Vulcan Upgraded! MFB Balance Combo? MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS

(Dec. 18, 2010  3:32 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: if MF can still outspin WB/RS defence combos
Thats the real wait on this piece. (wait and weight, lmao)
Anyway, I want to see Vulc against another CS to see how it does.. >.<
@Fyuoor
I'm managing quite well with MF Libra CH120 RF (albeit in a hasbro stadium, but against stamina types it's done great, and suffers less recoil than opposing attack types), but I can see exactly where you're coming from, that window is tiny, and I think the extra walls in LF make a difference (it makes most of it's early hits after bouncing off them). I vaguely recall that it was banned because it DID do well against everything, though, so I guess I'm a tad paranoid about it being overlooked, is all.

And excellent point about MF being hard to control, I guess I somehow spaced on that with all the excited buzz about it I've read, but yeah, come to think of it, I've got a fake plastic bey with a flat metal tip (from back in the day). It's horridly hard to control, and it also has terrible stamina, though it being slightly off centre is likely part of that... Uncertain

Also, you can't half tell I haven't played in a tourney... Ever... I'm in Perth, too, so yeah, I didn't consider the controllability and the fact that unless you're in Italy, or there's a huge swing everywhere else, you don't meet attack types regularly.
That actually brings a load more logic to this (which I must have skimmed in the OP or whatever). FWIW, I've been using this combo in my LF stadium (a stop gap till my attack stadium gets here), and it's done great against MF Leone (because I'm using Bull on Vulcan) GB145RS, and against top tier stamina beys, it hits them hard enough to KO them, if the stadium didn't have so many walls, so I guess that's something.

Also, any thoughts on using Bull instead of Horuseus, I know I'm, uhh, pushing the point a bit hard, but at the very least, the touch of extra stamina should be welcome, and I think it might do a better job offensively if the clear wheel is making contact, than Horuseus.

Dan, lolpun, and also, I've got another CS in the mail (I want a more aggro one, so I've ordered a SonoKong, as I currently have a TT). So if you can think of another good CS combo to use against it, (If you're thinking offensive, the best I can offer is Ray, as LLdrago has too much recoil without RF, and Pegasis isn't so great against attack types, otherwise I've also got Libra (BB-96 vers.), Gravity (Reshuffle Vers), Burn Mold 2 and Earth Mold 2, amongst others), when that and my Stadium arrives, I can test it (might be good to specify which CS you want on which, too).

Once again, what about Bull Tongue_out
(Dec. 18, 2010  3:38 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2010  3:32 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: if MF can still outspin WB/RS defence combos
Thats the real wait on this piece. (wait and weight, lmao)
Anyway, I want to see Vulc against another CS to see how it does.. Pinching_eyes_2

Without a doubt MF will be able to out spin RS or RSF, but against WB or CS I'm not so sure.

(Dec. 18, 2010  3:48 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: @Fyuoor
I'm managing quite well with MF Libra CH120 RF (albeit in a hasbro stadium, but against stamina types it's done great…

Against Stamina types MF Libra shouldn’t have to much trouble as Stamina are naturally weak against Attack types, it’s just the win rates I get with Libra against Defence types which make it an unviable combo for myself.

(Dec. 18, 2010  3:48 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: I vaguely recall that it was banned because it DID do well against everything, though, so I guess I'm a tad paranoid about it being overlooked, is all.

Haha, trust me if Libra is reinstated that combo won’t be overlooked Pinching_eyes_2

(Dec. 18, 2010  3:48 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: And excellent point about MF being hard to control, I guess I somehow spaced on that with all the excited buzz about it I've read, but yeah, come to think of it, I've got a fake plastic bey with a flat metal tip (from back in the day). It's horridly hard to control, and it also has terrible stamina, though it being slightly off centre is likely part of that... Uncertain

Without controllability in a Beyblade it’s useless. You may posses the most amazing Attack type there is but if you can’t control it with the Beyblade self KO’ing more often then it staying within the stadium it automatically becomes an unviable combo especially for Tournaments situations where you after reliability. That’s one of the reason’s why Stamina and Defence type Beyblades are so popular in Western tournaments.

(Dec. 18, 2010  3:48 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Also, any thoughts on using Bull instead of Horuseus, I know I'm, uhh, pushing the point a bit hard, but at the very least, the touch of extra stamina should be welcome, and I think it might do a better job offensively if the clear wheel is making contact, than Horuseus.

It’s a great idea, I’ve tried it myself. To be honest I should probably start using it with this combo, lol.
For what it's worth, in my Hasbro LF stadium, MF Vulcan Bull 85 CS beats MF Earth Cancer C145/GB145 RS every time (mostly by knocking it OVER). It probably proves very, very little, given it's not in an official stadium (though, seeing as the defense bey is losing constantly, maybe there's something to it), but it's the best I can contribute right now, and I suppose a weak indicator is better than nothing, right?

That's from well over ten battles each against C145 and GB145, both launched at 100% with Light/Right Launchers, and TT Ripcords. Defence launching first, and Vulcan shot using a catapault launch, which I get a decent amount of flower pattern with, though it's not amazingly long.
I find light launchers easier to use, thus I get more stable results with them right now, hence that, and I'm using Cancer because it's my next best substitute, but I don't think it makes much difference, it's hardly coming down to stamina right now, Vulcan has plenty of spin left after it's knocked Earth over. (I'll have a hasbro aquario before I do any stamina testing in the TT Attack Stadium (stamina dominates in LF)).

I <3 this combo, right now.

Also, there are some hits where it does a ridiculous amount of damage to Earth, I figure this is it getting in at that gap before/while the actual, uhh, wings of vulcan hit, right?

Fyuuor, glad to see you tried Bull, and agree. Also, it looks real nice too, IMO Grin
But Dan, I can see why you like the look of Vulcan. I've never liked Gold as a colour, though.

But yeah, Libra CH120RF is pretty lame against Defence types, it really requires a lucky shoot, and seeing how and seeing as Basalt is coming, and as Libra will boost defence when reinstated, plus the fact we have RS now... Yeah, I can see now, but that's for advanced users in the Libra Reinstatement thread. This is off topic, anyway. Thanks for pointing that stuff out to me, yeah, I can see I've still got quite a way to go, still getting back into the mindset and all. It's something to aim for

Re: Controlability, I think I actually remember an episode from the Original Beyblade (Maybe V series, I dunno), where they focused on that point Tongue_out FWIW, I find absolutely crazy attack types fun, if completely useless, at least it's awesome that one time you hit the opponent. But anyway, that's off topic.
I have tried Bull with Vulcan and it does fit well, I just liked Horuseus better, >.<
Just curious, by the way, how did you launch it against MF-H Earth Bull GB145 WB? And did it win by outspin or KO? I've had trouble outspinning WB-based opponents in my LF (still waiting on that attack stadium).
Haha, what I've found with Libra:

MF-H Libra GB145RS vs Vulcan Horuseus 85R2F

Outspun by Vulcan, most of the time...

Not to happy Uncertain
Is libra being destabilised by vulcan, littlechipz? RS has bad balance, so maybe that's why?

I just did a quick 5 rounds in LF (still waiting on my attack stadium), and MF-H libra gb145rs beat MF Vulcan Bull 85rf by outspin each time. (I forgot to use horuseus, and don't have r2f).
Hmm, surprisingly, my R2F has more stamina than RF

I can do tests with RSF

And no it isnt being destabilized, atleast from what ive seen.

Call me chipz ;]
Eh, in my tests, libra still had plenty of spin left, but yeah. Though it's not that appropriate for this thread, as that's RF vulcan, not CS.
Okay, I have found something out: MF-H totally upgrades this upgrade:

Lightning LDrago CH120RF vs. MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS
Lightning LDrago CH120RF win rate: 3/10 (1 OS, 2 KO)
MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS win rate: 7/10 (3 KO, 4 OS)
Draws: 2

I've tested it a few times, at it has not gotten a score under 50%. Against LLD, that is actually very good.
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:55 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Just curious, by the way, how did you launch it against MF-H Earth Bull GB145 WB? And did it win by outspin or KO? I've had trouble outspinning WB-based opponents in my LF (still waiting on that attack stadium).

A straight shot into the centre of the stadium. Strange, perhaps it's the stadium but I found that MF - Vulcan Horuseus 85CS was able to outspin WB based opponents the easiest Uncertain

It could be the condition of your CS tip as mine is quite worn.

(Dec. 23, 2010  10:08 PM)Dan Wrote: Okay, I have found something out: MF-H totally upgrades this upgrade:

Lightning LDrago CH120RF vs. MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS
Lightning LDrago CH120RF win rate: 3/10 (1 OS, 2 KO)
MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS win rate: 7/10 (3 KO, 4 OS)
Draws: 2

I've tested it a few times, at it has not gotten a score under 50%. Against LLD, that is actually very good.

Those are interesting results good work Dan!
Though it must be said that I was never fond of using L L Drago with the CH120 track as the win rates I recorded with CH120 weren't as high as other L L Drago variants, if you don't mind Dan could you retest with a 100 track?

It seems the addition of a MF - H has improved the combos Defence capabilities dramatically, though the one thing I'm worried about is whether or not using a MF - H will lower Vulcan’s Stamina to such a degree that instead of having trouble against Attack types Vulcan will begin to struggle against Stamina types instead.
I can use a lower track, yes. I cannot test any top-tier stamina beys at the moment though, unfortunately.
But I think it's smash will take care of stamina types. Could you possibly test it?
Edit: I had always felt better about using LLD on CH120 instead of 90 or so, but I will test it.
lol.. well... i think vulcan horseus 85CS is an attack beyblade not balance.. the only diference off the top-tier attackis the bottom.. but remember that cs can be used for attack.. so i´m not surprised with this results
Blader Richie, it seems like in all your posts, you're trying to prove someone wrong. This thread is about Fyuoor's combo and testing is being done to see and confirm if this is a balance combo. The point of the CS bottom in this combo Was not to be used primarily as an attack bottom, but to make this combo have capabilities that can defeat attack, defence, and stamina combos. And one change in bottoms can make a big difference,, as you can see by the results in this thread.
yes it´s true but this is an attack type..
well al the parts of that combo are attack parts.. i know CS it´s used on top tier defense... but cs moves fast so this is an attack combo..
(Dec. 24, 2010  4:27 AM)Blader Richie Wrote: well al the parts of that combo are attack parts.. i know CS it´s used on top tier defense... but cs moves fast so this is an attack combo..
If you launch CS correctly it does not even move, so it is definitely not an Attack type in that case.
Well look, you can't just declare it an attack combo without TESTS. TESTS, TESTS TESTS TESTS TESTS and more TESTS.
Edit: Kai-v, you beat me twice in a row.
Okay:
Lightning LDrago 90RF vs. MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS
Lightning LDrago 90RF win rate: 6/10
MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS win rate: 4/10
MF-H win rate: 40%
MF win rate: 20%
(Dec. 24, 2010  5:38 AM)Dan Wrote: Okay:
Lightning LDrago 90RF vs. MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS
Lightning LDrago 90RF win rate: 6/10
MF-H Vulcan Horuseus 85CS win rate: 4/10
MF-H win rate: 40%
MF win rate: 20%

I guess lightning does rule supreme after all... Can I use this for MF-2 testing on the potentials thread? MF-2 is not officially top tier...
I realize that, and yes, but it did 20% better than MF (in this case) against a lower tracked LDrago. (Fyuuor used 100RF.)
Can I suggest we consider 90 for this combo? I got pyxis for xmas, and as much as I'm still waiting on my bb-10, in lf, it makes better contact with 230 opponents. Then again, it coukd be the stadium, as so far, I've had little problem hitting the track hard enough to make it wobble, allowing metal on metal contact (though lldrago did better at that than vulcan). This was worsened on RS. Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.

For the record, I'm using MF-H Vulcan Bull 90CS.
(Dec. 29, 2010  5:19 AM)MeteorKing Wrote: Can I suggest we consider 90 for this combo? I got pyxis for xmas, and as much as I'm still waiting on my bb-10, in lf, it makes better contact with 230 opponents. Then again, it coukd be the stadium, as so far, I've had little problem hitting the track hard enough to make it wobble, allowing metal on metal contact (though lldrago did better at that than vulcan). This was worsened on RS. Anyway, I'm getting off topic here.

For the record, I'm using MF-H Vulcan Bull 90CS.

You could replace the track with 90 if you don't have access to an 85, but due to CS's height it's more beneficial to use an 85 track.

Anyways I have no trouble using this combo against 230RS/WD, Vulcan actually achieves quite impressive win rates against 230RS/WD.