WBO Organized Play Official Rules & Discussion

(Jun. 11, 2016  5:04 PM)TakaraMaster Wrote: i have a W2F tip and its worn down am i still able to use it in a tournament? here is the pic http://imgur.com/cTcVtM9

It's seems to look legal. Not sure how it would actually preform though. Tongue_out
i was wondering if top set rapidity beys where illegal in tournaments, cause i went to a MFB tournament and there where at least 3 kids using them.
They are illegal in WBO tournaments, which I'm guessing wasn't the tournament you went to. So in unofficial tournaments, they're technically not illegal, unless whoever is hosting the tournament said they were.
In other words, in any tournament with a minimal standard of quality considers them illegal, yes.
hi I would like to know if theres going to be a tournament in kingston ON canada because i am looking in to competeing at my school i am beyblade champion 6 years almost seven strong and i want to see what i got. thanks

-beast mode
(Jul. 04, 2016  3:55 PM)BEAST_MODE_BOSS Wrote: hi I would like to know if theres going to be a tournament in kingston ON canada because i am looking in to competeing at my school i am beyblade champion 6 years almost seven strong and i want to see what i got. thanks

-beast mode

Hey Beast Mode,

All tournaments are fan run, so it is up to the people in that area to host it. The closet tournament would be in Toronto, which is about 2 hours and a half away by drive. If you have enough people on your area, then maybe you can host a tournament! Smile
Guys can we usw phantom orion and diablonemesis for wbba?
(Sep. 18, 2016  2:24 PM)Akhil yadav Wrote: Guys can we usw phantom orion and diablonemesis for wbba?

For Zero-G and STD. Yes.

P.S. WBO is diffent from WBBA
Hi,

If people come to just watch the tournament, they don't need WBO accounts, correct? Please let me know, thanks!
(Sep. 25, 2016  10:32 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Hi,

If people come to just watch the tournament, they don't need WBO accounts, correct? Please let me know, thanks!

Of course – accounts are only required to track rankings Smile
(Sep. 25, 2016  10:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2016  10:32 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Hi,

Of course – accounts are only required to track rankings Smile

Awesome, thanks! Smile
for block round robin what is the minimum amount of players each block should have
(Oct. 12, 2016  12:11 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: for block round robin what is the minimum amount of players each block should have

Oh this is revealing an answer to the usual question I ask potential Organizers hah.

But anyway, officially you cannot have less than four Bladers. However, to give everyone as many battles as possible, try to have around six participants per Block at least, although no more than seven or eight.
What would do in the case that the amount of participants is equal to a prime number?
(Oct. 12, 2016  2:35 AM)MJ99TCGGaming Wrote: What would do in the case that the amount of participants is equal to a prime number?

Divide it in Blocks that are as equal as possible. For example, with seventeen: six, six, and five would be the best state.

This is also a common question I ask new Organizers to know if they are ready hahah.
(Jan. 01, 2010  12:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That must be a mistake. Only MFB stadiums should be legal in Standard.

So I'm 3d printing a 3rd gen Beyblade (Beyblade Burst) and I'd like it to be accepted as an official beyblade. The beyblade I'm making is an attack type and the concept is really good. I'd like to possibly speak with you about it because I feel like it could be legal. Also, if certain things about it aren't legal, could you help me with the design of it so that it is?
(Oct. 25, 2016  2:13 AM)Soaring Icarus Wrote: So I'm 3d printing a 3rd gen Beyblade (Beyblade Burst) and I'd like it to be accepted as an official beyblade. The beyblade I'm making is an attack type and the concept is really good. I'd like to possibly speak with you about it because I feel like it could be legal. Also, if certain things about it aren't legal, could you help me with the design of it so that it is?

We'd love to see the Beyblade you're 3D printing, but unfortunately no matter how good the concept is, it will not be legal for WBO Organized Play. We only allow Beyblades from the official manufacturers and distributors (TAKARA-TOMY, Hasbro, etc).

Whenever you're done with your Beyblade, feel free to post about it in Beyblade General or Your Creations!
(Oct. 25, 2016  3:09 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2016  2:13 AM)Soaring Icarus Wrote: So I'm 3d printing a 3rd gen Beyblade (Beyblade Burst) and I'd like it to be accepted as an official beyblade. The beyblade I'm making is an attack type and the concept is really good. I'd like to possibly speak with you about it because I feel like it could be legal. Also, if certain things about it aren't legal, could you help me with the design of it so that it is?

We'd love to see the Beyblade you're 3D printing, but unfortunately no matter how good the concept is, it will not be legal for WBO Organized Play. We only allow Beyblades from the official manufacturers and distributors (TAKARA-TOMY, Hasbro, etc).

Whenever you're done with your Beyblade, feel free to post about it in Beyblade General or Your Creations!

I know that but I'd like it to become an official beyblade and to be manufactured by Takara Tomy and Hasbro. I don't have to take credit.
Ah, we are not really the good organisation to submit your concept to then. You would have to get in contact with those two companies, or probably just TAKARA-TOMY, and even then I am not certain that they accept third-party ideas.
Time to bring this back eh?

We had Club Format today, which was fun and all, but the Rules are very lacking/ambiguous.

Firstly, in Deck Rotation Format, do we assume that a draw/double Burst results in a replay? We assumed so.

Secondly, Club Format has no rules really. We did the unranked Deck Rotation Round Robin, but do we hold a finals for that, and if so, how many people participate in the finals? Last time we had 4 people and 2 faced each other in the finals and this time we had 7 and 3 went to finals.
Do we even bother with finals or award 1st place to member with highest score at the end of the Round Robin?

Lastly, and I think this might have been discussed (somewhere or in the committee forum), what is the point of Winning Streak?
We admit, we love it. 4 player winning streak is intense and a lot of fun, but we don't know how that would be like with 7 people.
Plus, since it only lasts 20 mins, it can only be used as a side event and not a main. People pay to come to tournaments and being there for a 20 min session is pointless. Either this has be changed to something more lengthy (multiple streaks) or removed from what qualifies for Club Format and used as a side event to main/club tournaments.

@[~Mana~] back me up? lel Grin
I do think that a draw is a simple replay in Deck Rotation format.

As for finals in the Club Format - Deck Round Robin, I believe that they are not mentioned because you indeed do not do any. With four to seven players, it is not really justifiable to bring basically half of the participants to the finals.

I do think the Winning Streak format is too short, but hey, I think it was proposed with that length and nobody said anything...
Throwing this here to avoid potential bury. How do you guys feel about this?

Quote:The swiss section of the event went pretty smoothly and I have no complaints in regards to it. I do believe, however, that single elimination finals needs to be looked over, at least to some degree. I like the idea of having two blocks of four players and have the players with the highest records move forward, done optionally as opposed to single elimination finals by tournament hosts (with duration already spent hosting and overall competitiveness considered). Though more time consuming, this method accommodates to the veteran players who a) are curious in taking looks at the variety of combos players may use and mindsets players may have, or b) happen to slip up a match, which, yes, does happen quite frequently in Burst, even by the most seasoned veterans.
(Original Post: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WELCOME...pid1364263)
(Feb. 19, 2017  3:09 AM)Manicben Wrote: Time to bring this back eh?

We had Club Format today, which was fun and all, but the Rules are very lacking/ambiguous.

Firstly, in Deck Rotation Format, do we assume that a draw/double Burst results in a replay? We assumed so.

Secondly, Club Format has no rules really. We did the unranked Deck Rotation Round Robin, but do we hold a finals for that, and if so, how many people participate in the finals? Last time we had 4 people and 2 faced each other in the finals and this time we had 7 and 3 went to finals.
Do we even bother with finals or award 1st place to member with highest score at the end of the Round Robin?

Lastly, and I think this might have been discussed (somewhere or in the committee forum), what is the point of Winning Streak?
We admit, we love it. 4 player winning streak is intense and a lot of fun, but we don't know how that would be like with 7 people.
Plus, since it only lasts 20 mins, it can only be used as a side event and not a main. People pay to come to tournaments and being there for a 20 min session is pointless. Either this has be changed to something more lengthy (multiple streaks) or removed from what qualifies for Club Format and used as a side event to main/club tournaments.

@[~Mana~] back me up? lel Grin

Kai-V covers most of it in her post above, though I do personally feel we do need to go over the Club Format rules and add some detail to it. As it currently stands, there is a lot of assumption of rules going on, which shouldn't be the case; it should be very clear how a Club event is run and what should be done at each stage. This is something I'm sure we'll work on to avoid future confusion, haha.

In regards to Winning Streak; after last weekend's event, I did bring it up within the committee. A discussion on what adjustments need to be made to Winning Streak will appear in the Organiser's Circle in the coming days, though I expect this will largely be regarding the duration of the format more than how it fundamentally works, as it really was a tonne of fun when we played it Tongue_out
(Feb. 19, 2017  3:09 AM)Manicben Wrote: Secondly, Club Format has no rules really. We did the unranked Deck Rotation Round Robin, but do we hold a finals for that, and if so, how many people participate in the finals? Last time we had 4 people and 2 faced each other in the finals and this time we had 7 and 3 went to finals.

Club was basically not discussed in the open forums (though it did get mentioned a lot, without specifics) so I can see how it might seem skeletal. And that's also the point. Club is the stripped-back format for when a full tournament doesn't happen due to numbers. The very idea of "club" suggests it is just for small dedicated groups who show up even when nobody else does. This being the case, I find it clear enough that the RR is played without finals. It's played for fandom and fun, and that makes it different from the "professional" scene.

I like that aspect of it, personally. "No rules" are "good rules".
(Feb. 19, 2017  3:23 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Throwing this here to avoid potential bury. How do you guys feel about this?

(Original Post: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WELCOME...pid1364263)

So eight players into the finals?