WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts

If we're ever gonna get Limited Zero-G, I wanna see my dream of a Plastics Zero-G format realized as well. Serious
(sshhhh, don't fight it, just let it happen)
(Jul. 07, 2014  5:53 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: If we're ever gonna get Limited Zero-G, I wanna see my dream of a Plastics Zero-G format realized as well. Serious

I was just thinking about this earlier, no joke, haha!
(Jul. 07, 2014  5:53 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: If we're ever gonna get Limited Zero-G, I wanna see my dream of a Plastics Zero-G format realized as well. Serious
That would be amazing. Seriously; HMS Z-G too. Circle Wide is literally like a CF.
Grip Base will be so OP in Plastics!
And this would bring attention to older gens for battle!

Dranzer V base=CF sway
Draciel S base=anti sway
Trypio-scrape-o-holic

Awesome sauce.
(Jul. 07, 2014  5:16 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: I really hope in the ternament after HPT6, i can get in top 50 or in the 50's, and advance and place in the next ternament, but hopefully i advance lol, i can't wait to see everyone!!!! it's been a while,Tongue_out

I take it you can, bud. Consider that you do have a fair amount of competitive parts, so all you need to do is use them wisely.

On another note, I'm really starting to lack in confidence for High Park Throwdown 6, aha. If I don't do too good, I'll probably move back down to the 100's.
I hope you do well midnight!!!!!!!!!!!
(Jul. 07, 2014  7:26 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2014  5:53 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: If we're ever gonna get Limited Zero-G, I wanna see my dream of a Plastics Zero-G format realized as well. :serious:
That would be amazing. Seriously; HMS Z-G too. Circle Wide is literally like a CF.

As good as B:D is in Zero-G, I can see Bearing Grip Base being really OP too. Actually a rubber tipped B:D would be pretty OP in Standard too.
(Jul. 07, 2014  9:55 PM)Wombat Wrote:

As good as BGrin is in Zero-G, I can see Bearing Grip Base being really OP too. Actually a rubber tipped BGrin would be pretty OP in Standard too.
I never thought of a rubber bearing drive, but I've always wished that there was a rgcf, which is rubber gear circle flat, so it is completetly the same except the tip has a rubber tip but in the same shape as the gcf tipTongue_out
(Jul. 08, 2014  1:53 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2014  7:26 AM)Neo Wrote: That would be amazing. Seriously; HMS Z-G too. Circle Wide is literally like a CF.

As good as BGrin is in Zero-G, I can see Bearing Grip Base being really OP too. Actually a rubber tipped BGrin would be pretty OP in Standard too.
I never thought of a rubber bearing drive, but I've always wished that there was a rgcf, which is rubber gear circle flat, so it is completetly the same except the tip has a rubber tip but in the same shape as the gcf tipTongue_out
That would be nice. A super aggresive GCF. That will make Wyvang Dragooon SA165 GCF something really special.

It's already pretty OP....attack wise.
Actually; the rather useless Magne Flat Base may have uses. It's very wide and tall. Customize Grip base is the same shape...but rubber. So that gets even MORE powerful.

Wing Defender will be so fun to use in the Stadium, along with Jumping Base, and SG Jumping Base Version 2 with its wide disk, along with Rock Bison's CED.

Jeeez. That would be the best format ever.
I'm actually heading up to New York in mid-august and I'm really thinking of hosting a tournament there. I see the effort Ocean and UltimateOrion have been putting in and it's sort of inspired me to host a large tournament there to get things going. I'm sure New York has plenty of bladers but they haven't been reached out to completely. I'm probably going to talk to both Ocean and UltimateOrion about co-hosting it Smile
I'm getting more and more excited for the processing of A Timely Farewell.
So I have a really tough time trying to explain banlists/why parts should be banned to my dad, lol. I was telling him about how there's this huge discussion on whether Dragooon F230GCF should be banned and his argument was basically this in Beyblade form:
(Jun. 09, 2014  1:24 AM)Flambo. Wrote: So, I challenged this guy to a battle but little did I know that he had a Xerneas. I still won, but that Xerneas was annoying. I told him that he shouldn't use Xerneas but he just got mad and said "Why? HE's GOOD!" then I told him that Pokemon like that are considered "uber" and they were banned in tournaments.
And then, he said that if the combo is so overpowered, then why doesn't everyone use it, so tournaments come down to skill, as in who is the best at using that combo. If something is the best, why would people use anything less than the best?

I told him about the really low distribution of TT Orange F230s to explain why it would be hard for everyone to have the best F230 for the combo, and how variety is good for the metagame and keeps it fun, but he still stood by his argument. It's difficult to argue his point because honestly, it makes a lot of sense.
Isn't this how it was with Basalt? It was pretty easy to obtain, and just about everybody used it.

Let's make a format where Basalt is the only legal Metal Wheel! xD #trueskillz
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:20 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Isn't this how it was with Basalt? It was pretty easy to obtain, and just about everybody used it.

Let's make a format where Basalt is the only legal Metal Wheel! xD #trueskillz

The revolution has begun.
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:20 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Let's make a format where Basalt is the only legal Metal Wheel! xD #trueskillz

On the topic of Basalt...

At one tournament this year, I remember theunderdog bringing up having a format where there should be only parts allowed from the meta period where Basalt was competitive, or something along the lines of that. That was also the period where Variares for attack, Scythe_BD145EDS, and both Lightning and Basalt Tanks shined the most, haha.

I saw a glimpse of what that meta period was like in Toronto watching a couple of videos on Daegor42's Youtube Channel that were uploaded back in 2011. ''Stupid BD145, stop floor scraping. I said stop floor scraping, why aren't you listening?''
No. Let's make a format using those plastic metal wheels in the early Hybrid wheel random boosters.
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:59 PM)Neo Wrote: No. Let's make a format using those plastic metal wheels in the early Hybrid wheel random boosters.
Light Wheels. I totally agree, that would be so much fun! Think of how quickly tournaments would go.
"3, 2, 1, Let it Rip!" *Clash* *Stop* "Ok, round 2!"
I love the light wheels, and I'd love to have even an unofficial side event featuring them.
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:02 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  10:59 PM)Neo Wrote: No. Let's make a format using those plastic metal wheels in the early Hybrid wheel random boosters.
Light Wheels. I totally agree, that would be so much fun! Think of how quickly tournaments would go.
I love the light wheels, and I'd love to have even an unofficial side event featuring them.

I could totally do that.
Plastics, HMS, and Light Wheels.
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:05 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:02 PM)Dual Wrote:

I could totally do that.
if you mean that being in the same format, no way haha. Light Wheels would always lose unless maybe if you use B: D or something.
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:20 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:05 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Jul. 10, 2014  11:02 PM)Dual Wrote: Light Wheels. I totally agree, that would be so much fun! Think of how quickly tournaments would go.

I could totally do that.
if you mean that being in the same format, no way haha. Light Wheels would always lose unless maybe if you use B: D or something.

No xD
You'd need MF-2 Clay Bull GB145MB
More like Clay Bull BD145RB, or it'd be knocked out in one fell swoop.

Anyway, I'd really like to try out this format, but not many people own Light Wheels, and I only own one myself. I may actually buy more and do some "just for fun" testing.
(Jul. 10, 2014  5:32 PM)Lord Wrote: I'm getting more and more excited for the processing of A Timely Farewell.
And it has! I got some new faces and credits! The best thing was me going top 100!
Just realized that I'll be earning a whole lot of credits from attending both High Park Throwdown 6, and HMS' NOT DEAD 3, hah:

HPT6:
  • Participating in a tournament: +1
  • For winning the majority of your matches: +1 (I went 3-2 that event)

HMS' NOT DEAD 3:

• Participating in a tournament: +1
  • For winning the majority of your matches: +1 (I went 6-3 that event)
  • For getting the 3rd place in a tournament: +1
  • All entrants of an HMS or Plastic tournament held on the Remembrance Day will also receive 1 extra Credit just for playing in the event!
Woot, 6 more credits to blow on Face Booster Diamonds! Eee
You don't get credits for winning the majority of your matches for HMS or Plastics.