WBO Organized Play Official Rules - Standard/Universal Release 3.6!

Hey World Bladers!

BeyDays is just a few days away! Are you all excited? In preparation for the staggering amount of tournaments happening around the world this weekend, we have a somewhat substantial update to the Standard and Universal Rules to release.

Unfortunately, Kai-V will not be able to edit the old rule books until after BeyDays, so for now you'll have to use this thread as a reference for the new rules, which are as follows:

The ruling regarding Beyblades breaking or separating during BeyBattle:
BeyBattle Wrote:The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating ends the BeyBattle and affords you an
automatic win for the BeyBattle.

Is being updated to:

BeyBattle Wrote:The opposing Beyblade breaking or separating ends the BeyBattle and affords you an automatic win for the BeyBattle. If both Beyblades are found to have broken at the same time, both Bladers may choose new Beyblades, and the BeyBattle will be reset.

And in the "Selection of Beyblade and Launcher" section, this:

Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:The Blader's Beyblade selection is to be considered undecided until the Beyblade is attached to the Launcher. Once the Beyblade is attached to the Launcher, that Beyblade must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.

Is having the following note added below it for clarification:

Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:Note: If using a Beyblade that has multiple modes, it is illegal to change the mode of the part(s) if you have to separate or disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so. This means that parts such as Lightning L Drago and BD145–which require the Beyblade to be disassembled in order to change modes–cannot be changed during a single BeyBattle. However, you may legally change the modes of parts such as CH120, TH170, and HF/S as many times as you like during a single BeyBattle.

Well, that's it for now! Happy BeyDays everyone! Smile We will do our best to have the rulebooks updated, and ready for download, ASAP after BeyDays is over.
So tracks like CH120 and TH170 would be legal to change? I'm not going to any beydays, but I just wanna clarify even though they require no separating of the bey. Thanks Kei Grin
(May. 27, 2011  5:04 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: So tracks like CH120 and TH170 would be legal to change? I'm not going to any beydays, but I just wanna clarify even though they require no separating of the bey. Thanks Kei Grin

Exactly. They are legal to change within a single BeyBattle because you do not have to disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so.
Thanks for clarifying the rules. I believe that I had run into this problem during my tournament where someone wanted to change the mode of their Gravity Perseus combo.
I find that second rule somewhat unfair. Oh well, rules are rules...
Just have a question: If you have a Beylauncher L/R equipped in a grip, to change spin you need to take it out and inset it again right? Is it legal? Thanks for the update Kei!
(May. 27, 2011  7:02 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Just have a question: If you have a Beylauncher L/R equipped in a grip, to change spin you need to take it out and inset it again right? Is it legal? Thanks for the update Kei!

Perfectly legal. It's just talking about taking a Beyblade apart to change it.
I do not. In my opinion if I fought someone who had Gravity Pearseus defence and then got to change it while I had a stamina type....

Also taking apart and putting together Beys can sometimes take a minute or so and you also have the risk of breakin your facebolt which will waste even more time. It is best just to keep the new ruleing.

Shame that it is minor chanes I thought there would be a lot done but then again, it is not version 4 but 3.6

EDIT: I just realized that really if you have a beyblade like; Beat Lynx TH170 WD and then change it to Beat Lynx TH220 WD. In a way that is like changing the beyblade because the part has changed. I know it is the actual same piece changing modes but....it is a different beyblade to how it was before.

It is kinda like switching Flame Libra DF145 SD to Flame Libra DF125 SD isn't it but just without taking the beyblade apart...
(May. 27, 2011  7:06 AM)RAW Wrote: EDIT: I just realized that really if you have a beyblade like; Beat Lynx TH170 WD and then change it to Beat Lynx TH220 WD. In a way that is like changing the beyblade because the part has changed. I know it is the actual same piece changing modes but....it is a different beyblade to how it was before.

It is kinda like switching Flame Libra DF145 SD to Flame Libra DF125 SD isn't it but just without taking the beyblade apart...

How is that the same? You're not changing any parts. "Switching Flame Libra DF145 SD to Flame Libra DF125 SD" isn't the same at all, you're not changing anything other than possible mold differences and condition differences. The part "changes" because it was designed that way. To be honest, you don't make much sense ...
I know it was designed to do that but IN MY OPINION if it is written out defferently, it is a different beyblade

(May. 27, 2011  7:18 AM)Hero Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  7:06 AM)RAW Wrote: EDIT: I just realized that really if you have a beyblade like; Beat Lynx TH170 WD and then change it to Beat Lynx TH220 WD. In a way that is like changing the beyblade because the part has changed. I know it is the actual same piece changing modes but....it is a different beyblade to how it was before.

How is that the same? You're not changing any parts. "Switching Flame Libra DF145 SD to Flame Libra DF125 SD" isn't the same at all, you're not changing anything other than possible mold differences and condition differences. The part "changes" because it was designed that way. To be honest, you don't make much sense ...
(May. 27, 2011  7:22 AM)RAW Wrote: I know it was designed to do that but IN MY OPINION if it is written out defferently, it is a different beyblade

Well, according to the WBO it is not. Now stop trying to tell me otherwise.
I have a right to share my thought don't I? That is kinda why I capitilized "IN MY OPINION"

Anyway I suggest we stick on point about the posities of the new rules.
Ahh, such disappointing changes. It completely defeats the purpose of LDD BD145CS, but oh well. I'm happy with all of this, and thanks for the news though. I'm doubtful about GP, or Vari Ares when it comes out. I would think the spin direction thing would still be allowed, but just checking up since all of those mentioned were tracks and you'd have to kind of disassemble(?) the launcher to change the prongs lol. (I meant to say the cap, but idk how to explain... Thank you pplz in advance, looking forward to the day.
ha, thought you couldn't change l-drago in between battles in the first place. not complaining, i always leave it in upper mode.
Noice. Bit late though? Meh, Maybe not.

What about this.

Blader 1's Bey - Flame Libra D125HF/S
Blader 2's Beyblade Flame Libra D125HF/S (Just examples)

Blader 1 - Changes S to HF.
Blader 2 - Notices this and changes to S
Blader 1 - Notices this and Changes to S.
And it just keeps going on and on.
Just Examples BTW ^^^^
Same thing with Height Changing Tracks and Gravity Perseus's Spin. What would happen?
Changing spin direction of Gravity Perseus and possibly Vari Ares is legal. What we want is that once you select your combination, its parts do not change. Switching from right-spin to left-spin on a Beylauncher LR is also less complicated and less long than switching modes by having to take apart a Beyblade.

TH170 is written TH170 at any height it is, in the official game. Some of you write it like "CH145" and "TH220" because you are fancy, but in fact that is wrong, it is still TH170 at 220 mode, and it was designed for its height to be changed at any moment.

Beyblade has always involved a lot of luck, and guessing what mode you should put Lightning L Drago in (etc.) hs always been part of it. I have no idea how some of you even thought it could be legal to disassemble your Beyblade to change one of its parts' mode.

Chups Wrote:What about this.

Blader 1's Bey - Flame Libra D125HF/S
Blader 2's Beyblade Flame Libra D125HF/S (Just examples)

Blader 1 - Changes S to HF.
Blader 2 - Notices this and changes to S
Blader 1 - Notices this and Changes to S.
And it just keeps going on and on.
Just Examples BTW ^^^^
Same thing with Height Changing Tracks and Gravity Perseus's Spin. What would happen?

Stalling Clause.
(May. 27, 2011  9:49 AM)Mushy Wrote: Ahh, such disappointing changes. It completely defeats the purpose of LDD BD145CS, but oh well. I'm happy with all of this, and thanks for the news though. I'm doubtful about GP, or Vari Ares when it comes out. I would think the spin direction thing would still be allowed, but just checking up since all of those mentioned were tracks and you'd have to kind of disassemble(?) the launcher to change the prongs lol. (I meant to say the cap, but idk how to explain... Thank you pplz in advance, looking forward to the day.
It's not like you could switch it to boost mode...
I'm pretty sure he means switching L Drago Destroy from absorb mode to attack mode or vice-versa.
Then I guess meteo l drago change ia legal? And l drago destroy?
(May. 27, 2011  7:32 PM)® Wrote: Then I guess meteo l drago change ia legal? And l drago destroy?

Once you choose what combination you take, no, you cannot do anything that requires disassembling it in any way. If you take a guess and use Meteo L Drago in Barrage Mode, then it will need to remain in that mode for all your encounter with that 'specific opponent', because you would need to take off the Face to change modes.
By "disassemble" in the rules, does that mean specifically taking the face, bottom, or anything else off? If so, and the Facebolt was loosened and elevated, but never left contact with the remainder of the Beyblade, and the owner changed, say, Meteo L Drago's mode, without any separation, would it be legal? Or would that go under "Separating"? Sorry, I always look for loopholes like this that could potentially be exploited.
(May. 27, 2011  7:55 PM)Odin Wrote: By "disassemble" in the rules, does that mean specifically taking the face, bottom, or anything else off? If so, and the Facebolt was loosened and elevated, but never left contact with the remainder of the Beyblade, and the owner changed, say, Meteo L Drago's mode, without any separation, would it be legal? Or would that go under "Separating"? Sorry, I always look for loopholes like this that could potentially be exploited.

I am not even sure it can physically be done, but yes, that would be considered illegal as well.
(May. 27, 2011  7:37 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 27, 2011  7:32 PM)® Wrote: Then I guess meteo l drago change ia legal? And l drago destroy?

Once you choose what combination you take, no, you cannot do anything that requires disassembling it in any way. If you take a guess and use Meteo L Drago in Barrage Mode, then it will need to remain in that mode for all your encounter with that 'specific opponent', because you would need to take off the Face to change modes.

Ok just doulbe checking. If I had a chance to suggest, i would say you cannot change modes of the HWS-4D Ldragos except for Pre L drago.
Make two of the same combos. Both in different modes...
(May. 28, 2011  12:35 AM)Nano Wrote: Make two of the same combos. Both in different modes...

You can't change your Beyblade after you choose one though...