiple Orbit Drivers? If so, do they vary in tightness at all? I have four and my W2 Orbit is the tightest (with the other three being about the same). Not sure if W2's Orbit is always tighter, but that's how it is for mine and that's what I've used for my testing recently.
3. How hard were you launching mG against zA and eF?

I think especially for my first two questions, if you're using a brand new mG and a tight Orbit Driver, you'll find that those combos generally won't burst it.

1st : i have 4 maximum garuda layers including the red cherry colour one 2 are mint 2 slightly used 

2nd : i lack here as i just have two orbit drivers , the one which i used in the video is tighter 

3rd : it was a moderate Launch , medium strength .

Technically i feel the mg which you have is  more tight than the ones i have , but still the combos of ef and za should burst it due to their stationary attack if they hit mg continuously which the blader has to do . 

https://youtu.be/qCDi6Ql2t9g
This is one more video i made for mg . But this has stamina combos . And the dc which i am using has a god chip from ks which makes is next level tight . 

To conclude i think stationary attack types and stamina tupes can take out mg , the only category which fails to are attack types , but i am going to make a part 3 which will include pure attack types against mg .
Maximum Garuda had it coming since the trial ban back then. so did hasbro Garuda G3 thanks to those slopes.
well theres goes my plan to use Sr. but eh, hopefully i can think of combos for Ac and Br. (yes i know blaze isn't the best, but I'm still gonna try to make it work. and just try to have fun with it really)

i really gotta stay up to date. i didn't even know that Sr was so OP in the first place. probably because i never been to a tournament. at least not yet, that is.
(May. 10, 2018  8:09 PM)Donkat Three Wrote: well theres goes my plan to use Sr. but eh, hopefully i can think of combos for Ac and Br. (yes i know blaze isn't the best, but I'm still gonna try to make it work. and just try to have fun with it really)

i really gotta stay up to date. i didn't even know that Sr was so OP in the first place. probably because i never been to a tournament. at least not yet, that is.

Just a tip, if you're referring to Alter Cognite/Chronos and Blaze Ragnarok/Ragnaruk, they'd be aC and bR, I believe. Don't quote me on that. I only recently learned that the namesake/creature the bey is based on is the uppercase letter (in Valkyrie's case, it goes V, vV or V2, gV, sgV, wV.)

I'm still getting used to all the abbreviations myself, to be honest ^-^;
(May. 10, 2018  9:03 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  8:09 PM)Donkat Three Wrote: well theres goes my plan to use Sr. but eh, hopefully i can think of combos for Ac and Br. (yes i know blaze isn't the best, but I'm still gonna try to make it work. and just try to have fun with it really)

Just a tip, if you're referring to Alter Cognite/Chronos and Blaze Ragnarok/Ragnaruk, they'd be aC and bR, I believe. Don't quote me on that. I only recently learned that the namesake/creature the bey is based on is the uppercase letter (in Valkyrie's case, it goes V, vV or V2, gV, sgV, wV.)

V2 is the official acronym for Victory Valkyrie. And don't worry, you'll get it. Also, and I don't mean to be a jerk, SgV is the official acronym for Strike God Valkyrie.
sad that they did a trial ban for Sr but this may open pu other bladers to attack combos and other defence layers again
(May. 10, 2018  11:12 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  9:03 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Just a tip, if you're referring to Alter Cognite/Chronos and Blaze Ragnarok/Ragnaruk, they'd be aC and bR, I believe. Don't quote me on that. I only recently learned that the namesake/creature the bey is based on is the uppercase letter (in Valkyrie's case, it goes V, vV or V2, gV, sgV, wV.)

V2 is the official acronym for Victory Valkyrie. And don't worry, you'll get it. Also, and I don't mean to be a jerk, SgV is the official acronym for Strike God Valkyrie.

huh, thanks you two!
With hearing how more mobile combos will take precedence, I feel Hold will make a comeback on Winning Valkyrie,Nightmare Longinus, and Bloody Longinus and Volcanic being used for Tornado Stallers; Could be entirely wrong though.
I think the fact everyone wants Sr back because of its power is a stronger justification to have it stay banned from the meta until Cho Z completely shadows it over.
I feel like wV.0B.Nt will spam the meta, the weight of wV.0B would compress nothings spring, and make it do crazy stuff
(May. 16, 2018  9:52 PM)K1D Wrote: I feel like wV.0B.Nt will spam the meta, the weight of wV.0B would compress nothings spring, and make it do crazy stuff
I have tested that before and it doesn’t do crazy things, it just stays close to the center of the stadium. It wins a lot though, so I can see a few people using it
(May. 17, 2018  3:39 AM)BeybladerBraden Wrote:
(May. 16, 2018  9:52 PM)K1D Wrote: I feel like wV.0B.Nt will spam the meta, the weight of wV.0B would compress nothings spring, and make it do crazy stuff
I have tested that before and it doesn’t do crazy things, it just stays close to the center of the stadium. It wins a lot though, so I can see a few people using it

It seems to have decent movement with a sliding shoot
Since I do not participate official WBO tournaments, did not comment things that other people know much better, but since the first day of ban there's only one thing on my mind.

When playing with son at home, first thing we do is taking Sr and mG out of box. Then start playing (by other beyblades).
With news of the new bey archer Hercules, People have seen in the leaked photos that there is going to be a blue colored level chip coming with it. My theory is that takara tomy will soon have more beys with more level chips coming with them. So I honestly hope that the rules may change in the future and other new cho-zetzu beys will get level chips as well.
(Jun. 01, 2018  10:25 PM)Hostileblade33 Wrote: With news of the new bey archer Hercules, People have seen in the leaked photos that there is going to be a blue colored level chip coming with it. My theory is that takara tomy will soon have more beys with more level chips coming with them. So I honestly hope that the rules may change in the future and other new cho-zetzu beys will get level chips as well.

The leaked image also shows Hell Salamander with a Level Chip, and it did not come with one. So, most likely Hercules does not come with a Level Chip.
(Jun. 01, 2018  10:25 PM)Hostileblade33 Wrote: With news of the new bey archer Hercules, People have seen in the leaked photos that there is going to be a blue colored level chip coming with it. My theory is that takara tomy will soon have more beys with more level chips coming with them. So I honestly hope that the rules may change in the future and other new cho-zetzu beys will get level chips as well.

The shots people have all come from the anime and its database, and many anime characters seem to have Level Chips. None of the beys with Level Chips in the anime have come with Level Chips in the box.

When we see the actual Beyblade with a Level Chip, then it's worth noting. Otherwise, it's people accidentally just spreading misinformation and not paying attention to the facts. (Some people are putting this out as a fact right now.)

Of course, the rules would change if TT actually sells the Level Chips. That's without a doubt in my mind. But for now, it's still a bit up in the air.
(Jun. 01, 2018  10:25 PM)Hostileblade33 Wrote: With news of the new bey archer Hercules, People have seen in the leaked photos that there is going to be a blue colored level chip coming with it.

That Blue Level Chip was released separately.
If the TT Spriggan requeim is banned, does that mean that the hasbro one is as well?
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:47 AM)bladekid Wrote: If the TT Spriggan requeim is banned, does that mean that the hasbro one is as well?
No. It probably will be though, but for right now, Spryzen Requiem S3 is not banned.
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:53 AM)kjrules17 Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2018  4:47 AM)bladekid Wrote: If the TT Spriggan requeim is banned, does that mean that the hasbro one is as well?
No. It probably will be though, but for right now, Spryzen Requiem S3 is not banned.

Well, I already know what I'm useing at the beytuber brawl!