WBO Organized Play Official Rules - Standard/Universal Release 3.6!

(May. 31, 2011  8:26 PM)Vamasco Wrote: Is the Triple Type Battle Stadium legal to use in a tournament ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Fight-Beyblade...20b84bb630

i do not think many have it so it hasn't been tested, so no

but i heard someone say that it is allot like the BB-10 takara-tomy attack stadium when it comes to performance
Blitz did test it , and the results were very similar to the attack stadium .
Does it need to be more tested , to be legal ?
(May. 31, 2011  8:33 PM)Vamasco Wrote: Blitz did test it , and the results were very similar to the attack stadium .
Does it need to be more tested , to be legal ?

so it must of been one of his posts that i read saying that

yes, IMO i think more people need to own it and test it for it to be legal
that stadium is awesome looking, i never saw it before.
It's a SonoKong special .
We all love Sonokong Tongue_out .
I'll probably test it ...
Considering that only one person reported using it but never posted any results, I really do not know how you expect us to make it legal even now after months of its release.
you guys should order some it looks balllllin'
I can't even find it on ebay any more Unhappy
It is a sweet looking stadium, though. It'd be cool if someone would at least measure it up for us.
I think the rules should touch up on theft and attendance for the next release... Although both have obvious answers, I feel as though it would be worth it to clarify.
I wasn't aware of theft issues?
(As much as I didn't need to be, what happened?)
I have one user on camera walking out of the venue with my TT attack stadium, I've had my Vulcan Susanoo 85RF and an EWD stolen at two separate events, Pockyx3 had his bag lifted at Crusade, Bluezee had his bag lifted at Big Apple Brawl and countless users lose their beys during events in general. It normally occurs in urban areas with a lot of players. New York is by far the worst.
WHAT? That's insane. Did you get the stadium back? Ugh, people are disgusting some times.

As obvious as it seems, it'd be good to include it in the rulebook. The attendance thing definitely needs to be written up somewhere, because pretty much every tourney holder is sick of people not attending after saying they'll be there.
This is a tournament rule book, not a guide about theft. And I think pretty obviously theft is an automatic permanent ban.

Attendance would be a good addition though.
(Jun. 02, 2011  12:55 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is a tournament rule book, not a guide about theft. And I think pretty obviously theft is an automatic permanent ban.

Attendance would be a good addition though.
Actually, a "handbook" would not be a terrible counter part to the rule book. Something like a tips and tricks edition.

I seriously think attendance should not be taken likely. I have kids who swear they will come to like, EVERY tournament, but never show, even though we make the minimum. It's just annoying more than anything.

At the North Carolina tournament, I had to GIVE a Beyblade to a parent to make the minimum. I felt bad that he had to pay the $5 fee to save the day, although he didn't seem to particularly mind as long as his son was having fun.
What about all of the newbies asking if L-drago is legal. I think that should be minorly mentioned in the rulebook because it does get annoying.
(Jun. 03, 2011  1:46 AM)rock L-drago Wrote: What about all of the newbies asking if L-drago is legal. I think that should be minorly mentioned in the rulebook because it does get annoying.

Just the fact that it is not mentioned as illegal should be enough ...
I do like the idea of a guide for people who are new to tournaments, actually. Very basic rules, some tips to playing well in a tournament, warnings about deception (not to say it's illegal, but so they don't freak out and accuse cheating when it happens to them). Just a one-pager document.
(Jun. 01, 2011  2:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Considering that only one person reported using it but never posted any results, I really do not know how you expect us to make it legal even now after months of its release.

Is there in fact a procedure for testing a stadium? Would it involve a standard set of bey match-ups and demonstrating that the same statistically significant set of results are produced in the stadium being tested and the TT Attack stadium? If so, I would be willing to do some stadium testing on the triple attack or others.
(Jun. 06, 2011  2:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I do like the idea of a guide for people who are new to tournaments, actually. Very basic rules, some tips to playing well in a tournament, warnings about deception (not to say it's illegal, but so they don't freak out and accuse cheating when it happens to them). Just a one-pager document.
Ah, I was going more along the lines of something for the hosts, but I think a tip guide would be great! I'd like to hand those out to the younger kids who play in tournaments because they don't switch beys and end up losing earlier than they should.

I assume you're referring to what happened to Kei? It's terrible that hosts are normally blamed for winning. For example, I remember I won in a tournament of 8 in Virginia, which was something like my 9th or 10th tournament that year so I was extremely happy! As parents were walking out, they scolded me for winning and claiming that I was rigging the tournament. My solution was for them to stay behind and I'd gladly teach them how to play and judge, review the rules, and go over recording results so they may run a more efficient event than I do. I completely skipped over defending myself in this instance. They shut up.

These kind of situations can be tricky because you want them to bring their kids back to events, but you also need to stand your ground. It would be ideal to have in a guide kind of like a warning and a method for handling these sort of things - like a "host etiquette". Not only would that help the stress level for the host and decrease tension, but it helps us maintain a better and more professional image for the WBO.

I'm considering typing up a step-by-step guide for promoting/planning events. It would mostly be geared toward meeting the minimum 8 in a rural area. When I was out in farm country, I saw that it is very difficult to get others to commit so you need back-up plans.
That entire post is excellent, Deikailo. I'm stressing over the chance that the same will happen when I run my tourney out here (plus, getting the 8 minimum is slightly harder than I'd thought).

A "Dummies Guide to Tourney Play", as Brad suggested, would be excellent too, methinks, considering I've answered questions like "can I use customised beys/fake parts/4d & MFB explosion beys" in my tourney thread and via PM already. It'd be good if we had a simple guide like that.
(May. 27, 2011  4:47 AM)Kei Wrote: And in the "Selection of Beyblade and Launcher" section, this:

Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:The Blader's Beyblade selection is to be considered undecided until the Beyblade is attached to the Launcher. Once the Beyblade is attached to the Launcher, that Beyblade must be used for the duration of the BeyBattle.

Is having the following note added below it for clarification:

Selection of Beyblade and Launcher Wrote:Note: If using a Beyblade that has multiple modes, it is illegal to change the mode of the part(s) if you have to separate or disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so. This means that parts such as Lightning L Drago and BD145–which require the Beyblade to be disassembled in order to change modes–cannot be changed during a single BeyBattle. However, you may legally change the modes of parts such as CH120, TH170, and HF/S as many times as you like during a single BeyBattle.

Okay, I just want to know, as it came up as my tourney, why this is illegal? It honestly seems like intended use to me... I know it's a pain time-wise, but yeah.
So, can you explain why it's not "intended use", or just explain to me?

Sorry to be a pain, but yeah, I gots ta know.
(Jul. 04, 2011  6:27 PM)th!nk Wrote: it is illegal to change the mode of the part(s) if you have to separate or disassemble the Beyblade in any way to do so. This means that parts such as Lightning L Drago and BD145–which require the Beyblade to be disassembled in order to change modes–cannot be changed during a single BeyBattle.

Quote:Okay, I just want to know, as it came up as my tourney, why this is illegal? It honestly seems like intended use to me... I know it's a pain time-wise, but yeah.
So, can you explain why it's not "intended use", or just explain to me?

Sorry to be a pain, but yeah, I gots ta know.

i agree with that. even in the show Ldrago (and other beyblades) change modes in battle

to me it doesn't seem right to make this illegal. but i think the reason why is that they could put a part that doesn't belong on while it is disassembled. why not just have someone watch him do it so he doesn't put a part that does not belong?
I mean, you can switch it before you attach, but it is not a "change" part so it shouldn't be changed during battle. One the face bolt is screwed on, that constitutes as a Beyblade. To take off the face bolt would be to make it not a Beyblade, in a sense.
It is possible that it holds an unfair advantage to users of LLD, MLD, or Gravity Perseus. If you think about it, (No pun intended, Th!nk) it would, as the two modes can be the difference between some good Smash attack, or potentially troublesome spin-equalizing. In Gravity's case, it promotes thinking about what mode it is in beforehand, and not being careless. That's my idea. It could be different.
I still want proof that this is not intended use, given the fact it is usually rather heavily advertised.

Is it allowed at TT tourneys?